Westone 3 Impressions Thread
May 15, 2009 at 6:56 AM Post #1,441 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The iPod Touch 1G headphone out wasn't my favorite, but the sound from the line out dock is much better to me. So, if it sounds better via headphone out than it does via P-51 on the line out dock, then the P-51 is the problem and it probably needs more burn-in.

I know I didn't like my Predator when I first got it, and it sounded a bit dull and muddy until after 350 hours. By 600 hours the Predator was my favorite portable amp, until I bought a used P-51 which is even better than my Predator which has over 2000 hours when I stopped counting. I just don't know how many hours are on the used P-51 but I am the 3rd owner, so I can't say how long it will take.

Yeah...now I'm burning-in my P51..can I just do it continuously, like 40 hours non-stop?Is low or medium gain effect the result of burn-in?
thanks..

May 15, 2009 at 7:01 AM Post #1,442 of 2,224
@HeadphoneAddict
Just have read you other post on the P51 thread...I use comply short...I fits perfectly to my right ear, but not to my left..So I need to push it deep to my left ear canal to get a good seal....triple flange just can't fit me whatever modification has been done..

May 16, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #1,443 of 2,224
This information you supplied in this thread was more helpful, because regardless of the tips you found the W3 to be dull via P-51, but it but not with the headphone out; so the issue should be something in your LOD or your amp - so burn-in is a good step.

Nevertheless, the Complys tips will also have less highs with either source/amp.

Aug 6, 2009 at 11:07 AM Post #1,444 of 2,224
Where can I buy these? (Preferably not amazon or ebay) I live currently in Sweden. And I have access to paypal

Aug 7, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #1,445 of 2,224
How's Westone when it comes to warranty? Would they still honor repairs even if you don't have a receipt???

I'm considering trading my IE8 for a pair of W3 (which were purchased on ebay or something by the previous owner), and am slightly worried about the cabling not being durable enough and easily replaceable like they are on my IE8.......

Aug 7, 2009 at 11:20 PM Post #1,446 of 2,224
^^ havent need it yet but from what ive read they dont honor warranty unless you were the original buyer form a authorized dealer. Like i said this is hear say hopefully you will get some first hand experience posted.

Aug 8, 2009 at 5:28 AM Post #1,452 of 2,224
It's a Negative Three. The Red outline lines out a three in black...or you could think of it as some cool spider looking design thingy...

Aug 8, 2009 at 4:25 PM Post #1,453 of 2,224
I have used my W3s now for about 3 hours a day, 3 days a week and some on weekends, since they first shipped, straight out of an IPhone 3g. I play all kinds of genres through them in addition to the evening news and some talk radio.

I see questions up here about the durability. I got these right when they came out.. you can't tell they have been used, cable still looks brand new, housing is perfect. I use the Mid-Grey Silicon tips and have not changed them since day one. They are easier to keep clean then the black olives and I like the seal.

All in all... no question the best purchase I have made here on Head-fi in the past 3 years. Still superb sound, tight bottom end, true mids, crisp highs and transparent cross over points.. who could ask for more? IMO a whole league ahead of the 530s that I used for a couple of years of the same use. I was concerned about the twisted cable, but that has not turned out to be a problem. They are worth every penny and they stopped me from having to buy another IEM every 3 months searching for that sound...

Aug 8, 2009 at 5:14 PM Post #1,454 of 2,224
Bingo! I see the '3' embedded in the image.
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a Negative Three. The Red outline lines out a three in black...or you could think of it as some cool spider looking design thingy...

Aug 11, 2009 at 12:55 PM Post #1,455 of 2,224
Does anyone have a comparison of the bass between the Westone 3's and the JVC Victor FX500's? I just got a pair of UM3X's and they sound fantastic but coming from the FX500's I am pining a bit for bass and I was interested in how the Westone 3's compared to the FX500's in that category.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back