Westone 3 or Creative Aurvana 3
Dec 30, 2013 at 11:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

h8uthemost

100+ Head-Fier
Both are on sale. I've read the aurvana 3's are pretty good, so I'm wondering if it's worth it to spend the extra hundred on the Westone's.

Neither have detachable cables, which is a bit of a downer. But if both have cables that are going to last then that's what matters.

So which one you guys think? Are the W3's really worth the extra money?

Thanks

Dec 30, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #2 of 8
i would personally go with the w3, i like the build quality of the w3 over the aurvana 3, i also dislike the aurvana's ergonomics, imo the ergonomics in the shell of the w3 are much better suited for long periods of listening. just my opinion

and you are right, non removeable cable is a downer.

Dec 30, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #3 of 8
Which ever one you decide to get you could always send them to btg-audio to get the mod done for removeable cable.

Dec 31, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #5 of 8
i would personally go with the w3, i like the build quality of the w3 over the aurvana 3, i also dislike the aurvana's ergonomics, imo the ergonomics in the shell of the w3 are much better suited for long periods of listening. just my opinion

and you are right, non removeable cable is a downer.

Thanks for the info.
So the sound quality of the W3's are definitely a step up?

Thanks for the tip on the guy who does cable mods. Whichever one i go for I'll send them to get them detachable. Think I'll get them done on my Grado's and X10's too...

Thanks guys

Jan 1, 2014 at 8:31 AM Post #6 of 8
Well i waited too long on the W3's. They jumped back up from $159 to $229. I was waiting until i actually got paid on Friday(even though i had the money in savings) to get them, hoping the deal would last until then.

So i better jump on the aurvana 3's while they're still on sale. Knowing that i have the Shure S215's and Klipsch X10's, you think I'll be happy with the a3's,or will they be a waste of money(eventhough i can always return them to amazon)?

I just dig ba's over dynamics(that's why i like my X10's over the se15's) and wanted to get another pair to go with my X10's. But I'm not paying $229 for the W3's. Especially considering the WR4's were recently on sale for $299(knew i should have grabbed those). I'll just wait until next black Friday/cyber Monday to get a pair of Westone's...

So ya or nay on the a3's at $59?

Jan 1, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #7 of 8
Well i waited too long on the W3's. They jumped back up from $159 to $229. I was waiting until i actually got paid on Friday(even though i had the money in savings) to get them, hoping the deal would last until then.

So i better jump on the aurvana 3's while they're still on sale. Knowing that i have the Shure S215's and Klipsch X10's, you think I'll be happy with the a3's,or will they be a waste of money(eventhough i can always return them to amazon)?

I just dig ba's over dynamics(that's why i like my X10's over the se15's) and wanted to get another pair to go with my X10's. But I'm not paying $229 for the W3's. Especially considering the WR4's were recently on sale for $299(knew i should have grabbed those). I'll just wait until next black Friday/cyber Monday to get a pair of Westone's...

So ya or nay on the a3's at $59?

that sucks on the price jump for the westones, at the price if you can return them, i would give them a try, its not a bad price.

i also agreee, ba to me are the best vs dynamic drivers...they have their positive and negative. but imo and in general BA have a more refined sound over dynamic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back