Westone 4R Amp
Jun 8, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #17 of 39
Quote:
The FiiO E11, Arrow 4G, are popular choices for the W4s. I especially like the E11s with them. But they are rather efficient, so if it wasn't for the fact that you're using an iPhone 5 (which has a rather high output impedance compared to the iPhone 4), I wouldn't recommend an amp at all.

I can add to these:  RSA Mustang or Predator! Using Shure yellow foam tips, Westone Star tips (red)

Jun 9, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #18 of 39
Price range?

personally im using the ALO Audio RX MK2 / Cypher Labs Algorhythm Solo / ALO Audio SXC SOLO Cable Combo.... this is a exceptional setup that i feel synergizes with the W4R With Perfection.

im also using the BTG_Audio Sunrise Upgrade Cable..

i have also used the jds labs c421 and jds c5 and those are really good amps for the price.

Jun 10, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #22 of 39
i agree. v1 to v3 the w4r seems to love. for whatever reason the w4 seems to shine with pretty much all alo audio amps they seem to have great synergy between the alo and w4/r

Agree with you.. Westone 4R with Null Audio's Aoede Series silver cable paired up with Alo Continental V2 is actually a set up where I can live with after I retire from the audio world..

Jun 10, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #23 of 39
I have to chip in here. An amp that makes the W4`s sound bang on? Less than $100? C&C BH. Flick the LF switch, bass is enhanced but also a little helping hand on the highs.
Combine that with the Comply tsx400 tips, a benchmark that is hard to beat. My mission is to find that in a universal. Only chance this year is the Stage diver 3.

Believe in cables? a Mundorf cable LOD. A Fii0 in comparison is super warm.

Jun 10, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #25 of 39
Quote:
Digizoid is by far the best amp out there. Its size is what puts it above all other amps.

Glad you like it, I am actually selling an as new ZO2 at the minute. (UK)

Aug 17, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #26 of 39
The FiiO E11, Arrow 4G, are popular choices for the W4s. I especially like the E11s with them. But they are rather efficient, so if it wasn't for the fact that you're using an iPhone 5 (which has a rather high output impedance compared to the iPhone 4), I wouldn't recommend an amp at all.

Hi TwinQy,

how do you know that if iPhone 5 has higher impedance than iPhone 4S ? how do you tell that ?
because so far I've been using the W4 and W4R IEM connected to my Fiio E11 or not, I cannot tell the difference of any sound quality apart from higher sound volume.

The source that I use is the 320 kbps MP3 and FLAC.

Aug 17, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #27 of 39
Quote:
Hi TwinQy,

how do you know that if iPhone 5 has higher impedance than iPhone 4S ? how do you tell that ?
because so far I've been using the W4 and W4R IEM connected to my Fiio E11 or not, I cannot tell the difference of any sound quality apart from higher sound volume.

The source that I use is the 320 kbps MP3 and FLAC.

Where the E11 is around 0.5 ohms, if I recall correctly (don't quote me on the number I'm probably wrong)

I think it's a good thing that you can't tell the difference. Now you'll probably have to spend less time worrying about DAPs/amps. Which is always good for the wallet.  

Aug 18, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #28 of 39
I used my W4s with an IPC and JDS C5 for the time that I had them and they had great synergy. The transparent C5 added a little space and body to the sound. Great combination. And relatively inexpensive!

Aug 18, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #29 of 39

Where the E11 is around 0.5 ohms, if I recall correctly (don't quote me on the number I'm probably wrong)

I think it's a good thing that you can't tell the difference. Now you'll probably have to spend less time worrying about DAPs/amps. Which is always good for the wallet.  

Thanks for the clarification man,

So in this case, the higher the impedance, means the higher to drive or higher SQ loss ?
therefore,AMP is needed to reduce the loss ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back