Westone ES3X Appreciation Thread
Jul 31, 2009 at 3:44 PM Post #1,516 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to hear about your issues, Klatzz. I can fully sympathise with you as I had to send back my set 3 times and only my 4th set was practically flawless.

I'm still waiting for my 5th set to return.
4th set came back with obvious distorted sound on the left, very disappointed..
frown.gif

I guess I'm the record holder for re-molding.

Jul 31, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #1,517 of 1,871
^^ wow.... lucky they sound so good when they get it right

Jul 31, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #1,518 of 1,871
just got the new set and its nothing less than PERFECT!!!! I compared it with what I heared in the concerts in the Concertgebouw and I can say they are extremly balanced - and the new pair also looks perfect - In transparent - no bubbles and no nothing -just pure PERFECTION
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Jul 31, 2009 at 6:52 PM Post #1,519 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by Labbit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif

A fifth set??!! Really sorry to hear about that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pila405 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just got the new set and its nothing less than PERFECT!!!! I compared it with what I heared in the concerts in the Concertgebouw and I can say they are extremly balanced - and the new pair also looks perfect - In transparent - no bubbles and no nothing -just pure PERFECTION
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Great news, Pila!

Jul 31, 2009 at 6:55 PM Post #1,520 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A fifth set??!! Really sorry to hear about that.

Yeah, you saw it right, fifth set.
I bought the ES3X for almost 6 months, but only get to enjoy it for 1 month in total, max.

Jul 31, 2009 at 7:25 PM Post #1,521 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by tigon_ridge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well said. I find it interesting that you and some others find them to be about within %15 sub (subjective? lol) of each other, while others find them very different. It's probably that they hadn't found the right tips for their um3x to match their ears. In any case, can't wait to get my fingers one a pair in a near future.

mmmhhhh..... I have been using IEM's for years and I am very comfortable on what works and what doesn't. Same with good seal. No problems in that department. The ES3X sounds much better to my ears than the UM3X. The JH13 (universal) I listened to, did not impress me more than the Westones.

Jul 31, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #1,522 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by Labbit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif

Just checked in with the lab and they are currently working on your earphones. Apparently a wire came loose on the left side. They are installing all new electronics just to be 100% sure. You should also be all good on the fit now. The right and left will look different in length and shape. Just like a fingerprint, no two ear canals are the same, even on the same person.

Jul 31, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #1,523 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just checked in with the lab and they are currently working on your earphones. Apparently a wire came loose on the left side. They are installing all new electronics just to be 100% sure. You should also be all good on the fit now. The right and left will look different in length and shape. Just like a fingerprint, no two ear canals are the same, even on the same person.

Thanks p0wderh0und, that's a fast response.

Jul 31, 2009 at 11:26 PM Post #1,527 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by gilency /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, but I don't think the UM3X and ES3X sound the same. it may be the crossover or the drivers. I don't know. I think its a different animal. As far as the JH13, I heard the universal demo at CanJam, and although is hard to compare with my customs, I did not think they were much better. But that's my opinion, and I am quite happy with my customs. I could buy the JH13 too; I just don't see the point, unless you want to keep up with the Jones's. My ears are not in a hurry.

I could be wrong, but I'm sure it was established that the UM3X and ES3X are technically identical, with the exception of the customization process.

Aug 1, 2009 at 12:00 AM Post #1,528 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_jones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I could be wrong, but I'm sure it was established that the UM3X and ES3X are technically identical, with the exception of the customization process.

On the website it says they share the same drivers. No mention of the cross-feeds. Anyways, even if numbered specs appear identical on paper what goes on within the manufacturing process remains a mystery. Not like we can objectively benchmark their drivers to prove whether their claim is true or false.

Aug 2, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #1,529 of 1,871
"Using the same technology as our custom ES3X, the UM3X is the earpiece of choice for performers desiring high-end Westone sound quality in a universal-fit package."

So the term used is "technology," technically including crossover. Okay, clarified.

Aug 2, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #1,530 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by tigon_ridge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Using the same technology as our custom ES3X, the UM3X is the earpiece of choice for performers desiring high-end Westone sound quality in a universal-fit package."

So the term used is "technology," technically including crossover. Okay, clarified.

No, i don't think so. Technology could be crossover type, doesn't necessarily mean the same crossover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back