Westone 3 - You asked for it, we listened !
May 11, 2007 at 10:03 PM Post #904 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by yellafella321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what does the case that these are supposed to come with look like? Is it the standard pelican case that customs come in?

Yes its the same case

Keith

May 11, 2007 at 10:14 PM Post #905 of 2,524
This is Westone's thread, guys. If you have questions about any specific dealer, either (a) contact the dealer directly, or (b) see if the dealer has his own MOTSTF (Member of the Trade Sponsored Thread Forum) thread.

I have moved several posts to a more appropriate MOTSTF thread.

May 12, 2007 at 6:54 PM Post #909 of 2,524
Keith, when will the Custom Westone 3 expected to be out? Will there be any kind of price break?
icon10.gif

May 12, 2007 at 9:22 PM Post #910 of 2,524
looking forward for more reviews..........

May 14, 2007 at 8:30 AM Post #911 of 2,524
If I heard sibilance on the UM2 would I hear them also on the "3"?

May 14, 2007 at 1:15 PM Post #912 of 2,524
Not sure whether I can mention resellers in here, but one company's rep called Roy says that the UK will have the first W3s available in a couple of weeks - at the end of May.

Hopefully I will be able to put deposits on a triple fi, W3 and etyer4 and do a comparison against my UM2 in proper listening quarters and in the field.

May 14, 2007 at 2:44 PM Post #914 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by `Black /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think that all tips for Shure E4/E500 etc. and UM2 will fit the 3.

Hi. In this post, Keith states that the Westone 3 uses its own different tips.

Can powderhound clarify this please? I still want to know if the um56 will fit. Would also be good to know if comply's will fit, or new types of tips are required.

May 14, 2007 at 2:52 PM Post #915 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FYI - They're being released a week from today.

Interesting because usually the UK gets stuff released after the official US date.

I'm also interested if the tip will be compatible - tbh losing the shure/UM2/ety compatability convenience will be terrible IMHO!!!
Unless there is a readily available supply of good W3 tips for reasonable prices I don't think westone would do such a silly thing.
I like having a choice of bi/tri flanges, clear flex, soft flex, complys and shure foamies and normal foams. They change the sound so dramatically - complys giving a more sennheiser cave sound to the flanges giving the complete opposite effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back