Westone 3 Impressions Thread
Dec 15, 2009 at 1:53 PM Post #1,486 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by Get_Zwole /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bet it would be awesome, i thought about doing it but splurged for the UM mage instead. Contact Sam at UM he will get you a quote with color options etc. their work is unsurpassed.
kabang567@hotmail.com

thanks for the reply!
intending to get it reshelled at UM
o2smile.gif

one of the retailers here (Singapore) have some sort of linkup with UM so i just have to send my impressions and w3 to them and they'll do the rest for me
pre xmas treat
ksc75smile.gif

how does the mage sound against the w3?

Dec 15, 2009 at 2:26 PM Post #1,487 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anemone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks for the reply!
intending to get it reshelled at UM
o2smile.gif

one of the retailers here (Singapore) have some sort of linkup with UM so i just have to send my impressions and w3 to them and they'll do the rest for me
pre xmas treat
ksc75smile.gif

how does the mage sound against the w3?

Dont know yet lol they will be here tomorrow is what fedex is telling me lol. Im pretty excited now today is going to go by super slow.

Dec 18, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #1,488 of 2,224
Using Westone 3's straight out of an ipod, can you guys here a difference between Apple lossless and 320kbps? My 80gb 5G ipod video has filled up and I'm using Apple lossless. I will probably run a test myself, but also want some other opinions as to whether others could hear the difference.
Cheers.

Dec 18, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #1,489 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bohemianism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Using Westone 3's straight out of an ipod, can you guys here a difference between Apple lossless and 320kbps? My 80gb 5G ipod video has filled up and I'm using Apple lossless. I will probably run a test myself, but also want some other opinions as to whether others could hear the difference.
Cheers.

naww theres no point to me. If you listen A and B comparison numerous times i cant really tell a difference maybe on 1 out of 10 songs i can tell. I just rip them at lame as high as it will go saves you about 3/4 of your space pretty much, but still sounds almost as or as good as flac or lossless. If space wasnt an issue i would say of course use lossless or flac but since your limited on space like me id just go lame or 320kps.

Dec 20, 2009 at 1:35 AM Post #1,490 of 2,224
I just found this thread, and I'm glad I did. I have had the Klipsch Image 10's for several months and I have to say I really can't say anything bad about them, the bass is fantastic. the onyl thing that is lacking is the mids, they are just a little too recessed to get a good mix. though the overall sound is very good, if you can find the right preset on the ipod touch. Now for the reason for this rant. I just bought the Westone 3's this week. They fill the mid range void that I have been living with for all these months. Yet they still have all the bass you could ask for. The mids and treble are much better than the X10's. better overall sound. much more forward mids to fill the void. In other words, I love these 3's, and as a bonus I thind they fit very good as well, with the comply foams. Great IEM. I don't have any second thoughts about this purchase. Go Westone.........

Jan 5, 2010 at 2:55 AM Post #1,493 of 2,224
HELP needed! One of the three rubber cable strands is breaking and I can clearly see the metal cable inside. I've lost my receipt. Any way to deem warranty?

Jan 5, 2010 at 3:26 AM Post #1,494 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeromacro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HELP needed! One of the three rubber cable strands is breaking and I can clearly see the metal cable inside. I've lost my receipt. Any way to deem warranty?

Send an email to Westone. See what they say, if you've lost it and it's bought from an authorized dealer, see if they can print you a copy of the sales receipt. Since say purchasing from EarphoneSolutions you'd have to have an account, and on the account it shows that you purchased a pair of Westone 3's.

Jan 5, 2010 at 4:06 AM Post #1,495 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Send an email to Westone. See what they say, if you've lost it and it's bought from an authorized dealer, see if they can print you a copy of the sales receipt. Since say purchasing from EarphoneSolutions you'd have to have an account, and on the account it shows that you purchased a pair of Westone 3's.

I've received them as a gift so I haven't gotten a clue where it was purchased from. I've contacted westone so I guess I'll have to wait for now.

Jan 5, 2010 at 4:10 AM Post #1,496 of 2,224
Fingers crossed, and good luck! Hope they take care of you. I'm thinking their more generous with the UM line since those are made at their factories, and they can do repairs on them. The Westone 1, 2 and 3 are made in China, and which i believe can't be repaired as the build will be different. However, good luck!

Jan 5, 2010 at 7:48 AM Post #1,498 of 2,224
hmm I wonder why it is that the W3's are made in China and the UM is not... I wish I had known that prior to purchasing my w3's

Jan 5, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #1,499 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by nwkid178 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm I wonder why it is that the W3's are made in China and the UM is not... I wish I had known that prior to purchasing my w3's

Why does it matter?

Jan 5, 2010 at 4:16 PM Post #1,500 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by nwkid178 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Why? If it sounds good who cares where it was made?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back