Westone 3 - You asked for it, we listened !
Dec 4, 2007 at 8:59 PM Post #1,741 of 2,524
Quote:

From earphonesolutions.com :
Accepting Pre-Orders Now -- Estimated first shipment date has been updated for first quarter of 2008 -- Your credit card will be charged on the day we ship them (except for PayPal payments which we have no control and payment takes place at check out). You may cancel at anytime before we ship them.
Westone’s new 3 – The first true three-way earphone made for music lovers

That would seem to qualify as update to me, considering it's Flavio's site. As for pulling it together, I just find it disappointing to find out this information from an outside source. The point of this thread was to provide us with information, not exclude us. It is an MOT sponsored thread, or at least it was.

Dec 4, 2007 at 9:39 PM Post #1,742 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As for pulling it together, I just find it disappointing to find out this information from an outside source. The point of this thread was to provide us with information, not exclude us.

I agree 100%. My $ is going elsewhere now.

Dec 4, 2007 at 10:06 PM Post #1,743 of 2,524
Totally unfortunate. I truly believed that Westone was different than Xin and Larocco, but the wait time, even with the sporadic updates is ridiculous. Why do some manufacturers continue to bait us with "future" products but don't deliver in a timely fashion. Obviously, I understand their need to get us excited about the products, but don't abuse that privilege. As with this situation, customers are frustrated and are starting to bail. I was truly hoping to compare these against my E500s.....then again, maybe not.

Dec 5, 2007 at 12:28 AM Post #1,744 of 2,524
American Techpushers says...

"They are expected to start shipping the first week in March. We are now excepting pre-orders for these highly anticipated earphones."

they call it UM3 unfortunately, but they also say it comes with the pelican hard case.... I though it just came with a soft case. Maybe something special to them... I'm staying in line with Earphone Solutions.

Sure would be nice to get an official announcement...

Dec 5, 2007 at 12:48 AM Post #1,745 of 2,524
I'd like to note that p-h0unds sig has been updated to a "3 custom Alpha"

Dec 5, 2007 at 12:55 AM Post #1,746 of 2,524
I understand that announcement of deferral of products is a good marketing strategy which holds buyers' desire in buying other products/alternatives...but it seems that a year deferral is too ridiculous...

Dec 7, 2007 at 5:12 AM Post #1,748 of 2,524
From my experience, it's not like the SE530, but more like the Livewires or Super.fi 5 pro with some refinement - haven't heard a Triple.fi and wont till this weekend.

I stopped waiting for the Westone 3 and bought some used Triple.fi 10 pro in the meantime. Dying to know what they sound like, after reading about them all this time. The Westone 3 were the only thing stopping me. Seriously, we're approaching a year since the announcement, and the date has been pushed back and back - from May, to Fall, to 3rd qtr, to Winter, and now to 1st qtr or Spring?

Dec 7, 2007 at 7:41 AM Post #1,749 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoiseGUI /img/forum/go_quote.gif
American Techpushers says...

"They are expected to start shipping the first week in March.

Ya, I'll take that to the bank! By the time westone brings this product to market, Shure will have it's four speaker iem in pre-production.

Incompetent or dishonest, does anyone from westone want to admit what their strategy actually is?
confused.gif

Dec 7, 2007 at 3:46 PM Post #1,751 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by raisin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ya, I'll take that to the bank! By the time westone brings this product to market, Shure will have it's four speaker iem in pre-production.

Incompetent or dishonest, does anyone from westone want to admit what their strategy actually is?
confused.gif

"Incompetent or dishonest?"

Knowing the company and the people behind Westone I can assure you neither. Westone is a company that prides itself in the products they put out and the service they provide and again, I can guarantee you they receive extremely high remarks on both.

My personal take on what took place with the Westone 3 is that at the final phases of testing something was not up to their higher standards and they took the brave and harder route of halting the launch.

Their, perhaps perceived, "lack of communication" can be simply explained by the fact that they will not give any updates or provide any other tentative dates without knowing a 100% that on that date they will have plenty enough units to ship to all their dealers that have pre-orders tested and QC'd so that they won't make the same mistake twice. Perfectly understandable.

I wish all Head-fiers had a chance to meet or speak with Doug and Dale or anyone else that works at Westone. These are extremely nice people that care deeply about what they do and are very proud of their products and they have all the reasons to be. These are all American made earphones in Colorado. They deserve all respect one can give them.

I certainly understand all the frustration from our customers as we too are frustrated but one needs to understand they are doing all they can to get the Westone 3 delivered up to their standards and up to Head-fiers expectations which are a well informed group that learned what is and is not good (aside from a couple of newcomers that still praise Pose speakers
tongue.gif
-- but they soon find out from everyone else in the community about other much better options).

We, as a dealer with active pre-orders, feel that we need to provide the best idea of what could be the launch date. We don't have hard information from Westone either but because we are taking pre-orders we need to provide our best guess. Westone on the other hand has understandably chosen to give that information once it's set on stone so to prevent the previous situation.

We apologize to all our customers that are patiently waiting for the 3 and appreciate their confidence and willingness to continue to do business with Earphone Solutions.

We would also like to remind all customers with pre-orders that they may easily cancel their pre-order at anytime by sending us an email:

Contact Us

Dec 7, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #1,752 of 2,524
********?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flavio T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Incompetent or dishonest?"

Knowing the company and the people behind Westone I can assure you neither.
Westone is a company that prides itself in the products they put out and the service they provide and again, I can guarantee you they receive extremely high remarks on both.
Fair enough, but this is only one half of a company's responsabilities. What about saying incompetent on the communication and plannification aspects?
My personal take on what took place with the Westone 3 is that at the final phases of testing something was not up to their higher standards and they took the brave and harder route of halting the launch.
Remember we've been told about westone 3 nearly one year ago? For when has it been annouced: february, then march, then june, then early summer, then early Q4 and now Q1 2008? This is not only about final testing issues. This is either about lying top the market, either restarting everything from scratch without telling the market.
Their, perhaps perceived, "lack of communication" can be simply explained by the fact that they will not give any updates or provide any other tentative dates without knowing a 100% that on that date they will have plenty enough units to ship to all their dealers that have pre-orders tested and QC'd so that they won't make the same mistake twice. Perfectly understandable.
Sorry, not understandable at all. They first told us we would get them in february. Either you take the decision to inform and you do it fully, on a regular basis, either you decide not to say anything. How can you call this "perhaps perceived lack of communication"? Perhaps? Did you read this thread? And who ever faced a 7 month production issues?
I wish all Head-fiers had a chance to meet or speak with Doug and Dale or anyone else that works at Westone.
Yes, maybe we could get someone at least informing us...
These are extremely nice people that care deeply about what they do and are very proud of their products and they have all the reasons to be. These are all American made earphones in Colorado. They deserve all respect one can give them.
So far very proud of virtual 3, aren't they? Ths does not say much in favor of American made earphones

Dec 7, 2007 at 11:45 PM Post #1,755 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by nnay07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
********?

No... I can personally vouch for the excellent customer service I have received from Westone in the past. They have one of the best customer services I have seen from a company.

Westone do make quality products. Have you heard people complaining about quality problems with their Westone products? No. Then have you heard people complaining about their Shure or Ultimate Ears? Yes, and plenty of them in this forum. This alone is already enough to show how much they care about the quality of their products.

I personally do not care when Westone3s are going to come out, as long as they can beat the competition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back