Westone 3 - You asked for it, we listened !
Apr 14, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #751 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I WILL have the pre-prodcution Westone 3 with me at Headfest...HAPPY WEEKEND !!!!

Alright head-festus celebrants...your mission is to hear the W3, and bring back the data in comparison to E500, ER4x, super-fi 5/10, etc.

Those of us east coasters who'll be sitting green with envy at home need the detailed impressions...

McT

Apr 14, 2007 at 4:21 AM Post #752 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by AngusMcToon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alright head-festus celebrants...your mission is to hear the W3, and bring back the data in comparison to E500, ER4x, super-fi 5/10, etc.

Those of us east coasters who'll be sitting green with envy at home need the detailed impressions...

McT

Angus is right. Bring your i-Pod and let up know what these guys sound like compared to your current gear.

Apr 15, 2007 at 8:27 PM Post #756 of 2,524
What if they sound like crap..?

(
biggrin.gif
just kiddin')

From iLounge they say this:

"iLounge has spent time with a prototype version of Westone 3, and found the design to be sleek and comfortable, with a very pronounced emphasis on low-end sound. Like Westone’s earlier headphones, 3 aims to color your music rather than present it neutrally, and delivers fuller-bodied, warmer renditions of audio than comparable triple-driver designs, a choice which some users will like, others not."

What is that? I mean it doesn't really fit with the picture I get when I read the impressions in this thread? Maybe if they were talking about the UM2's -but it seems a little exaggerated? Or? = "very pronounced emphasis on low-end sound" and "3 aims to color your music rather than present it neutrally". Is the reviewer here on some kind of acid or is there a truth hidden somewhere in this?

Apr 15, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #757 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by niknik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What if they sound like crap..?

Then I'll sell them to someone who likes the V-moda Vibes.
etysmile.gif

Apr 15, 2007 at 8:39 PM Post #758 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by niknik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From iLounge they say this:

"..3 aims to color your music rather than present it neutrally, and delivers fuller-bodied, warmer renditions of audio than comparable triple-driver designs, a choice which some users will like, others not."...

Powderhound said that they were nuetral and they wanted your source/amp to do the coloring and iLounge said the oposite.
confused.gif
So who's right?

Apr 15, 2007 at 11:36 PM Post #759 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by apnk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Powderhound said that they were nuetral and they wanted your source/amp to do the coloring and iLounge said the oposite.
confused.gif
So who's right?

They are the ONLY ones I've heard say that about the 3. They also got a VERY early prototype back on Dec 06. Just wait till HeadFest......

Apr 15, 2007 at 11:41 PM Post #760 of 2,524
Will they be available at Variphone in Europe at the same time they come out in the US? I'm really looking forward getting that IE's and it would be nice to get some response.
smily_headphones1.gif

And are there some new news about the Customs?
biggrin.gif
(Otherwise I have to steal yours - ahhh damn they are custom
600smile.gif
)

Regards from Germany, Denis

Apr 16, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #761 of 2,524
Like Powderhound has said at least twice in this thread, it all comes down to what you like. Many people with solid state amps think tubes color the sound. I think good tube amps sound more real than most sand amps. They even make the cable TV feed sound good.

The iLounge guy is big on E500's. I owned E500's before my UM2's and I much prefer the UM2's. I took the review as a big plus.

So are there any more reviews on the 3 I can read?

Apr 16, 2007 at 8:21 AM Post #762 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by sound_now /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will they be available at Variphone in Europe at the same time they come out in the US? I'm really looking forward getting that IE's and it would be nice to get some response.
smily_headphones1.gif

And are there some new news about the Customs?
biggrin.gif
(Otherwise I have to steal yours - ahhh damn they are custom
600smile.gif
)

Regards from Germany, Denis

Good question! And: Will it be possible to audition there? My earcanals are a bit small and some IEM fit, others don't. Also greetings from Holland, Tim.

Apr 16, 2007 at 8:43 AM Post #763 of 2,524
Yeah that's the point. I can't buy Non Custom IE's at 399$ without having an idea about the fitting in my ears. So it would be nice to have the possibility to test them. At the US shops I have either no return or return with a lot of extra cost on my side.

Regards, Denis

Apr 16, 2007 at 8:46 AM Post #764 of 2,524
I'd love to be able to listen to them by the end of this month.. variphone wasn't really helpful, but they refered me to specialmusic.de, their german representation.. still waiting to hear from them, but i'll post here when i get the reply.

These earphones are kind of my last hope, as i would not know which to buy instead.. had the sennheiser cx300, the super.fi 5 Pro, the e500 pth and even though i liked them all, for the price i paid (the e500 were the most disappointing though), I thought about getting the UM2.. maybe if the Westone 3 doesn't suit me
frown.gif

greetings from Germany, too =)

Jendrik

Apr 16, 2007 at 9:58 AM Post #765 of 2,524
Ah thank you for your response. It's nice to here someone from germany. I'm still between getting the Westone 3 and some custome plugs from ohrundmore.de . But it would be nice to have a testing possibility with the help of specialmusic.de .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back