Westone 3 - You asked for it, we listened !
Dec 19, 2007 at 10:12 PM Post #1,787 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by avx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those who cares for another estimated release date...
Casque

Or, translaged with google,

Translated version of http://www.generationmp3.com/casque/

Oh, and thanks for the link, Flavio... your page helped me in choosing the UM2 as my last set of IEMs!

Wow, interesting, it seems they have some sort of inside source. At least we should be able to find out at NAMM!

Dec 20, 2007 at 7:32 PM Post #1,788 of 2,524
If it's true, and the French aren't just f'ing with us, but rather conspiring with the Koreans in our favor, then for those who thought they'd read it on Head-fi first...

That website states the official release date of the Westone 3 will be in the first week of February and Westone will officially announce it at NAMM (which starts January 17 in Anaheim, CA).

Dec 20, 2007 at 8:38 PM Post #1,789 of 2,524
Good news, not too far away
smily_headphones1.gif
. Our patience will be rewarded I'm sure.
Now.. about those 3 customs...

Dec 21, 2007 at 1:26 AM Post #1,790 of 2,524
One would think if the 3 Custom is based on the 3 universal, it would be out shortly now that the kinks are (rumored to be) worked out. Anyone know how soon after the UM2 that the ES2 came out? Wasn't it a full year?

Dec 21, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #1,791 of 2,524
The statement in the French blog is not true. Here is an official statement I was
just given a little while ago::

We appreciate your patience and support as we continue to work toward the release of the new Westone 3. Throughout this process, it has been our intention to provide a high-end earphone that offers the ultimate quality in sound and fit. This commitment to best possible product has resulted in several delays for the release of the 3. The Westone 3 will not be available by year end 2007. Please be assured that we are dedicating every available resource as we close in on successful completion of our rigorous qualification process.

The 3 will be released as early as possible in 2008. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and remain confident that the 3 will have a dramatic impact on the personal listening market. The final product will be worth the wait.

Thank you for your continued patience

Dec 22, 2007 at 6:10 AM Post #1,792 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The statement in the French blog is not true.

Alright... so the French were f'ing with us. Curses!

Dec 22, 2007 at 6:29 AM Post #1,793 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoiseGUI /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alright... so the French were f'ing with us. Curses!

Another blow to Franco-American relations!
tongue.gif

Thanks for the update Powderhound! Much appreciated and looking forward to checking out the 3s!

V/r,
Scott

Dec 22, 2007 at 6:36 AM Post #1,794 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blutarsky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another blow to Franco-American relations!
tongue.gif

Thanks for the update Powderhound! Much appreciated and looking forward to checking out the 3s!

V/r,
Scott

If you aren't careful, your sig is gonna look like mine soon...
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 22, 2007 at 6:12 PM Post #1,795 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The statement in the French blog is not true. Here is an official statement I was
just given a little while ago::

We appreciate your patience and support as we continue to work toward the release of the new Westone 3. Throughout this process, it has been our intention to provide a high-end earphone that offers the ultimate quality in sound and fit. This commitment to best possible product has resulted in several delays for the release of the 3. The Westone 3 will not be available by year end 2007. Please be assured that we are dedicating every available resource as we close in on successful completion of our rigorous qualification process.

The 3 will be released as early as possible in 2008. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and remain confident that the 3 will have a dramatic impact on the personal listening market. The final product will be worth the wait.

Thank you for your continued patience

Thanks for informing us, although it ain't good news.

Dec 22, 2007 at 6:37 PM Post #1,796 of 2,524
Yes, thanks for keeping us in the loop as much as possible p0wderh0und.

Dec 23, 2007 at 11:10 PM Post #1,797 of 2,524
I just got my wenstone 2's and i could not be more happier..

Wanted these about a year ago.
but diddnt have the funds, then there was news about the westone3's and i jizzed but i couldnt wait any longer.
Blah.. well happy.

Dec 25, 2007 at 4:55 AM Post #1,799 of 2,524
Not saying that they won't, but I certainly hope these live up to the hype/wait these things are generating.

I'm definitly anxious on them. Although I'm not on a waiting list, my joy I've received from UM2's makes me anxious to hear what these sound like...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back