Westone 3 - You asked for it, we listened !
Nov 19, 2008 at 5:22 PM Post #2,418 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoiseGUI /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the 28th when vendors will be able to ship?

We should receive the Westone 3 next Wednesday or Thursday on our Florida warehouse, however all shipments will be sent out on November 28, Friday of next week.

Nov 19, 2008 at 5:45 PM Post #2,419 of 2,524
popcorn.gif
We need to remove 241 pages for impressions.

Nov 19, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #2,420 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flavio T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We should receive the Westone 3 next Wednesday or Thursday on our Florida warehouse, however all shipments will be sent out on November 28, Friday of next week.

YEAH!!!!!!!!!
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

Order Date: 11/19/2008
Subtotal: $399.00
Shipping: $38.00
Tax: $0.00
Total: $437.00
Shipping Method: International - Outside US via FedEx Usually $38 (3-6 days with tracking number)

I am STOKED!! I remember reading this thread before I even joined Head-Fi. I think it was around page 40/50 then, and by the time I'd finished reading every single word of every single post... I started thinking, hmmmmmm, when are they actually coming out then?? A couple of months later, with the thread growing, and my enthusiasm waning, I gave up and spent my money elsewhere. Later, I joined Head-Fi and ocasionally revisted the Westone thread, which was fast becoming a joke by then. I don't think I ever posted in this thread, because with all the conflicting release dates, there was nothing concrete to look forward to.

And THEN......... TODAY..... they were available to BUY!!!!!!!! I never thought the day would come!!! I am so excited I can barely sit still
beyersmile.png
- OMG!!! The Westone 3 is no longer a myth, it's REAL - and it's on its way to the UK via FEDEX next week! YAYYYYYYYYY. AND I KNOW I'll get hit with nice hefty customs charges, and I don't even CARE!

Oh, and I had the UM2's for 24 hours over a year ago and I didn't like them much. But they were the most comfortable earphones I'd ever ever worn, EVER!! And I'm hoping there'll be the same jump in improvement from UM2 to W3 as there was between the super.fi 5 Pro and the TF10. I would be more than happy with that!!

Helllooooooooo Mr Flavio T earphonesolutions person up there!!
Can you seeeeeeeee meeeeeeeeeee? I ordered from you a couple of years ago, 2 pairs of super.fi 5 Pro. [size=medium]Pleeeaaaaaase [/size]could you send out my W3 the very second they're in because I'm a very excited Brit who has been waiting forever and ever and ever for these!!

Signed: A Very Excited Brit!!

P.S Have you sent them yet?
atsmile.gif

EDIT: It has been almost 2 hours since I ordered, and I have still not received them yet.
What a good thing I am so patient...
smile_phones.gif

Nov 19, 2008 at 7:13 PM Post #2,422 of 2,524
DONE! Can't wait until the end of the month.

Maybe there should be a new thread for impressions once people start receiving them.

Oh, and I publicly ask for forgiveness for my impatience a little while back in the thread.
redface.gif
Since I recently puchased the IE8, and have a warranty pair of Atrio version 2's on the way, I'm going to have a fun shootout with all of the earphones very soon I can tell.

Nov 19, 2008 at 9:21 PM Post #2,425 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by woodsrider /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Extreme product testing on Colorado singletrack!

Pre-production Westone 3 fitted with small Comply tips.

You must be a happy mountain biker. How did they do isolating you in your musical world while riding?

Nov 19, 2008 at 9:37 PM Post #2,426 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You must be a happy mountain biker. How did they do isolating you in your musical world while riding?

The Comply® Tips provide exceptional isolation - so much, in fact, that I find myself glancing over my shoulder before I make sudden turns and stops. I guess I just need to work on riding faster than everyone else!
wink.gif
I get some wind noise at higher speeds (even with the Comply tips), but for normal trail riding it's all tunes.

For running and biking, it's a matter of personal preference. Some folks like the isolation; some prefer more ambient awareness.

Nov 19, 2008 at 11:28 PM Post #2,427 of 2,524
soozieq

Congratulations on your order and I hope you get them soon! But... I have had a preorder on file with Flavio since June of 07 so I hope you will understand my hope that mine ship first!!! LOL

I am certain there are many ahead of me as well.

I am sure that Powderhound is relieved to finally able to smile that this is over. I have been reading this thread since it started. I would check it every day for updates. It became a ritual. When to official delay was listed I would still check every month or so. What is funny to me is that I checked the thread this morning and almost did not check it again.

Thanks also to Flavio and his great company. He was always willing to discuss information about the 3 and handled his frustration as a dealer in as always professional manner. I did break down and get a pair of UM2's this summer and was not disappointed. In fact it just convinced me the 3's would be special.

I did not participate in the endless discussions but felt very much involved. I am looking forward to the discussion that we have all been looking forward to... what we think of the 3's.

So anyone that wants a lightly used pair of UM2's let me know. I will soon have 3's in my ears.

Nov 20, 2008 at 8:26 AM Post #2,428 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's like movies. The best time to put them out would be during the summer season. Same case here. The best time for them to earn something is the Christmas season. They keep saying it'll be released by the end of this year. But who'll buy them if they've already bought something else for Christmas?

Now wasn't that just all common sense. I can't believe you didn't figure that one out yourself.

-____-

oh yeah sorry we've all only got money to spend on christmas.

Nov 22, 2008 at 1:57 AM Post #2,429 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by jwm6780 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
soozieq

Congratulations on your order and I hope you get them soon! But... I have had a preorder on file with Flavio since June of 07 so I hope you will understand my hope that mine ship first!!! LOL

I am certain there are many ahead of me as well.

I am sure that Powderhound is relieved to finally able to smile that this is over. I have been reading this thread since it started. I would check it every day for updates. It became a ritual. When to official delay was listed I would still check every month or so. What is funny to me is that I checked the thread this morning and almost did not check it again.

Thanks also to Flavio and his great company. He was always willing to discuss information about the 3 and handled his frustration as a dealer in as always professional manner. I did break down and get a pair of UM2's this summer and was not disappointed. In fact it just convinced me the 3's would be special.

I did not participate in the endless discussions but felt very much involved. I am looking forward to the discussion that we have all been looking forward to... what we think of the 3's.

So anyone that wants a lightly used pair of UM2's let me know. I will soon have 3's in my ears.

Thanks for the kind words soozieq!

Wow! We just got back from Colorado Springs. We spent the whole day at Westone yesterday. What a treat! They were super nice. Thanks Jeff, Lynn, Dale, Doug, Karl and the wives for the awesome time we spent there. You can feel the passion on everyone that works at Westone and despite the freezing "Floridian killer" weather, we felt nothing but warmth.

On our way back today from Westone to Florida, during both flights (Colorado - Dallas and Dallas - Orlando) Adriana and I were listening to the Westone 3.

Well, as for the Westone 3, stay tuned on our website for a very exciting review this coming Sunday. I started typing it on the plane. It's all about the sound! Amazing... We will share some pics as well.

ALL orders, and I mean ALL orders, dating back from January 2007 until orders placed until November 28th of 2008 ARE GUARANTEED SHIPMENT on November 28th!

We will start packing all orders on Tuesday (estimated arrival date here) so that the Thanksgiving turkey can be enjoyed without jeopardizing our commitment with the 28th of November shipping date.
wink_face.gif

Nov 22, 2008 at 4:49 AM Post #2,430 of 2,524
great news Flavio! I look forward to reading the review Sunday!
I've had great experiences ordering from earphonesolutions before, and I very well might order the westone 3's from there too.

Just need to find the courage to remove $400 from my wallet >.<

Users who are viewing this thread

Back