Westone 3 - You asked for it, we listened !
Sep 27, 2007 at 4:45 PM Post #1,471 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Over the past few months we've been looking at figuring out how to handle certain types of communication and I was handed back the forum communities, so I will be around more from this point on.

So what does that mean? it means we feel very confident that the release is close. I had a "pre-production" set over the weekend and we tested and tested it and things were good !

Any reasonable estimates when we can get these in our hands? Is it going to be another month or so? (November? December? Somewhere in between?)

We all appreciate the update, but I think what we all want is an ETA! And since it seems testing is going well, I would hope it's an accurate ETA this time...

Sep 27, 2007 at 6:44 PM Post #1,473 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any reasonable estimates when we can get these in our hands? Is it going to be another month or so? (November? December? Somewhere in between?)

We all appreciate the update, but I think what we all want is an ETA! And since it seems testing is going well, I would hope it's an accurate ETA this time...

I don't think Westone will give any ETA until it's all good to go. Instead they will give a firm date when they have it and it will be much closer between they providing the date and the actual release date. I think it would serve Westone, their dealers and their customers best if we don't go that route again. I don't think they should give an ETA at all. A firm release date whenever they have it would make everybody happier. I for one am glad to wait until we reach that point.

Sep 27, 2007 at 9:14 PM Post #1,475 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Head-Fier's!!

I was handed back the forum communities, so I will be around more from this point on.

P.S. - She was here in the labs Monday. :wink:

Oh great, now you get to deal with all of us whining Hdfi'er. Of course this had nothing to do with your CEO being named in the Korean blog. But it's great that you get paid to chat on this forum. Any job openings?

And since your still putsing-around, how do they (she?) sound with gel-tips (ref. Klipsch Custom-3)?

Sep 27, 2007 at 9:21 PM Post #1,476 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flavio T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think Westone will give any ETA until it's all good to go. Instead they will give a firm date when they have it and it will be much closer between they providing the date and the actual release date. I think it would serve Westone, their dealers and their customers best if we don't go that route again. I don't think they should give an ETA at all. A firm release date whenever they have it would make everybody happier. I for one am glad to wait until we reach that point.

x2!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmicmoose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
p0wderh0und, don't bother reading the last 50 or so pages of this thread. It's just a bunch of whining and complaining.
We're glad to have you back. Thanks for the good news.

yeah Doug, welcome back to the fray
wink.gif
. there sure was a lot of silly griping with the occasional worthwhile remark tossed in. if you would be so good as to check in periodically to let us know the status of things i'm sure it'd help settle things down.
oh, and can you please ask the powers that be to release the clear version up front (given the delays that'd probably make 'em right on schedule.
wink.gif
). oh, and while you're at it please include a set of biflanges!
biggrin.gif

Sep 28, 2007 at 2:30 AM Post #1,479 of 2,524
Well I for one certainly appreciated the extra time to save up my money! Especially since I recently moved and had to put down a hefty security deposit on my new place...
wink.gif

Unfortunately, I am also in the market for a new HDTV, so now the W3 will have some competition for my dollars. Unless Best Buy lets me use a 10% coupon on top of a sale price, and also get 24 months no-financing, in which case I'll be able to get both and still give good Christmas presents!
biggrin.gif

Sep 28, 2007 at 9:26 PM Post #1,481 of 2,524
Quote:

p0wderh0und, don't bother reading the last 50 or so pages of this thread. It's just a bunch of whining and complaining.

Yeah, God forbid he get a sense of the damage Westone's reputation has suffered as a result of him dropping off the face of the planet. Although I'm guessing this will be eventually forgotten and forgiven with time if the product is good.

Anyhow, comments like yours always disturb me, because they're dismissive of valid emotional responses and ignorant of how humans communicate and exist in reality. We're not robots sharing zeroes and ones here. We're complex organisms that function on a number of levels: rational, irrational, emotional, intuitive, associative, experimental, and instinctual. It's not as simple as "the headphone will get here when it gets here. so shut up." I mean, it is that simple in an absolute sense, but humans don't experience reality that way. Take a look at any thread of head-fi. You will see that the vast majority of postings are laced with emotional cues. There is nothing wrong with that.

Sbulack and I were talking about this the other day. As he basically put it, did you ever consider the possibility that all the complaining in this thread served a kind of 'group therapy' function for people's unresolved anxiety and anger? It may not have been the original intention for the use of this thread, but the community has used it to help where it has felt its greatest need in this area. Maybe it's not relevant to your need or perspective, but I hope you'll agree that there's more to this world than your perspective, and that other people have a right to their own as well. And I would imagine there are other aspects of your life in which you do get upset. Maybe it's not headphones, maybe it's your kids, which would in fact suggest you've got your priorities straighter than some of us
tongue.gif

This isn't directed entirely at you, moose.... the volume of my response would be a little out of proportion if it were. Your comment simply belongs to a family of abusive sentiments that have appeared over and over on this thread (and others, to be sure) that I'm attempting to address here en masse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ath
"What's the point? We can all yell and scream nothing is going to change....."

Originally Posted by sbulack in response
It seems to me that pretty much everything that can be said by us at this point HAS been said, but it also appears to me that there are still folks who would be helped by having a chance to say it.

Sep 29, 2007 at 10:40 PM Post #1,482 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, God forbid he get a sense of the damage Westone's reputation has suffered as a result of him dropping off the face of the planet. Although I'm guessing this will be eventually forgotten and forgiven with time if the product is good.

Anyhow, comments like yours always disturb me, because they're dismissive of valid emotional responses and ignorant of how humans communicate and exist in reality. We're not robots sharing zeroes and ones here. We're complex organisms that function on a number of levels: rational, irrational, emotional, intuitive, associative, experimental, and instinctual. It's not as simple as "the headphone will get here when it gets here. so shut up." I mean, it is that simple in an absolute sense, but humans don't experience reality that way. Take a look at any thread of head-fi. You will see that the vast majority of postings are laced with emotional cues. There is nothing wrong with that.

Sbulack and I were talking about this the other day. As he basically put it, did you ever consider the possibility that all the complaining in this thread served a kind of 'group therapy' function for people's unresolved anxiety and anger? It may not have been the original intention for the use of this thread, but the community has used it to help where it has felt its greatest need in this area. Maybe it's not relevant to your need or perspective, but I hope you'll agree that there's more to this world than your perspective, and that other people have a right to their own as well. And I would imagine there are other aspects of your life in which you do get upset. Maybe it's not headphones, maybe it's your kids, which would in fact suggest you've got your priorities straighter than some of us
tongue.gif

This isn't directed entirely at you, moose.... the volume of my response would be a little out of proportion if it were. Your comment simply belongs to a family of abusive sentiments that have appeared over and over on this thread (and others, to be sure) that I'm attempting to address here en masse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ath
"What's the point? We can all yell and scream nothing is going to change....."

Originally Posted by sbulack in response
It seems to me that pretty much everything that can be said by us at this point HAS been said, but it also appears to me that there are still folks who would be helped by having a chance to say it.

Very well said (written). I agree with and respect your statement. I have been struggling myself with issues from the past lately. Nothing relating to this product release date delays
frown.gif
. However, the general attitude/position you are trying to criticize is a very good point and very well taken. Something I have to learn how to dose. That is part of a difficult learning process (at least for some people, myself included). Nevertheless, recognizing that this is something that needs to/can be improved is an improvement in itself. Just wish all my family could see it that way...
plainface.gif

Sep 30, 2007 at 12:06 AM Post #1,483 of 2,524
^Very brave and honest of you to share. From what I can tell, all your thoughts/sentiments are not uncommon for that initial (and very difficult) stage... recognizing that something needs to change.

In my experience, changing myself has been the hardest thing I've ever had to do. PM me if you'd like to have a more candid discussion. I'd be happy to offer some support, if only over the net.

Sep 30, 2007 at 1:38 AM Post #1,484 of 2,524
Wow, how did I not find this thread before and how did I not find out about the Westone 3? I just sold my IEM's and am on the lookout for a new one. Looks like after 9 months and 75 pages of me missing the action they are about to be released soon. Timing is impeccable. Seems to me that a switch from Shure to Westone is in order. Now for pricing (I'm not reading all 75 pages of jibberish, if that's what you're thinking
biggrin.gif
).

Sep 30, 2007 at 7:43 PM Post #1,485 of 2,524
Quote:

And for those few who can process it, there's some humor too.

Eat less cheese.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back