Westone 3 Impressions Thread
Nov 22, 2008 at 6:10 PM Post #181 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We do not release our freq curves. It's like a special sauce.
regular_smile .gif

every manufacturer that says that always calls it a special ingredient (jay's also) and all that in my opinion is rubbish, more like your worried about it not being flat enough, i mean no offence but when has releasing frequency curves ever hurt ultimate ears?? theres no such thing as a special source because if this special source was so great then the curve would be a flat line with a little boost on the lower end for realism, and if that was the case you sure as hell would show it.

sorry but its annoying when manufacturers claim they have a special something, i mean look at the q-jays, they had ''a special source'' aswell and all we ended up getting was a pretty middle of the road set of phones, pretty flat and pretty boring.

anyway, rant over, im sure the westone 3 will be great, so go on stop being cheezy and show us the graphs will ya?
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 22, 2008 at 6:21 PM Post #182 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to wait another whole week after it's posted until mine arrive. This is going to be a tortuous week ahead.
I know there's others here that have *AHEM* problems waiting too..........

HEY!!!! I hope you weren't referring to me?? I have endless patience, as you know. I waited for an entire 2 hours before complaining they hadn't arrived yet. This is h-u-g-e progress
biggrin.gif

Nov 22, 2008 at 6:29 PM Post #183 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HEY!!!! I hope you weren't referring to me?? I have endless patience, as you know. I waited for an entire 2 hours before complaining they hadn't arrived yet. This is h-u-g-e progress
biggrin.gif

Ha ha.... Could be.... could be.
wink_face.gif
Perhaps you should find a support group in there in the UK....something like- '12 steps to overcome earphone waiting'.
biggrin.gif

Nov 22, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #184 of 2,224
soozieq: Wow! So you sold the IE8 and kept the IE7? And now have the W3s on the way?

Why sell the IE8s? And how do the IE7s stack up against the TF10s?

Nov 22, 2008 at 7:12 PM Post #185 of 2,224
wow....I just spent $508CAD on these....

These better be good! I got them off marcopolo.ca

He offers free xpresspost within Canada and free 2 day fedex to the States.

Anyone know how sensitive these things are? Are they as sensitive as the UM2s that hiss like crazy with some DAPs?

Nov 22, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #187 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
every manufacturer that says that always calls it a special ingredient (jay's also) and all that in my opinion is rubbish, more like your worried about it not being flat enough, i mean no offence but when has releasing frequency curves ever hurt ultimate ears?? theres no such thing as a special source because if this special source was so great then the curve would be a flat line with a little boost on the lower end for realism, and if that was the case you sure as hell would show it.

sorry but its annoying when manufacturers claim they have a special something, i mean look at the q-jays, they had ''a special source'' aswell and all we ended up getting was a pretty middle of the road set of phones, pretty flat and pretty boring.

anyway, rant over, im sure the westone 3 will be great, so go on stop being cheezy and show us the graphs will ya?
bigsmile_face.gif

I also would like to see a frequency response curve to compare against Ety ER4 S&P, SE530 and the UEs.

Nov 22, 2008 at 7:49 PM Post #188 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm definitely NOT excited about "glassy black" finish as it will show every miniscule scratch. I'd prefer a coarser finish. We'll see.....

nahhhh glassy just means shiny. the se530 and triple fi are shiny and are very good at not marking. these should be the same. however if the earphones are not in your head they are in a case so who's going to really be able to test the scratch proof-ness of thier IEM's.

the best way is ofcourse to put them in your pocket on a sandy beach but if anybody does that i envy thier braveness.

Nov 22, 2008 at 8:02 PM Post #189 of 2,224
My SE530's are plastic housing? I thought it was a light metal/pewter? Shows what I know but hopefully you are right. Unless they use a very high grade resin (which hopefully they did) I would think a glassy black finish (in PLASTIC) could scratch very easy by a fingernail sloppily taking them in and out of your ear.

On another note, $400 seems a very appropriate price given where SE530 ($450?)and TFPro (also $399) came out at. Especially IF it is definitely better.

But Westone rarely discounts their products so I expect it to stay at $399 for a couple years before coming down at all.

Nov 22, 2008 at 8:15 PM Post #190 of 2,224
Quote:

I'm definitely NOT excited about "glassy black" finish as it will show every miniscule scratch. I'd prefer a coarser finish. We'll see.....

We'll see - agreed. Things are in favor of Westone here though - UM2 does not have scratch issues.

Nov 22, 2008 at 9:37 PM Post #192 of 2,224
Quote:

My SE530's are plastic housing? I thought it was a light metal/pewter? Shows what I know but hopefully you are right. Unless they use a very high grade resin (which hopefully they did) I would think a glassy black finish (in PLASTIC) could scratch very easy by a fingernail sloppily taking them in and out of your ear.

On another note, $400 seems a very appropriate price given where SE530 ($450?)and TFPro (also $399) came out at. Especially IF it is definitely better.

But Westone rarely discounts their products so I expect it to stay at $399 for a couple years before coming down at all.

If you use the MS Live Cashback program, you can get them for $300. I did. In fact, I used a 10 percent ebay coupon, and got them for $260. Read back in the post for details. You need to be in the U.S., have a Paypal account, and buy them from an authoriized ebay seller. Again, it's farther back in this thread.

Nov 22, 2008 at 9:44 PM Post #193 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=xx-large]HOLY MOLY![/size]

Holy Moly what?

Nov 22, 2008 at 9:48 PM Post #195 of 2,224
Quote:

i think $399 is a superb price myself for the westone 3, considering they are a step above any other universal technology wise. i doubt we will see the uk price that low tho, on amazon.co.uk the westone um2 are still very expensive, more than the se530 if i remember correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back