Westone 3 Impressions Thread
Nov 21, 2008 at 7:06 PM Post #151 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hiya
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't suppose you happened to get a price out of them, did you?
The site still lists the W3 as: £0.00, but they must know what they'll be selling them for by now.

Judging by the current exchange rate I'm expecting somewhere in the quite unreasonable £270-£280 range!

Nov 21, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #152 of 2,224
No, Pjbox didn't give a price. Apparently, variphone, whom supplies Westone products to pjbox.co.uk, are awaiting word from Westone on what to price the 3 as. No doubt that means a calculated price inflation.

Nov 22, 2008 at 2:20 AM Post #154 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by NicktheNorse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Judging by the current exchange rate
I'm expecting somewhere in the quite unreasonable £270-£280 range!

Yeah, that's really steep. Mind you, I paid £279 for the Klipsch Image back in February this year. Totally overpriced!!

To anyone from the UK who ordered the W3... if you bought them from the authorised dealer on eBay, did you manage to use the coupon code for the 25% discount? Or is it just for US residents? I followed the link, but it seems to open a different page for UK'ers. I checked with a US Head-Fi'er and the link took him to a different page to me.

Nov 22, 2008 at 2:38 AM Post #155 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, that's really steep. Mind you, I paid £279 for the Klipsch Image back in February this year. Totally overpriced!!

To anyone from the UK who ordered the W3... if you bought them from the authorised dealer on eBay, did you manage to use the coupon code for the 25% discount? Or is it just for US residents? I followed the link, but it seems to open a different page for UK'ers. I checked with a US Head-Fi'er and the link took him to a different page to me.

Technically, it's not a coupon code. You have to be a member or join MS Live, use ebay/paypal, and from reading the amazingly long rules/regs, is only open to U.S. folks.

Here's the specifics:

Eligibility
You are eligible to participate in the Cashback Program as long as you: (a) are at least 18 years of age and reside in the United States, (b) have a confirmed US eBay.com account in good standing, (c) have a verified US PayPal account in good standing, (d) have a Microsoft Cashback Program Account in good standing; and (e) comply with the eBay Terms and the Program Terms. In order for your accounts to be in good standing, they must not be limited or suspended.

A U.S. buyer can do up to a dozen cash back purchases (max $200 discount per buy) per year. Only downside is it takes 60 days to get the cash back (in your paypal account).

Nov 22, 2008 at 3:03 AM Post #156 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
damn this sucks, comes out to nearly $700 for me - darned exchange ratee, still gonna have to wait
frown.gif

now doesnt it suck to live overseas??

but its vice versa... sometimes i want products but are only outside the US ..

Nov 22, 2008 at 3:16 AM Post #157 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
damn this sucks, comes out to nearly $700 for me - darned exchange ratee, still gonna have to wait
frown.gif

Aussie dollars has dipped quite a bit recently I must say.

Nov 22, 2008 at 5:47 AM Post #158 of 2,224
Woot!

Just placed my order for the Westone 3 at marcopolo.ca with Sam. If all goes well and the Westone 3 is shipped out on the 28th then I should have it on Dec. 2!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 22, 2008 at 6:33 AM Post #161 of 2,224
jeez I hope I can find a way to scrap together enough to pick these babies up. I've been wanting to upgrade from my sf5p for awhile..perhaps now will be the time that I upgrade?
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 22, 2008 at 12:04 PM Post #162 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Technically, it's not a coupon code. You have to be a member or join MS Live, use ebay/paypal, and from reading the amazingly long rules/regs, is only open to U.S. folks.

Okay, thanks. I figured it might be a US thing. Never mind, because a couple of hours ago I got an email from eBay saying: Kick start your Christmas shopping with 15% off* your next purchase.
So I'm cancelling and reordering!

Nov 22, 2008 at 12:41 PM Post #164 of 2,224
Great to see that something finally seems to be released here!
..after more than 18 months delay...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 22, 2008 at 2:17 PM Post #165 of 2,224
I'm so looking forward to the Westone 3's. I was considering UE-11 Pros. I have no experience with Westone, but the reviews seem overwhelmingly positive. I can't buy both. Is it possible that the Westone 3's offer better sound quality than the UE-11's? Another thing (...and I know it's a small, insignificant thing,) but I wish that Westone was offering some color other than black. I figure that I might wait awhile until they get around to offering another color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back