Westone 4r Vs Shure SE846 whats the best?
Dec 22, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #46 of 67
There are more nice earbuds, you have the velvet ,better than the shures, you have the angie on special, are 8 drivers on each side beat the shires, and you have a few cheap ones that are great consideration, you can buy the sony xba a3, which is the same as z5 except for.the body material which makes no difference, also on amazon you have the lz a2 for 115, that.leaves you with money to buy a nice hifi sound cheap dac like xduoo x3, and money left over for a few other signatures earbids, the shure are grwat, but you can get audio technica like Hawaii did the cks 1100 and I've heard them with removable cable they are awesome

Dec 23, 2015 at 6:21 AM Post #47 of 67
I have both. For me,the 846 is my go to,wider soundstage/greater depth, better bass.The w40,are a better fit than the 846. W40,with small tips, fitted immediately. The 846,took around two months of different tips etc., before i found a good seal. All this will depend on what you are using them with of course.Hope this helps.

Dec 26, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #48 of 67
Somewhat similar sound sig but SE846 gives you SUB bass where W40 is mostly mid bass.  SE846 is pleasantly brighter as well.  But beware….the big housings can be uncomfortable for some.  I couldn’t handle it after 20 minutes and I consider myself pretty normal easy fitting person.

Dec 28, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #49 of 67
There are more nice earbuds, you have the velvet ,better than the shures, you have the angie on special, are 8 drivers on each side beat the shires, and you have a few cheap ones that are great consideration, you can buy the sony xba a3, which is the same as z5 except for.the body material which makes no difference, also on amazon you have the lz a2 for 115, that.leaves you with money to buy a nice hifi sound cheap dac like xduoo x3, and money left over for a few other signatures earbids, the shure are grwat, but you can get audio technica like Hawaii did the cks 1100 and I've heard them with removable cable they are awesome

As an owner of both IEMs, I have the right to ask: do you even know what you're talking about?

Dec 28, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #50 of 67
Of course you may ask, specially.when this is what I do, and I also have a few stores on the Internet ,like ebay amazon,.bonanza, and to make it short craiglist. We sometimes follow the leader, but, this is my hobby, and money is not a problem, but music is subjective, for instance , what you like ,I might not, some people like an item for the fact that it's a flagship, well , I have asg 2.5 ,just got them about two weeks, check around and see what a 500 dollar aurisonics is compared to shure 846, and again the 100 dollar, new flagship by lz a2 ,knocks the socks of most out there, it's a hybrid, that's why it can do it, remember in the u.s., you pay for the name , in other countries, there are so many companies trying to make a dollar they will copy e erything to the exact, perhaps with lesser quality materials but the end effect of the sound is 95% of the original, so is 100 dollars bad, compared to 100, with the left over 900 , I can buy a series of items, to fill all my desires , including daps, players tips, tablets, laptops, harddrives, but I love the 846, it's nice, I love.the interchangeable filters, so from an owner of about 20 earbuds , yes ,I know what I'm talking about, enjoy you earbuds.

Dec 28, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #51 of 67
Actually I'm gonna order some new things today, I need a cheap player for the gym, and perhaps , some cheap hybrids, I was thinkin, xduoox3, with om audio, inner peace ,for and added bump and sq, I can use fiio andes, or 17k, I love this hobby, this week I'll start downloading exercise and lounge music, don't be upset, I know how it feels ,I meant no disrespect ,just opinions to help new people with little money get a great rig, happy holidays.

Dec 28, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #54 of 67
I totally agree, think about it, 1000 buck for only four armatures and a crossover and yes the best plate with works like one to maintain some rumble like a real dynamic, I prefer hybrids anyday, just because the realisty lows, but my aurisonics is another world and it can be adjusted, and the clarity surpasses most, now think all you can buy on clearance and markdowns for the same price, but I can understand this is were I'm at , and that's were your at, I'm just here to help, the same way I learned from others ,like twister 5 ,Hawaii badboy, and so many others, I wish every could tell me hey crazy eddie don't uy that, instead buy this for less and show others, how good it is, I would have never thought that a 50 dollar or a 100 dollar or a two hundred dollar and a three hundred dollar could sound like that, and you can also buy used, second hand , and save like 50 % on prices, or just buy from china or japan, Hawaii showed me that the xb90 bass is better than the shures 846, of course with the right player and amp, and xb90 only cost 77 on amazon shipped from japan, now for.less than 200 you can get the sony 800st, and with a.good dac amp it's very hard to touch in clarity and what that 16 driver can do , the same one inside sony's flagship the z5. So point made its not about hurting it's about helping others enjoy music and sounds and hopefully they won't have to spend or make the same mistakes ,I made,

Dec 28, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #55 of 67
They say for the gym the xduoox3 is great, and add a small amp, xduoo also has inexpensive ones for 30 or 40, plus I wanna try the om audio.innerear peace, on sale now on amazon a hidden gem, another 50 dollar one, with a 10mm.dynamic driver.i think nanotube or sprayed with some compound like the vsonic gro7mk2, plus a big scaled armature tweeter, I'm not sure if it's ve shaped, but they compare it to other better ones. ,now I'm going shopping , and after.this xmas and new years it's about organizing my music ,movies and getting my business on track, I have my note with dac and amp, for the house I have a great system, plus now I just amped and dac my note 10.1 , so I can used earbuds in the house or headphones or just.listen to my yamaha with cambridge sound works 5.1 set up, also aditional two Cambridge satellites also connected to woofer in case I just want something tiny for laptop and phone or something else, I love movies and headphones and buds with tablets and amps and dacs are awesome, remember that samsung galaxy notes line are the best ones , the processor and dac amp are also better, plus sd card slots or sd card adapter to harddrives, I have ipod touches , I just wanted to get out of apple, but maybe I think about it for the gym, and storage, Dropbox is good, hope you guys can help me any time, I will help anybody, I share the love , merry xmas, and a happy new one guya.

Dec 28, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #60 of 67
My answer is yes, because of the options, to reduce the bass and increase, but the bass you get is the best, and it does it with a normal amp like e12 fiio. And you have money to get a player compared to the shure, if shure dropped to 600 then it's were it should be, it's not new, it's old 4 drivers, you have universals with 6,8,10,I like musical, happy, detailed, non boring music, alive, emotional, if your starting I would definitely suggest asg 2.5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back