Westone 3 - You asked for it, we listened !
Dec 4, 2007 at 4:17 AM Post #1,726 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by ioXt_2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like we might not get the 3s before the end of 2007...

"Estimated first shipment date has been updated for first quarter of 2008" on:
Westone 3 NEW 3-Way Driver Earphones

OMG, this year is now over
frown.gif

Dec 4, 2007 at 5:14 AM Post #1,727 of 2,524
So it looks like March 31, 2k8. Bummer!

Dec 4, 2007 at 6:41 AM Post #1,728 of 2,524
Oh no, p0wderH0und, is this true?

Dec 4, 2007 at 6:48 AM Post #1,729 of 2,524
LOL- at least the packaging's all ready to go:

A shame we have to find out from the Westone website. It's nice being in the loop.

Dec 4, 2007 at 7:36 AM Post #1,730 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL- at least the packaging's all ready to go:

A shame we have to find out from the Westone website. It's nice being in the loop.

Yep, Westone will definately NOT get my money anymore, I will wait for the Custom-3 Klipsch IEMs now.

It's a shame but they lost their magic and I got fed up of all these delays.

Dec 4, 2007 at 7:42 AM Post #1,731 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by OracleGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh no, p0wderH0und, is this true?

The last day of the 1st quarter is March 31. And with the way the delays on this product have gone, it will be the last day.

I'm sure they've lost alot of potential buyers over this.

Dec 4, 2007 at 9:21 AM Post #1,733 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by sHaRkKaE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hope they justify their delays. I'm sure when they release it, those who might have bailed out, will want to get one.

Probably true. I love my UM2's, and will probably end up getting the 3's, but needless to say, Im VERY disappointed in the ridiculous amount of delays from Westone here. With the amount of stalling they've done they could have come up with an entirely new 'phone from the ground up. If something similar had come out in the meantime (by UE, Shure, etc) I would have jumped ship in a heartbeat, but since there are no other universals out right now with 3 drivers and a 3-way crossover, I will buy the Westone 3 by default. However if they do not release them in the first quarter of '08, I will have saved enough for the UE11 and will not buy the 3.

Dec 4, 2007 at 9:51 AM Post #1,734 of 2,524
Im also UM2 user. I was hoping that Westone 3 will be released before xmass. If the release will be in end of the march, so in this case Im thinking of:

*) Buying just SE530
*) Order UE-11 Pro or Westone ES2
*) or ...order ACS T2 which is probably the _best_ option.

Dec 4, 2007 at 4:43 PM Post #1,735 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by ioXt_2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like we might not get the 3s before the end of 2007...

"Estimated first shipment date has been updated for first quarter of 2008" on:
Westone 3 NEW 3-Way Driver Earphones

Well, I guess that frees up cashola for the Predator.... I mean... uh...

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! Flavio T, p0wderh0und, say it aint so!

I'm gonna take the optimistic side here.... Holding to December 24 for the Westone ready date.... given time to get to distributors, earphone solutions will be shipping my Westone 3 January 1st.
biggrin.gif
Of course, anyone who orders at this point, will be in the 2nd or 3rd shipment which won't go out till March 31.....
tongue.gif
and that's the only reason their order page say 1st quarter....
wink.gif

Dec 4, 2007 at 6:38 PM Post #1,737 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoiseGUI /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I guess that frees up cashola for the Predator.... I mean... uh...

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! Flavio T, p0wderh0und, say it aint so!

I'm gonna take the optimistic side here.... Holding to December 24 for the Westone ready date.... given time to get to distributors, earphone solutions will be shipping my Westone 3 January 1st.
biggrin.gif
Of course, anyone who orders at this point, will be in the 2nd or 3rd shipment which won't go out till March 31.....
tongue.gif
and that's the only reason their order page say 1st quarter....
wink.gif

Where did you hear December 24?

confused.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sieg9198 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sure hope they can come out before February. Or else I cant have enough time to enjoy it. hehe :p

Are you planning on leaving the living soon?
eek.gif

Dec 4, 2007 at 7:59 PM Post #1,739 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by outlandos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where did you hear December 24?
confused.gif

Wise man figured it out in the way way long ago...
wink.gif

Dec 4, 2007 at 8:14 PM Post #1,740 of 2,524
Come on people! Pull it together! It'll be ready when it's ready. I don't want the Westone 3 until it's finished. Westone is certainly giving their compeditors time to catch up, but releasing something with a known issue would affect everyone's view on future products. Westone is a quality leader here, and it's just unfortunate they haven't figured out whatever issue is delaying the product.

edit: and at the same time..... didn't p0wderh0und state they wouldn't update the release date until they had something firm in hand? Maybe we'll be getting an update anytime now? Flavio? p-h0und?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back