Westone 3 Impressions Thread
Jan 7, 2010 at 1:55 AM Post #1,501 of 2,224
Question to anyone who has sent things back to Westone for warranty. What do you have to include? It just says "package your product appropriately." Do I have to include pretty much everything or just the earphone itself? Westone emailed me back and it looks like I might be able to receive warranty on them even without the receipt
biggrin.gif

Jan 27, 2010 at 2:53 AM Post #1,503 of 2,224
Wow. just wanted to say great service by Westone Labs! Despite that I've lost my receipt Westone had decided to replace my unit and it's going to be on the way tomorrow. I'm just amazed at the quickness of response and quality of service. Thumbs UP!!!

Jan 31, 2010 at 3:22 AM Post #1,504 of 2,224
Ok all! I've got a deal on a W3 from authorized dealer w/ shipping for $300. Is that the best price I can get on it? If I were to not like it, what do you think I could get for it in the headfi forums? Would I lose much if I tried it for a week or two? Not that I'm planning on it, but just trying to prepare...

Jan 31, 2010 at 10:37 PM Post #1,506 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by imackler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok all! I've got a deal on a W3 from authorized dealer w/ shipping for $300. Is that the best price I can get on it? If I were to not like it, what do you think I could get for it in the headfi forums? Would I lose much if I tried it for a week or two? Not that I'm planning on it, but just trying to prepare...

Do you mind sharing the sellers info. That is the best price I heard of.

Thanks

Feb 1, 2010 at 1:23 AM Post #1,507 of 2,224
If one were interested in finding a good price, one could check out various authorized sellers on ebay and see what kind of best offer they would accept! I bet that a certain tour supply might accept a offer of $300.

I just bought a set a few minutes ago from a non-ebay seller, but an awesome guy, Tim from thegearlab.com.
I am very excited.

Feb 1, 2010 at 2:17 AM Post #1,508 of 2,224
Quote:

300 is a great deal. If you don't like them you could resell them at a minimal loss or make a direct trade with similar top end universals like: TF10, IE8, UM3X, X10, SE530, CK100, etc.

Feb 2, 2010 at 8:13 AM Post #1,509 of 2,224
Does anybody knows where I can find a better deal here in Vancouver for w3? What I found was cad 420 plus taxes. Which practically equates to around cad 470 total. Which is pretty expensive. I'm new to iem's. Tried klipsch s4i and shure 115m+ since these had mic on them. I like to shure foam tips. My question is that is the sound of the w3's far more impressive than the shure and klipsch that I've tried to justify the price diff? Is it really comfy? I'm still trying to get used to the foam tips. Also will there be hiss? I usually have mp3, 128 to 256kbps? What format should I be using if I want to have better sounds? Trying to be an audiophile but I need to understand the basics first. Lol. Calling or the audiophiles out there to contribute? Thanks.

Feb 2, 2010 at 6:22 PM Post #1,510 of 2,224
Quote:

If one were interested in finding a good price, one could check out various authorized sellers on ebay and see what kind of best offer they would accept! I bet that a certain tour supply might accept a offer of $300.

I just bought a set a few minutes ago from a non-ebay seller, but an awesome guy, Tim from thegearlab.com.
I am very excited.

Thanks again

Feb 2, 2010 at 6:26 PM Post #1,511 of 2,224
Any toughts on how the w3 compare to er-4s on every aspect?

Feb 2, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #1,512 of 2,224
Someone will refute this but I don't even think they are in the same class.

As a former Ety owner that has purchased every IEM they have made, I would take the W3 in every single criteria. Possibly the midrange of ER4 is better but that is it.

Someone will say the ER4 treble is superior but I will take W3 due to being more natural and less fatiguuing while still being quite crisp.

Feb 2, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #1,515 of 2,224
just got them today.

sounds awesome

but guys..with the grey silicon tips..i am gettin sibilance.

do shure olives remove the sibilance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back