Westone 3 Impressions Thread
Feb 6, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #1,696 of 2,224

Quote:
Be glad it wasn't in your ear, could've possibly done some damage to your hearing. Most likely, if you can't hear any differences before/after this incident, nothing is wrong.

I did that once to my ears but i quickly yanked the earphones out. Phew! Im glad nothing is wrong and BAs are tougher.

Feb 13, 2012 at 2:11 AM Post #1,697 of 2,224
just took the plunge and bought a set of used Westone 3s.  Before this I had a set of hf3 and while i liked them, they were too analytical for me and i wanted something with more bass but not basshead heavy and i have to say im very happy with my purchase.  Still experimenting with tips though and trying to get ahold of some Shure olives.

Feb 19, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #1,698 of 2,224

Quote:
just took the plunge and bought a set of used Westone 3s.  Before this I had a set of hf3 and while i liked them, they were too analytical for me and i wanted something with more bass but not basshead heavy and i have to say im very happy with my purchase.  Still experimenting with tips though and trying to get ahold of some Shure olives.

I had the Olives at one point. For me they were uncomfortable. They are a cheaper alternative to Complys though.

Mar 5, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #1,699 of 2,224
Shameless plug but It may help someone out looking to pick up a pair; I've got one brand new and unopened for sale 
gs1000.gif

Mar 6, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #1,700 of 2,224

Quote:
Shameless plug but It may help someone out looking to pick up a pair; I've got one brand new and unopened for sale 
gs1000.gif

I have 2 pair, so I'm all set... 
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 6, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #1,701 of 2,224

Quote:
gs1000.gif

You can get more views by linking your classified at the bottom of your signature. 

But I too have two sets so I'm pretty set 
tongue.gif

Mar 6, 2012 at 6:07 AM Post #1,702 of 2,224
Thanks guys. Always nice to have an even number!

If no one takes them off me soon I'll keep them! Kinda hard to resist when they're sitting there looking at me...puppy dog eyes. Using these in the gym, my face got such a great workout from grinning so damn much. "Why you smirking so much?", "Why are you listening to ibuds???" 
etysmile.gif

Mar 6, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #1,703 of 2,224

Quote:

Olives> Comply's  But if you can get a pair of the TS (spherical) 100's they worked fantastic with the W3.

Mar 6, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #1,705 of 2,224

Quote:
Any thoughts on these for workouts? Are they comfy?

Looking for a workout set of higher-end IEMs for a buddy

They are super comfy 
biggrin.gif
. They also stay in the ear very well with its great ergonomics. I've gone working out with them before and it's fine, but just remember to wipe away the sweat after. 

Mar 6, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #1,707 of 2,224
I think it depends on how he defines "bassy", but for BAs, they are definitely very bassy. And yes, fun indeed.

Mar 6, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #1,708 of 2,224
I think my friend Staal is a practicing Comic

Apr 7, 2012 at 2:53 AM Post #1,709 of 2,224
Hello! I decided to get the UM56 for my W3 since I love them so much. I am going to use them for drumming, too, and I didn't want to buy a pair of headphones I didn't like. Anyway, since there are not a lot of pictures out there of the UM56 I will post mine.

One is clear. The other is in blue Cat eyes. The material is OtoBlast. It is soft, but tacky. They fit perfectly without the W3 attached. Once I put on the W3 it kinda hurts for a little on my left ear. I'm not sure if the pain goes away because I got used to it or if the UM56 settled into the right place. I will give my thoughts on them once I really got to wear them for awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back