Westone 3 - You asked for it, we listened !
May 21, 2007 at 7:36 PM Post #1,006 of 2,524
Quote:

If you want to vent, please do it to me in a PM, not a posting.

Powderhound this is the place to vent and it was a observation of the situation and the lack of communication on Westones part. Maybe Westone needs a "Spin Dr". Would PMing you fix the situation....I think not. It might keep the lid on the situation. This is exactly what blogs are for. I have prepaid for my setup and I feel like Westone has built us up for the release only to make another delay but this time a major one. I understand delays, but be up front.
"Under promise and over deliver!" "Life is but a bowl of cherry pits and watermelon seeds"

May 21, 2007 at 7:53 PM Post #1,007 of 2,524
Newbie here - I agree with most of what has been said so far, but was just thinking what a mixed bag it must be for folks like Westone trying to bring the "latest and greatest" to market. Look at MS and Sony - after a ton of hpye they finally release xbox 360's and PS3's in "limited supplies" and a whole bunch of peeps complain that they didn't build enough. The first batch of the 360's (I have one) had so many problems that they ended up giving that group a free extended warranty (after the fact, btw). On the other hand, if they wait until they get all the bugs completely worked out, it seems people complain about the delays and either lose interest altogether or go with brand X, etc.

Also, I think that the forum members are probably a unique bunch as we have access to the manufacturer - the average person does not. However, this is probably the most dedicated / loyal group of potential purchasers in any one forum, so its really unfortunate for everyone that the delays have continued. In the end I think we all make the final decision with our wallets - by either continuing to wait or just buying an alternate hp that is for sure available. Personally, I'm not sure that I am going to wait for them - no matter how good they may be. But perhaps many others will wait.

Bob

May 21, 2007 at 7:58 PM Post #1,008 of 2,524
Quote:

Newbie here - I agree with most of what has been said so far, but was just thinking what a mixed bag it must be for folks like Westone trying to bring the "latest and greatest" to market. Look at MS and Sony - after a ton of hpye they finally release xbox 360's and PS3's in "limited supplies" and a whole bunch of peeps complain that they didn't build enough. The first batch of the 360's (I have one) had so many problems that they ended up giving that group a free extended warranty (after the fact, btw). On the other hand, if they wait until they get all the bugs completely worked out, it seems people complain about the delays and either lose interest altogether or go with brand X, etc.

Also, I think that the forum members are probably a unique bunch as we have access to the manufacturer - the average person does not. However, this is probably the most dedicated / loyal group of potential purchasers in any one forum, so its really unfortunate for everyone that the delays have continued. In the end I think we all make the final decision with our wallets - by either continuing to wait or just buying an alternate hp that is for sure available. Personally, I'm not sure that I am going to wait for them - no matter how good they may be. But perhaps many others will wait.

I would have to agree that it is a mixed bag. But in the instance of Ms and Sony everyone new ahead of time that there would be limited production hence the $4000.00+ initial price auction prices.
Granted if the 3's will blowout your eardrums because of a defect.....by all means fix it first!
wink.gif

May 21, 2007 at 8:11 PM Post #1,009 of 2,524
Yea - that's a great point - but I was just thinking about all of the folks that had preordered those consoles way ahead of time with the notion that they would actually get one on release day. It wasn't actually until the release day came that the stores then said "Oh, and by the way, we only got 2 machines in, so the other 100 or so of you that have been waiting for months will just have to wait ...". I think its the whole early adopter issue (and I tend to be one ...). You end up waiting more, getting frustrated more, and usually spending more than those who are more patient - but you get a huge rush out of having something that works better than everything that came before it (not always the case - but that is the dream that keeps us going ... ) and case in point - the whole desire to get these blasted W3's.

Bob

May 21, 2007 at 8:34 PM Post #1,010 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey everyone this is something that really caught us off guard. Believe me we feel bad about it. We want you to get the new product as bad as you want them.
I will be in close contact with our dealers over the next few weeks until this gets hammered out.
One thing to remember is that as a manufacturer we depends on suppliers to provide us with goods in a timely matter. Things can happen outside of our control and we do our best to catch them in time.
All we ask for is your patience and understanding in this matter.
If you want to vent, please do it to me in a PM, not a posting.

Thank-you.

No offense, but I have heard this same reason in other places for other product releases. Has anyone considered ordering this support material ahead of time so that when the actual product arrives all materials are ready to go out the door?

May 22, 2007 at 1:37 AM Post #1,012 of 2,524
I guess I just don't see this as that big a deal. Sure, we've pre-ordered. Everybody wants their goods...You want your Westone 3's just like me, the dealers are twitching and itching to run those credit cards through, and Westone is waiting to meet the pent up demand its marketing folks have been building on to have an impact on its sales numbers. We all have the same goal.

Maybe it's packaging maybe it's not...but for me, if the phones sound good and don't fall apart when I get them, now or in 2 or 3 months, all is forgiven.

May 22, 2007 at 1:40 AM Post #1,013 of 2,524
I am disappointed yes! But being here for awile eventually makes you slightly immune to such things. I'm sure nobody wants them if they are not ready so we all wait till the problems have been solved and Im sure they will be worth the wait!

I have learned to love the RSA signature sound as most know and the review he gave makes them an automatic purchase now or in the future.

Just my 2 cents!

May 22, 2007 at 2:04 AM Post #1,014 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by AngusMcToon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess I just don't see this as that big a deal. Sure, we've pre-ordered. Everybody wants their goods...You want your Westone 3's just like me, the dealers are twitching and itching to run those credit cards through, and Westone is waiting to meet the pent up demand its marketing folks have been building on to have an impact on its sales numbers. We all have the same goal.

Maybe it's packaging maybe it's not...but for me, if the phones sound good and don't fall apart when I get them, now or in 2 or 3 months, all is forgiven.

x2. Really, there's nothing to forgive. I'm sure that if Westone could have sent them out when they originally planned, they would have. I'll be happy when they arrive. In the meantime, my wallet gets some unexpected R & R.

May 22, 2007 at 1:41 PM Post #1,015 of 2,524
I took the earphone solutions offer and decided to get a UM2 instead...:)

I can always sell it and get the 3's later.

May 22, 2007 at 2:26 PM Post #1,016 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by ath /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I took the earphone solutions offer and decided to get a UM2 instead...:)

I can always sell it and get the 3's later.

what i thought is i really need the custom so that i cannot sell it anymore
etysmile.gif

May 23, 2007 at 4:10 PM Post #1,019 of 2,524
Quote:

Better yet, why did you get your avatar? You might consider changing your name to GreenWhale

Naaaa I thought it appropriate since Shrek 3 came out but the higher ups thought the opposite....
Quote:

RedWhale,

Your avatar was deleted, for obvious reason.

--Jude--

blink.gif
O well! lol

P.S. No Green Whales!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back