Westone 3 - You asked for it, we listened !
Feb 9, 2007 at 12:09 PM Post #286 of 2,524
Oh my God!!! In that case I'll wait before i purchase e UM2.
basshead.gif

Feb 10, 2007 at 2:21 AM Post #287 of 2,524
I have one small request for the Westone 3's. Is there any way you could make the y-split in the cable lower than the UM2's? I tend to wear my UM2's over my ears but with the cable in front. While wearing them this way, the y-split is too tight on my chin. It looks like I have a draw string around my neck or something. I know they are meant to go down my back, but this is not convenient when sitting down or when wearing a backpack. This is just a suggestion, so here's hoping. Thanks, CK

Feb 10, 2007 at 6:01 AM Post #288 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by ckhirnigs113 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have one small request for the Westone 3's. Is there any way you could make the y-split in the cable lower than the UM2's? I tend to wear my UM2's over my ears but with the cable in front. While wearing them this way, the y-split is too tight on my chin. It looks like I have a draw string around my neck or something. I know they are meant to go down my back, but this is not convenient when sitting down or when wearing a backpack. This is just a suggestion, so here's hoping. Thanks, CK

It was brought up to increase the length about 2". I'll check on that and see if it was done.

Feb 11, 2007 at 7:47 AM Post #291 of 2,524
Well, I think I'm about determined that the triple.fi recesses the mids (particualrly vocals) just a little too much for me... the Westone sounds awfully tempting right about now, from what people have been saying.

Feb 12, 2007 at 2:02 AM Post #293 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZackT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is anyone else dying to see the pics? I've checked back on this thread many times, but no. Any idea what colour these will be?

Everytime I see a post by Powderhound I'm hoping it's a post with a pic. I can't wait see what these look like although it's the sound I'm really interested in. I hope the physical design remains similar to the UM2s since to me the comfort couldn't get much better than that...at least without going the custom route.

Feb 12, 2007 at 8:00 AM Post #294 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradoboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally I am going to wait to see the reviews but American Techpushers has them up for pre-order.

i just went to their website and couldn't find anything about the new westones. do you have a link?

Feb 12, 2007 at 2:05 PM Post #295 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i just went to their website and couldn't find anything about the new westones. do you have a link?

Here is a little something,HERE...

Feb 12, 2007 at 9:53 PM Post #297 of 2,524
To be clear.

They are officially called the Westone 3 and not the UM3. When we first got the information I incorrectly assumed they would be the Westone UM3. However I was wrong. So all the web copy is correct but the folder they are in on the server is named WestoneUM3 because I have not yet changed it because time as not permitted.

Keith Ashwood
American Techpushers

Feb 13, 2007 at 2:02 AM Post #298 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trager /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still on track for a March release? When can we start pre-ordering?

march is right around the corner; i'd think they would have some pics by now for proper promotion.

Feb 13, 2007 at 2:32 AM Post #299 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by K.Ashwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To be clear.

They are officially called the Westone 3 and not the UM3. When we first got the information I incorrectly assumed they would be the Westone UM3. However I was wrong. So all the web copy is correct but the folder they are in on the server is named WestoneUM3 because I have not yet changed it because time as not permitted.

Keith Ashwood
American Techpushers

So the Westone 3's are gonna be clear?
biggrin.gif

...sorry, that was an aweful pun...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back