Westone 3 - You asked for it, we listened !
Apr 2, 2007 at 12:30 AM Post #661 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrYman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where in Europe will 'Westone 3' be available?

(If i order from USA or any other country out of EU I'll have to pay 20% tax.)

They will be available through Variphone, our European distributor.They have shops all over the EU. Contact them at info@inears.com.

Apr 2, 2007 at 10:28 AM Post #662 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrYman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where in Europe will 'Westone 3' be available?

(If i order from USA or any other country out of EU I'll have to pay 20% tax.)

I've heard that you can avoid those taxes if you don't choose FedEx. But I'm not sure.

I chose FedEx for my Shure E500 and I had to pay those taxes...
frown.gif
Of course I didn't know about this at that time.

By the way, I'm talking about earphonesolutions.

Apr 2, 2007 at 1:08 PM Post #663 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
think mids and highs in the range of an ER4p. I'm not sure what to compare the lows to. They are tight, accurate and not bloated in the least. They will hit HARD when needed.

When you say it will hit HARD...does that mean when the bass hits, my brain will feel funny? You know what I mean, that deep bass from an IEM that just sends waves through your mind...and rattles your brain.
basshead.gif

Apr 2, 2007 at 1:22 PM Post #664 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When you say it will hit HARD...does that mean when the bass hits, my brain will feel funny? You know what I mean, that deep bass from an IEM that just sends waves through your mind...and rattles your brain.
basshead.gif

What I mean by that is that when listening to albums like Elephunk or Monkey business by The BlackEyed Peas, the lows hit hard and clean like a fine tuned Alpine TypeX subwofer would, not a buzzing and over modulating like ghetto PepBoys $100 setup.

Apr 2, 2007 at 1:27 PM Post #665 of 2,524
Quote:

What I mean by that is that when listening to albums like Elephunk or Monkey business by The BlackEyed Peas, the lows hit hard and clean like a fine tuned Alpine TypeX subwofer would, not a buzzing and over modulating like ghetto PepBoys $100 setup.

That's what I meant, I was just being funny...or atleast trying
rolleyes.gif

Have you tried them with any electronica, trance, or anything of that nature?

Apr 2, 2007 at 3:14 PM Post #666 of 2,524
Quote:

think mids and highs in the range of an ER4p. I'm not sure what to compare the lows to. They are tight, accurate and not bloated in the least. They will hit HARD when needed.

PERFECT! Mids and Highs of ER-4P plus a much needed improvement in bass. Plus added comfort due to Westones and no microphonics. Perfect! Honestly, I need these. Now do I have enough money for Customs that I always wanted.

Hmm... I wonder if the regular with custom eartips would be much different than the Customs. Cause then I would have an upgrade path and would go for the regular ones.

Apr 2, 2007 at 3:41 PM Post #667 of 2,524
Quote:

mmmmmm..... that bass is tempting, pOwderhOund23 how do the 3's sound with the Tomahawk? Do guitar solos melt?

Apr 2, 2007 at 4:03 PM Post #668 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigizzy75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mmmmmm..... that bass is tempting, pOwderhOund23 how do the 3's sound with the Tomahawk? Do guitar solos melt?

Like Butter ! Ray had his game hat on when developing that amp. The 3's are just sick with the Tomahawk, both the universal (BETA) and the 3Custom (ALPHA). I'll have a MiniBox-D in a few weeks and will post thoughts on that matchup as well.

Apr 2, 2007 at 4:09 PM Post #669 of 2,524
Quote:

Like Butter ! Ray had his game hat on when developing that amp. The 3's are just sick with the Tomahawk, both the universal (BETA) and the 3Custom (ALPHA). I'll have a MiniBox-D in a few weeks and will post thoughts on that matchup as well.

mmmmmmm.....BUTTER!! thats sounds great! Is the wire and the 1/8" input jack going to be the same like UM2's? Or is it going to be a really thick cable?

Apr 2, 2007 at 4:10 PM Post #670 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's what I meant, I was just being funny...or atleast trying
rolleyes.gif

Have you tried them with any electronica, trance, or anything of that nature?

I've run them on the following:
Andy Hunter - Exodus
Armin Van Buren - Shivers
BT - Movement In Still Life
Chemical Brothers - Dig Your Own Hole and Surrender
Chicane - Behind The Sun
Crystal Method - Vegas (GREAT ALBUM)
Delerium - Chimera, Karma (Disk1) and Semantic Spaces
Paul Oakenfold - Bunkka

And a few others, but that is a good mixing if different sounds.

Apr 2, 2007 at 4:11 PM Post #671 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chef Medeski /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm... I wonder if the regular with custom eartips would be much different than the Customs. Cause then I would have an upgrade path and would go for the regular ones.

The customs will ALWAYS out shine and perform a universal with a custom tip. If you are going to be at the meet, I would REALLY appreciate your take on the sound being a big ER4 fan.

Apr 2, 2007 at 4:19 PM Post #672 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigizzy75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mmmmmmm.....BUTTER!! thats sounds great! Is the wire and the 1/8" input jack going to be the same like UM2's? Or is it going to be a really thick cable?

Same cable, but a new bifurcation (y-split) and no more clear little zipper tube, that has been changed as well.

Apr 2, 2007 at 4:48 PM Post #673 of 2,524
So does that mean that these westone 3s are the next best thing since sliced bread for IEMs?

Have to admit I love my UM2s as they are every bit as fun as I thought they would be....but I've still been left lusting over the ety er4s and not satiated by the UM2s. I wouldn't get rid of them, but I want MORE.
frown.gif

If you use the UM3s with triflanges do you get the greatly reduced hiss as with the UM2s (yes, I'll use the incorrect name)?

So UM3 > E500 and > ety er4s? WOWzors. Me want.

Or is this just hypeage?

I find that UM2s get so little love on this forum yet this thread is huge - so I guess it bodes well to see that I'm not the only one left wanting more.

p.s. what does the difference between designed for personal listening and stage monitoring make?

Apr 2, 2007 at 5:18 PM Post #674 of 2,524
The design comes down to the desire sound, response, impedence, etc. Stage monitors need a certan sound to them (manufactured peaks, valleys). Personal listening is more of a neutral, let-you-decide-on-the-EQ sound. Impedence also need to be different to work with an iPod-type device over a wireless beltpack worn on stage.

Apr 3, 2007 at 4:40 PM Post #675 of 2,524
Hi , this might be off topic but since I have blown my ATH 7Ti(now listing to my crappy sony 71's), I have been looking for new iems.
I was kinda sure to get the UE10Pro but then i stumbled upon this thread, so I'm going to wait for the custom 3's to come out. I'm pretty sure I'll get customs so the question is not about sonics but about the graphics on the customs of the two companies. I know that UE uses a tattoo artist but the graphics are not that, how will I put it....not very intricate or complex compared to the photos I have seen on Westone customs(like powderhound23s' or the one with the eagle), why is that?
So if powderhound23 can chime in and give some details as the custom graphics I have in mind is kinda complex, with different gradients, I would be very grateful.

Thank you

siang

Users who are viewing this thread

Back