Westone 3 - You asked for it, we listened !
May 7, 2007 at 10:25 PM Post #886 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by chowk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
American Techpushers are including a Minibox-D amp with Westone3 pre-orders, while stocks last. See here:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=239212

Hope I'm not stealing your thunder, Keith
icon10.gif

I pre-ordered my Westone 3s from earphonesolutions... I wonder if they'll see American Techpusher's offer, and up the ante? (hint hint)
wink.gif

May 7, 2007 at 10:39 PM Post #888 of 2,524
Quote:

American Techpushers are including a Minibox-D amp with Westone3 pre-orders, while stocks last. See here:

icon10.gif

WOOT! I was just thinkin about gettin a minibox-D

May 7, 2007 at 10:43 PM Post #889 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by chris_ah1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The reviews of W3 though are interesting because nobody has paid for them yet! except for pre-orders.

A few of us lucky folks have had the pleasure of hearing pre-release versions. Ah, what a pleasure.

May 8, 2007 at 4:57 AM Post #890 of 2,524
Quote:

icon10.gif

What an incredibly tempting, unbelievably sexy offer. I wish to make sweet love to it. Ah, but I cannot, for I am not a headphone jack, and my heart belongs to another (or at least my store credit).

How can earphone solutions compete with this? Maybe they should advertise giving away free tomahawks. That ought to fill their pre-order cue. Nobody has to know these will just be beveled rocks tied to sticks.

May 9, 2007 at 12:12 PM Post #893 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by brother003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi everybody.
I am wondering if the 3 will come with one year or two years of warranty.
I will be disappointed if the earphone at this price is only with one year warranty.

That's what I'm wondering about.
I hope two year warranty is available in this new line.
Don't give any excuse that they're made in USA.

May 9, 2007 at 2:45 PM Post #895 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by brother003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi everybody.
I am wondering if the 3 will come with one year or two years of warranty.
I will be disappointed if the earphone at this price is only with one year warranty.

2 year

May 10, 2007 at 3:02 AM Post #897 of 2,524
I have found this thread to be most entertaining, especially the W3, E500 and UE comparison banter. Is it already common knowledge that they were spawn from the same mother, triplets with different fathers?

"Westone is one of the world's largest manufacturers of custom fit earpieces. The Company's earpieces are used for hearing healthcare, recreation, industrial and military applications. Westone's core business is custom earpieces for hearing healthcare (i.e., used in conjunction with hearing aids), but it has significant market presence in the professional musician and audiophile market. Westone originally designed and manufactured the E1 and E5 for Shure, another maker of high-end audio equipment. Westone also co-developed and manufactured the early Ultimate Ears brand in-ear monitors."
-wikipedia-

May 10, 2007 at 3:10 AM Post #898 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronin74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have found this thread to be most entertaining, especially the W3, E500 and UE comparison banter. Is it already common knowledge that they were spawn from the same mother, triplets with different fathers?

"Westone is one of the world's largest manufacturers of custom fit earpieces. The Company's earpieces are used for hearing healthcare, recreation, industrial and military applications. Westone's core business is custom earpieces for hearing healthcare (i.e., used in conjunction with hearing aids), but it has significant market presence in the professional musician and audiophile market. Westone originally designed and manufactured the E1 and E5 for Shure, another maker of high-end audio equipment. Westone also co-developed and manufactured the early Ultimate Ears brand in-ear monitors."
-wikipedia-

Yeah, it's common knowledge if you've been around here for awhile. Kind of like ancient history, just more recent.

May 10, 2007 at 4:06 AM Post #899 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, it's common knowledge if you've been around here for awhile. Kind of like ancient history, just more recent.

Thanks for the history lesson, it definitely puts things in their proper perspective.

BTW, do you know if the Ws are made domestically or in China?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back