Westone 3 - You asked for it, we listened !
Nov 2, 2008 at 6:57 AM Post #2,341 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how "soon" is soon? by end of this year?

Just bringing up a post by p0wderh0und23 from September 10, 2008:

Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23
I just saw (within the past hour) the new shell with the logo printed on it for approval. First issue for acceptance usually follows that within weeks. All I can say is, before the end of the year. :)

Nov 4, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #2,342 of 2,524
How is the angle of the earphone (the tube that goes in you ears)? On the pics it looks like about 75/80 degrees wich is more than the um2 I think. I ask this because the um2 are the perfect size for me, a bigger earphone like the westone 3 won't fit me but when the angle is bigger it might.

Nov 7, 2008 at 9:33 PM Post #2,343 of 2,524
Westone has got less than a month left, 7 days to be exact to bring the Westone 3's out before the Christmas shopping season begins. If the 3's aren't out by that period, people are gonna buy other things for Christmas.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 9, 2008 at 5:02 AM Post #2,344 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Westone has got less than a month left, 7 days to be exact to bring the Westone 3's out before the Christmas shopping season begins. If the 3's aren't out by that period, people are gonna buy other things for Christmas.
smily_headphones1.gif

Earphones Solutions posted a release date to be [size=small]EARLY 2009[/size]!

Well, doesn't look like it's gonna make it this xmas....shame.

Nov 9, 2008 at 5:21 AM Post #2,345 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by judestudio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Earphones Solutions posted a release date to be [size=small]EARLY 2009[/size]!

Well, doesn't look like it's gonna make it this xmas....shame.

It's been on that page months ago...

In June

Response from p0wderh0und23

So, it's not Westone estimated date. They still try to release it before the end of the year (or at least, soon). Now, let see which comes first: Chinese Democracy from Guns N Roses or the Westone 3.
biggrin.gif

Nov 9, 2008 at 6:33 AM Post #2,346 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by ioXt_2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's been on that page months ago...

In June

Response from p0wderh0und23

So, it's not Westone estimated date. They still try to release it before the end of the year (or at least, soon). Now, let see which comes first: Chinese Democracy from Guns N Roses or the Westone 3.
biggrin.gif

Great stuff! I apologize for the confusing release date.

Nov 9, 2008 at 9:52 PM Post #2,349 of 2,524
This thread is ridiculous. 230+ pages of "....here comes the end all be all IEM/ they're the best sounding thing since sliced bread/ be sure to preorder your set/ oooohhh, sorry delayed/ will be released in a few months/ oh whoops delayed again/ oh they're coming out soon/ hey you should hear how great the prototype sounds/ oh sorry more delays/ ohhh sorry they had to redesign something/ ohhhh damn, problem in production/ not yet/ early next year/ ohhh, sorry not this year/ hey! soon/ ohhhhh sorry still a few months away/ ok, end of the year.....YADA YADA YADA"

Well guess what, my money's gone elsewhere.

Nov 9, 2008 at 10:11 PM Post #2,350 of 2,524
Well, while I am still "patiently" anticipating, the funny thing is >2 years ago, I bought a set of SE530 (called E500 at the time), soon after that I realize Westone is about to release something with a 3-way driver in them! I thought to myself "Damn, only if I have waited a little longer"

2 years has passed and a month ago, I left my SE530 on the plane which puts me back into market to search for a new set. To my surprise, Westone 3 is still awaiting for release! I'm willing to wait if it REALLY is going to be released soon. Else, I might go back to SE530.

So yea, an update will be good!

Nov 10, 2008 at 4:02 PM Post #2,352 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same here. If it's not out by December I'm getting myself some other IEMs to replace my ER4S

Did you pre-order? I ask you this question because I believe you want them for Christmas or I didn't read correctly your previous post.

If you didn't do it, (IMHO) Westone can't initially fill all the pre-orders. Then again, I don't have any data or proof of what I said.

So, I hope I'm wrong and people will finally listen to those IEM before 2009.

Nov 11, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #2,354 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by judestudio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2 years has passed..

Oh man..didn't realize that people had been waiting for quite that long..kind of diminishes hope T_T

Users who are viewing this thread

Back