Westone 3 Impressions Thread
Dec 1, 2008 at 12:22 AM Post #586 of 2,224
Holy crap 60 pages in 2 weeks on these iems?? Must be so insane S**t :p I still find it way to diffuculy to part with the kind of money that real full range hifi cans are worth for a pair of earbuds
wink.gif
FLAME ME!@!!! loool Guess i cant knock em till ive tried em. To bad IEM auditions are a nono IMO unless your previous tips fit on your audition pair :p

Dec 1, 2008 at 12:25 AM Post #587 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm working like a dog re-ripping some of my selected faves to FLAC, just for the W3.
Never went much for lossless before, but figured for a select few (Beatles, Sinatra, Stones, et al) it would be worth it...now.

Wow, really? You're converting some favourites to FLAC? Which dap will you use the files with? The Sony, Zune and iPod Touch don't support FLAC, I don't think.

Dec 1, 2008 at 12:43 AM Post #588 of 2,224
All this has lead me to buy two pair, one for me and one for a friend.

Hope they live up to the reviews.

Now--what do I do with my almost-new Images that these supposedly trump??

Dec 1, 2008 at 12:50 AM Post #589 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would be happy to PM you an address where the Images will be well received by a pair of warm-loving-ears.
atsmile.gif

Dec 1, 2008 at 1:12 AM Post #590 of 2,224
I'm supposed to pick up mine from the local post office tomorrow morning. I'll be doing a comparison review against the phones I currently use, including the Sensas, Ety ER-4P/S, KSC-75, and my Grados.

Look for it an a couple of weeks time when I've had enough listening time with a variety of the music I listen to.

This is my first new earphone purchase in close to two years, so I feel a little like I did the first time I bought the ER-6i 4 years ago and was on my way home waiting to give them a listen.

Dec 1, 2008 at 1:37 AM Post #592 of 2,224
Well, the 30% Live cashback and my one-day-before-expiration, 10%-off ebay coupon proved too persuasive to resist...Consider me another Westone 3 victim. Can't wait to get my ears around 'em!

Time to post more stuff for sale...
tongue.gif

Dec 1, 2008 at 1:51 AM Post #593 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
10%-off ebay coupon proved too persuasive to resist...
Consider me another Westone 3 victim.

[size=medium]HAHAHAHAHAHAHA![/size]
darthsmile.gif
bigsmile_face.gif
atsmile.gif

You knew it was going to happen!

Dec 1, 2008 at 1:54 AM Post #594 of 2,224
Quote:

Well, the 30% Live cashback and my one-day-before-expiration, 10%-off ebay coupon proved too persuasive to resist...Consider me another Westone 3 victim. Can't wait to get my ears around 'em!

tongue.gif

The 30% cashback was enough to persuade me. I didn't find out about the 10%-off ebay coupon until after I purchased the earphones though... makes me kindof sad that I missed out on $40 :'(

Dec 1, 2008 at 2:00 AM Post #595 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=medium]HAHAHAHAHAHAHA![/size]
darthsmile.gif
bigsmile_face.gif
atsmile.gif

You knew it was going to happen!

Ha...I actually never fathomed I'd be treating myself to such tippy-top-of-the-line IEMs -- and so soon after their release -- but that's what this place does to people, I suppose. It renders us insane.

Dec 1, 2008 at 2:08 AM Post #597 of 2,224
Stupid 10% ebay coupon doesn't apply unless you get it sent specifically to you.... *sigh*

Dec 1, 2008 at 2:17 AM Post #598 of 2,224
Quote:

tongue.gif

What? Thats around $240 for a pair, fantastic! I should've waited a little longer...

Dec 1, 2008 at 2:36 AM Post #599 of 2,224
Quote:

Ha...I actually never fathomed I'd be treating myself to such tippy-top-of-the-line IEMs -- and so soon after their release -- but that's what this place does to people, I suppose. It renders us insane.

Oh yeah, it completely renders us insane. But at least here... our insanity is celebrated. In fact, it seems almost normal to whip out a credit card for a pair or earphones I had no intention of buying only a few minutes before
dt880smile.png

Dec 1, 2008 at 2:38 AM Post #600 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You wont regret this - they will make you give up your SA6 as well as the X10 you already sold me LD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back