Westone 3 - You asked for it, we listened !
Mar 24, 2008 at 5:20 PM Post #1,996 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by dunk7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This may not be the proper forum for this but I'm almost at the end of my options. Anyone in here pre-order from Marcopolo (either from website marcopolo.ca or his ebay auctions)? I have been emailing him at various addresses and have been unable to get a refund for my pre-order. Anyone else have any luck? PM me please.

*EDIT* Promptly received a response to this...got resolved pretty quickly after I posted this :wink:

Glad to hear that your problem is solved. I too preordered from Marcopolo and he's usually fast to respond to emails. Anyway, I'm keeping my order until they ship out (unless Westone pulls out the 3s on their website...).

Mar 25, 2008 at 2:40 AM Post #1,997 of 2,524
Well, as the person who won the as-yet-nonexistent Westone 3 at the drawing at the San Jose Head-fest last year, I hope they send me my pair before they give any away at Can-Jam. :)

Seriously, should I just give up and ask them to send me the UM2? More than a year down the road, I'm starting to wonder whether a bird in the hand is better... on the other hand, I can't exactly complain, since I'm not out-of-pocket here! Here's hoping that good things do, in fact, come to those who wait, and wait, and wait.

Mar 25, 2008 at 2:10 PM Post #1,998 of 2,524
I'm in the same boat as you, flohmann, except I'll have to wait a little longer - my prize was for a pair of Custom 3's ! Anybobdy's guess how long I'll have to wait on those gems
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 25, 2008 at 5:35 PM Post #1,999 of 2,524
All I can say is that when you call Westone, then all they will say is they are close, but can't announce a date yet, and they don't need any beta testers with cash.
redface.gif

Mar 26, 2008 at 8:37 PM Post #2,000 of 2,524
Am I the only one who thinks some straight-talk from Westone is seriously overdue? As customers in-the-cue, we haven't learned anything in the last 10 months beyond we were told right after the original recall last May. That's almost a year ago folks, and we're still not past generalities about retooling or packaging issues.

Westone, you don't have to allude to possible delivery dates, but how about opening up the communication channel and giving us more details about what is going on. The level of silence on your end is difficult to interpret. It doesn't come across like you're preparing to launch a product and maintaining customer confidence. It comes across like you've got something to hide, and like we've been hung out to dry.

Mar 27, 2008 at 11:39 AM Post #2,002 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am I the only one who thinks some straight-talk from Westone is seriously overdue? As customers in-the-cue, we haven't learned anything in the last 10 months beyond we were told right after the original recall last May. That's almost a year ago folks, and we're still not past generalities about retooling or packaging issues.

Westone, you don't have to allude to possible delivery dates, but how about opening up the communication channel and giving us more details about what is going on. The level of silence on your end is difficult to interpret. It doesn't come across like you're preparing to launch a product and maintaining customer confidence. It comes across like you've got something to hide, and like we've been hung out to dry.

Very well said...I completely agree.

Mar 27, 2008 at 12:04 PM Post #2,003 of 2,524
Quote:

Yes it is perplexing to say the least. One would come to the conclusion that Westone is having a serious problem with this model and themselves have no idea when their likely to be fixed.

Mar 28, 2008 at 1:04 AM Post #2,004 of 2,524
Quote:

Right on Dex. This was said oh-so-eloquently. It's like somebody died but there wasn't a funeral.

Mar 28, 2008 at 1:16 AM Post #2,005 of 2,524
Yeah, we're still waiting on the W3. I would've bought something else a long time ago, but my funds say you still have some hope.

Mar 28, 2008 at 10:12 AM Post #2,006 of 2,524
I have observed this a Stock market watcher,
1, Westone, Do not have a Supply problem of current stocks.
2, they have not aggressively push for more market against Market share erosion by new agggressive companies.
3, they have Valuable Patents in the IEM sector, that other Cash Up company would love to Purchase. or have a share in.

As a Corporation, this kind of behaviour usually signals a possible Merger / Buy-out that is in progress but stalled. Yet not dead.

New owners like cash flow from products launches in the first few months. and products like W3 is very Upper end of the market, in terms of quality & prestige. Unless some totally independent company manage to Beat Westone to the Market while not infringing Westones' Patents......Must be very difficult to circumvent. Possibly the other way around as well i.e.,Westone have infringed other Companies patent. they are in Negotiations / Stalling tactics and so on.

Westone, to have publicity of a Product and not make it available. is giving the New Product's Market share to the opposition. with clever marketing tricks like Triple drivers, in two ways IEMs.
I hope I have not upset anyone.

Mar 28, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #2,007 of 2,524
As someone shopping for my first set of premium IEMs, I will say that this thread has convinced me to wait on a purchase of a pair of UM2's. That may not be totally logical but when a company cannot release a much-advertised product more than one year after the official date, it tells me that something's wrong. What it is, I don't know, but something's wrong.

Westone is losing (at least my) business by not addressing the issue.

Mar 29, 2008 at 12:17 AM Post #2,008 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by mset /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As someone shopping for my first set of premium IEMs, I will say that this thread has convinced me to wait on a purchase of a pair of UM2's. That may not be totally logical but when a company cannot release a much-advertised product more than one year after the official date, it tells me that something's wrong. What it is, I don't know, but something's wrong.

Westone is losing (at least my) business by not addressing the issue.

I know it's frustrating for everyone. Imagine that we have half a ton of orders (the other half was canceled) since January of 2007. It's not good for the customer, it's not good for Westone and definitely not good for Earphone Solutions.

Having said that, the UM2 is not a lesser product. It still is one of my favorites along with the SE530. Let's just hope this wait will end sooner than later. I for one, simply hate pending things and right now we have too much on our system.

P.S. I understand Dex a 100%!

Mar 29, 2008 at 12:18 PM Post #2,009 of 2,524
This really hurts Westone's reputation, imo.
I know for a fact that I have totally lost confidence in them, and will stay clear of all their products in the future.

Oh well!

Mar 29, 2008 at 8:00 PM Post #2,010 of 2,524
I lost so much faith in Westone, even the UM2 lost appeal to me. I bought Atrio m5's, and am very happy! Thanks Westone for dropping the ball, and saving me money at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back