Westone 3 Impressions Thread
Nov 20, 2008 at 7:34 PM Post #92 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by PouncePony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had to have the cables replaced on both my UM1s and UM2s. The UM1 repair was under warranty. The UM2 repair was only about $25 plus shipping.

I've had great experiences with Westone's customer service. In both instances, a person actually answered the phone and handled the whole process. Since the UM2s weren't under warranty, someone called me back and let me know how much it would cost to repair them.

So, the cables do break. But, I've been very please with Westone's customer service.

-Pony

This is what I was worried about when I had the UM2. Which part of your cable broke? Was your UM2 replaced with another one, or was the cable actually repaired?

Nov 20, 2008 at 7:45 PM Post #94 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by kbuzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
stupid question but will there be custom version for these?

Not of this exact version. That's all I say for now.
wink.gif

Nov 20, 2008 at 8:09 PM Post #95 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmiarka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks! I just ordered from Mike (Freq City) on eBay. Hoping he will be able to ship these out on the 28th as advertised. Can't wait!
atsmile.gif

Ditto. I'm not sure about ordering from Canada with the whole customs issue. I think 2nd day air would include those tariff charges whatever they're called, but I'm not taking any chances.

Cashback is working again (as of 3:00pm EST), so this is the best price at $300. Possible 30% off on cybermonday, as mentioned in my previous post, if you want to chance another $20 off.

Nov 20, 2008 at 8:30 PM Post #96 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ditto. I'm not sure about ordering from Canada with the whole customs issue. I think 2nd day air would include those tariff charges whatever they're called, but I'm not taking any chances.

Cashback is working again (as of 3:00pm EST), so this is the best price at $300. Possible 30% off on cybermonday, as mentioned in my previous post, if you want to chance another $20 off.

Received an email from Mike stating that they would ship out late next week.

I'd rather "lose" $20 now, knowing that he will ship them next week, rather than waiting until Cyber Monday with the possibility of not having any stock left.
biggrin.gif

Nov 20, 2008 at 10:31 PM Post #100 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Check with PJ Box, they get them from Variphone our European distributor.
PJBOX UK: MP3 Players and Accessories

There are no prices for the Westone 3 on there. Unless £0.00 is a price
biggrin.gif

It says 'price to be arranged'. Any idea what the cost might be in the UK? Or when they might get them in stock? Thanks

Nov 20, 2008 at 10:36 PM Post #101 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by Possum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is what I was worried about when I had the UM2. Which part of your cable broke? Was your UM2 replaced with another one, or was the cable actually repaired?

In each case one side stop working. There was no damage to the external part of the cable as far as I could see. I sent them in and I was notified that it was a cable issue. I am assuming it was a connection issue inside the enclosure.

AFAIK, they replaced the cable and sent back my UM2s.

-Pony

Nov 20, 2008 at 10:44 PM Post #102 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmiarka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Received an email from Mike stating that they would ship out late next week. I'd rather "lose" $20 now, knowing that he will ship them next week, rather than waiting until Cyber Monday with the possibility of not having any stock left.
biggrin.gif

Hmmmmmmmmmm.... well, how did I know I'd see you here???
beyersmile.png
icon10.gif
floatsmile.png

Seriously, do you have no self control? What's the matter with you? Why can't you just learn to be happy with one pair of earphones... like me?
ksc75smile.gif

Nov 20, 2008 at 10:52 PM Post #103 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmmmmmmmmm.... well, how did I know I'd see you here???
beyersmile.png
icon10.gif
floatsmile.png

Seriously, do you have no self control? What's the matter with you? Why can't you just learn to be happy with one pair of earphones... like me?
ksc75smile.gif

your definition of one is funny...
biggrin.gif

Nov 21, 2008 at 12:04 AM Post #104 of 2,224
So, I am telling my lovely wife about the fact that with a 10 percent coupon I received today from ebay and the 25 percent MS Cashback program via paypal, I could snag the most coveted IEMs to come out in a long, long time for a mere $270 or thereabouts ($359 from FreqCitySound after the ebay coupon, plus another 25 percent off that price). Well, she says, "I had no idea what to get you for Xmas, do you want those?" Now, she is not a headphone person at all, so I was stunned. For all of two nanoseconds. Just ordered them and the price will be $269 and change (after the cashback is in my paypal account in60 days or so). Not too shabby. Looking forward to hearing them.

Nov 21, 2008 at 12:42 AM Post #105 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, I am telling my lovely wife about the fact that with a 10 percent coupon I received today from ebay and the 25 percent MS Cashback program via paypal, I could snag the most coveted IEMs to come out in a long, long time for a mere $270 or thereabouts ($359 from FreqCitySound after the ebay coupon, plus another 25 percent off that price). Well, she says, "I had no idea what to get you for Xmas, do you want those?" Now, she is not a headphone person at all, so I was stunned. For all of two nanoseconds. Just ordered them and the price will be $269 and change (after the cashback is in my paypal account in60 days or so). Not too shabby. Looking forward to hearing them.

Nice! I'm glad that I found the cashback program today. Read about it a while ago, but now I had something to use it on!
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back