Westone 3 - You asked for it, we listened !
Jun 27, 2008 at 5:02 PM Post #2,236 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I have a few thoughts on things as they now stand. On the one hand, it's amusing to me that some people would outlaw complaining about anything that doesn't fall under the categories of war or famine. But I've already made past arguments about the inherent validity of people's feelings, their democratic expression on these boards, and how reducing these to "whining" is emotionally juvenile and arguably abusive. On the other hand, there is a difference between complaining for the sake of venting, and reasoned criticism that seeks evidence to make a point. In all my posts, I have strived for the latter.

Myself and others have criticized Westone for its misleading public statements, its lack of communication, and the unreasonable delay of its product release, all things that Westone (ala Doug) has more or less acknowledged and apologized for. I correctly predicted the W3 would be delayed much longer than was being publicly acknowledged, and I still wonder if it will ever be released - though Doug's reentry into this thread is a very encouraging sign. To confuse this with whining is to misconstrue the purpose of dissent, not to mention its value. It's very possible that the recent "noise" coming from our thread put some pressure on Westone to make a statement. Maybe it helped us get Doug back

And on that note, I'd like to switch gears a little and say WELCOME BACK, DOUG. The past being the past, I'm just glad you're with us right now. I have been a big criticizer of Westone, but the bottom line is that I do want the W3 to come out (I think most of us do), and having you around makes it feel less like vaporware. I have some advice for my fellow head-fiers: It's advantageous to us that Doug posts on this thread. He is more likely to do so if we don't run him out of here. Posts like these are not helpful:

Now, I sympathize with the anger and might even agree with the statement. I might have posted something like it a month ago. It's valid dissent that has a reasoned point to make, but its language is unreasonably inflammatory and rude. Considering the current situation, I'm not sure it's helpful. Doug has returned and is trying to make amends for the situation. And though every person will decide on their own how much forgiveness to appropriate, I suggest that as a group, we try to be civil and respectful. I am again assuming that most of us want this product to come out. It is therefore in our interest to stay as informed as possible, and the best way to do that is to keep Doug around.

Most excellent post, well reasoned...

However, it doesn't look like you've been around long enough to have danced this dance before, as others have, with UE and Shure. The time for calm and polite response to this corporate tactic is long past. We are the pre-eminent internet headphone site - we should not be ****ed with...

Jun 29, 2008 at 9:21 PM Post #2,238 of 2,524
Price is not bad. To be sincere. Almost all IEMs manufactures is using really old depricated drivers. How old is the same design in UM2/Shure E5 in fact are using old CI2955 and ED9689 drivers ?
smily_headphones1.gif

I am really wondering why new design with (I hope) new drivers in Westone 3 takes so long.

Jays in Q-Jays are I think using just new driver TWFK type which is tweeter woofer hybrid = significant step forward.

Westone UM2 (which I personally like because of BEST comfort and ergonomy) sonically isnt so good for 2008 year and general people needs). Maybe years ago not for "universal consumer" was OK, but now when target consumer are using mp3-players...
smily_headphones1.gif

Westone have just GREAT advantage in shell design - I hope You guys will not use ED9689 again
smily_headphones1.gif
because - the potential of shell design You have is just great!.

It is always some things to improve in this also - but You can use it to just beat bigger Shure if You provide sonically equal like SE420/530 product - which I hope for
smily_headphones1.gif
I am wondering how this is possible that design like in SE530 even passed the QA tests
smily_headphones1.gif

Go Westone
biggrin.gif
!!! We are counting on You
smily_headphones1.gif

I personally hate to buy SE530 which is broken every 3 months or bad balanced Triple.fi 10
smily_headphones1.gif
Klipsch or Sleeks are not so matured products yet.

BTW. Why Westone doesnt have good marketing ?
smily_headphones1.gif
Or maybe this is the idea to have marketing like Grado have.

Best Regards,
Waiting for Westone 3
wink.gif

Jun 30, 2008 at 4:57 PM Post #2,239 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by fallow81 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Price is not bad. To be sincere. Almost all IEMs manufactures is using really old depricated drivers. How old is the same design in UM2/Shure E5 in fact are using old CI2955 and ED9689 drivers ?
smily_headphones1.gif

I am really wondering why new design with (I hope) new drivers in Westone 3 takes so long.

Jays in Q-Jays are I think using just new driver TWFK type which is tweeter woofer hybrid = significant step forward.

Westone UM2 (which I personally like because of BEST comfort and ergonomy) sonically isnt so good for 2008 year and general people needs). Maybe years ago not for "universal consumer" was OK, but now when target consumer are using mp3-players...
smily_headphones1.gif

Westone have just GREAT advantage in shell design - I hope You guys will not use ED9689 again
smily_headphones1.gif
because - the potential of shell design You have is just great!.

It is always some things to improve in this also - but You can use it to just beat bigger Shure if You provide sonically equal like SE420/530 product - which I hope for
smily_headphones1.gif
I am wondering how this is possible that design like in SE530 even passed the QA tests
smily_headphones1.gif

Go Westone
biggrin.gif
!!! We are counting on You
smily_headphones1.gif

I personally hate to buy SE530 which is broken every 3 months or bad balanced Triple.fi 10
smily_headphones1.gif
Klipsch or Sleeks are not so matured products yet.

BTW. Why Westone doesnt have good marketing ?
smily_headphones1.gif
Or maybe this is the idea to have marketing like Grado have.

Best Regards,
Waiting for Westone 3
wink.gif

Actually the TWKF is not a tweeter/woofer setup. It's a dual driver design that uses the same housing. The individual armatures inside have the same freq response. They just just provide more punch since there are two sound ports.

The Westone3 is using new driver technology (can't say more than that).
wink.gif

One thing to remember is that the UM2 was designed as an ear monitor, not an earphone for personal listening. It just works well as one. The needs of on-stage musician and consumer are very different. The Westone3 design is based on personal listening with or without a headphone amp.

You will see a significant change in the marketing of Westone, just stay tuned for that.

I'll post info on the Westone3 as it becomes available to me.

Jul 1, 2008 at 2:11 PM Post #2,240 of 2,524
Great. Cant wait
wink.gif

Jul 1, 2008 at 2:20 PM Post #2,241 of 2,524
it seems we are getting more and more close to the real deal
biggrin.gif

Jul 3, 2008 at 4:18 PM Post #2,242 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by western120 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it seems we are getting more and more close to the real deal
biggrin.gif

...after 225 pages and over a year and a half's worth of speculation (and still counting).

Jul 4, 2008 at 6:34 PM Post #2,243 of 2,524
I was one of the first to put a pre-order in. I've patiently waited all this time quite excited about the prospect of hearing what I'm sure will be an extremely satisfying product. During this time I purchased the UM2's and sold my UE SF5-pros. Now during the first week of July 2008 after 18 months or so on the pre order list, I've canceled my order. Instead I'm buying the UE-11's.

No bitterness here. Who knows, I still may buy one someday. Westone lost this particular sale to their endless delays. Good luck to all. Am looking forward to your reviews when the 3's come out.

Leo

Jul 5, 2008 at 4:20 AM Post #2,245 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by ralfale /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do we place the pre-order?

many online shops started taking preorders when they spectaculate the release date but westone keep pushing them back. Now, they stopped taking preorders.

Jul 6, 2008 at 4:40 PM Post #2,246 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkkopi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
many online shops started taking preorders when they spectaculate the release date but westone keep pushing them back. Now, they stopped taking preorders.

I see. I am too waiting eagerly for this. Hope the product is as good as the hype.

Jul 6, 2008 at 5:12 PM Post #2,247 of 2,524
I'm so happy with my westone 2 than i prefer waiting for the Westone 4.

Jul 6, 2008 at 6:09 PM Post #2,248 of 2,524
i was happy with my um2 but i couldnt wait for the westone 3, took the plunge and got the ue11. just sold off my um2 recently

Jul 6, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #2,249 of 2,524
Darkkopi, could you inform us about the main sound differences bw ue11 and UM2 ?
Thank you.
I'm on their site to have some information about it.

I just see the PRICE !

i think there a gape bw ue11 en UM2 .

Jul 7, 2008 at 10:57 AM Post #2,250 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rico67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm so happy with my westone 2 than i prefer waiting for the Westone 4.

Update for Westone 4 release: Third Quarter of 2035.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back