Westone 3 Impressions Thread
Dec 28, 2013 at 3:40 AM Post #1,936 of 2,224
  Hey @HI Zz - If you aren't enjoying the frequency response of your Westone 3, it might not be the IEM for you. You can use the EQ functions of your IMOD (which, might be easier with ROCKBOX) if you would like to alter the signature. 

Quote:
  I just ordered the W3 from Amazon and just wondering on your guys suggestion on tips? From what I gather, Shure olives and modded triflanges are the best and the Comply's sacrifice on the highs? 

For me, Comply tips are best - no effect on highs from my perspective. Just a better fit.

Quote:
  It hisses out of everything since they are very sensitivty even the fiio e10. Would the Sandisk Clip+ do anything?

They will only "hiss" if your source has a high output impedance. Alternatively, the tracks your using might not be mastered correctly - are you experiencing the issue with all music, or just one album? What sources have you tried?

The Fiio E10 isn't great for IEM use - the output impedance is too high, and you will experience hiss.

Thanks for the reply. Do you mean the P series complys?

Dec 28, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #1,938 of 2,224
  Hey @HI Zz - If you aren't enjoying the frequency response of your Westone 3, it might not be the IEM for you. You can use the EQ functions of your IMOD (which, might be easier with ROCKBOX) if you would like to alter the signature. 

Quote:
  I just ordered the W3 from Amazon and just wondering on your guys suggestion on tips? From what I gather, Shure olives and modded triflanges are the best and the Comply's sacrifice on the highs? 

For me, Comply tips are best - no effect on highs from my perspective. Just a better fit.

Quote:
  It hisses out of everything since they are very sensitivty even the fiio e10. Would the Sandisk Clip+ do anything?

They will only "hiss" if your source has a high output impedance. Alternatively, the tracks your using might not be mastered correctly - are you experiencing the issue with all music, or just one album? What sources have you tried?

The Fiio E10 isn't great for IEM use - the output impedance is too high, and you will experience hiss.

I think it's all my music. Would the sandisk clip+ or clip zip fix this?

Dec 29, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #1,942 of 2,224
Do the stock W3 come with Comply P series tips? (They do seem to include s/m/l comply tips, just not sure if they're P series). Are the Shure olives better than the P series tips?

Also, I read somewhere that it comes with an inline volume controller, is that true?

I'm also considering the GR07 Bass Edition, MA750 and X10. Can anyone comment on those vs the W3 in terms of:

1. comfort
2. isolation
3. sound quality

Dec 29, 2013 at 12:46 AM Post #1,943 of 2,224
  Do the stock W3 come with Comply P series tips? (They do seem to include s/m/l comply tips, just not sure if they're P series). Are the Shure olives better than the P series tips?

Also, I read somewhere that it comes with an inline volume controller, is that true?

I'm also considering the GR07 Bass Edition, MA750 and X10. Can anyone comment on those vs the W3 in terms of:

1. comfort
2. isolation
3. sound quality

Doesn't come with P-series. Yes it comes with the volume controller. They're very comfortable. probably the most comfortable IEM i've used to date because they're totally flush with my ear and i can lay down with them. The P-series are too long for me to do that though so that's why I went back to the stock tips which aren't too different.

Isolation is great, can't hear anything unless it's extremely loud. Missed someone knocking at my door a few times. Sound quality is superb. Total steal for 150 bucks. Get them.

Dec 29, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #1,944 of 2,224
  Doesn't come with P-series. Yes it comes with the volume controller. They're very comfortable. probably the most comfortable IEM i've used to date because they're totally flush with my ear and i can lay down with them. The P-series are too long for me to do that though so that's why I went back to the stock tips which aren't too different.

Isolation is great, can't hear anything unless it's extremely loud. Missed someone knocking at my door a few times. Sound quality is superb. Total steal for 150 bucks. Get them.

Sounds like a great deal for $160, didn't even realize they have a volume control which is a huge bonus. I ordered the W3 as well as the GR07-BE, MA750, and X10 for an audition. From the looks like it though, I would likely keep the W3 and return the rest. I even ordered the P-series slim tips just to make sure I'll love the W3. I'm hoping that they have at least similar comfort and isolation as the X10, and almost as good SQ as the GR07-BE.

Dec 29, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #1,945 of 2,224
Sounds like a great deal for $160, didn't even realize they have a volume control which is a huge bonus. I ordered the W3 as well as the GR07-BE, MA750, and X10 for an audition. From the looks like it though, I would likely keep the W3 and return the rest. I even ordered the P-series slim tips just to make sure I'll love the W3. I'm hoping that they have at least similar comfort and isolation as the X10, and almost as good SQ as the GR07-BE.

Report back!

Dec 31, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #1,946 of 2,224
Just an update regarding The westone 3 for $159.99 on amazon.com discussed above. Make sure to select amazon as the seller because there is a 3rd party seller selling them for $160 on amazon now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back