Westone 3 Impressions Thread
Dec 23, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #1,921 of 2,224
Hello 

Sorry to interrupt but i would like to know if the "Westone Team Edition Corsa" has more bass that the UM1s?
Compared to the UM1s they have a braided cable which is better from my point of view.

- Are they a good deal ? 

- How is the Bass?

- Do vocals come out nice ? 

Thanks for your reply 

Dec 23, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #1,923 of 2,224
Hello 

Sorry to interrupt but i would like to know if the "Westone Team Edition Corsa" has more bass that the UM1s?
Compared to the UM1s they have a braided cable which is better from my point of view.

- Are they a good deal ? 

- How is the Bass?

- Do vocals come out nice ? 

Thanks for your reply 

I doubt there is any difference between the UM1 and the UM1 Team Edition other than cable and new colors

Dec 25, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #1,930 of 2,224
I got the P-Series comply but for some reason i can't get a good seal on my right ear. I might try the shure olives... anyone got a link to the correct olives for these?

thanks! 

Dec 26, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #1,933 of 2,224
Get a new source
smily_headphones1.gif

It hisses out of everything since they are very sensitivty even the fiio e10. Would the Sandisk Clip+ do anything?

Dec 28, 2013 at 2:43 AM Post #1,935 of 2,224
  Hi guys, Need recommendation on amplifiers that make the westone 3 less bassy with more mids and highs ? Please recommend. Using westone 3 with IMOD

Hey @HI Zz - If you aren't enjoying the frequency response of your Westone 3, it might not be the IEM for you. You can use the EQ functions of your IMOD (which, might be easier with ROCKBOX) if you would like to alter the signature. 

Quote:
  I just ordered the W3 from Amazon and just wondering on your guys suggestion on tips? From what I gather, Shure olives and modded triflanges are the best and the Comply's sacrifice on the highs? 

For me, Comply tips are best - no effect on highs from my perspective. Just a better fit.

Quote:
  It hisses out of everything since they are very sensitivty even the fiio e10. Would the Sandisk Clip+ do anything?

They will only "hiss" if your source has a high output impedance. Alternatively, the tracks your using might not be mastered correctly - are you experiencing the issue with all music, or just one album? What sources have you tried?

The Fiio E10 isn't great for IEM use - the output impedance is too high, and you will experience hiss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back