Weston UM3X... Rattling?
Sep 11, 2010 at 4:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

dirkph

New Head-Fier
I just ordered these UM3X's from EBay (brand new) and they arrived less than a week ago.  At first, they sounded great... but just today the 'high's' on the left earphone disappeared entirely. Plus it's the left earphone isn't as loud as the right side now (yes, I double checked that it wasn't my ears).

Has anyone experienced this with Westone UM3's?  I'm not too happy -- these headphones were brand new and $360.  Any quick fix or do I have to resort to complaining?

Sep 11, 2010 at 5:42 AM Post #3 of 13
Naugh, Some people are having this problem and Westone has confirmed that it's a defect in some models. You're going to have to send them back and get them fixed.

They should do it for free.Sorry it happened to you too :/

Sep 11, 2010 at 6:30 AM Post #4 of 13
Check this link. Seems to be common issue. Are the faulty ones you have removable? Westone should be able to replace them.

I had them replaced some weeks ago with the same problem. The new ones I've got are not the revised version, hoping these won't become an issue as well. So far so good.

The new, revised UM3x have a orange dot under the box.

Sep 11, 2010 at 1:12 PM Post #5 of 13

Quote:
Check this link. Seems to be common issue. Are the faulty ones you have removable? Westone should be able to replace them.

I had them replaced some weeks ago with the same problem. The new ones I've got are not the revised version, hoping these won't become an issue as well. So far so good.

The new, revised UM3x have a orange dot under the box.

You may want to send it in as well. My second pair had the same problem after two weeks of usage.

Nov 7, 2010 at 11:50 AM Post #6 of 13
I noticed the same problem with mine after a couple of weeks, so glad I'm not the only one with bad luck. Luckily they replace if you send them back to Westone within 30th November.

Nov 7, 2010 at 12:16 PM Post #7 of 13
What tip you using?

I ask because if you are using the Comply tips, they can pinch themselves mostly shut depending on how they fit into your ears.  This makes them potentially massively affect the sound. 

Apr 21, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #10 of 13
Was that the model with replaceable cables?  Thinking about getting a set.

Jul 6, 2011 at 8:52 AM Post #12 of 13
i now have the rattling noise  from the blue channel. i bought mine more than 6 months ago. will they replace the faulty unit without a copy of the original invoice? how is the customer service unit working?

Jul 6, 2011 at 9:21 AM Post #13 of 13
Alive and well mcduman.  Just give them a call and explain your situation.  They may fix it for free, but it would be totally within their right (and a standard practice as well) to ask a fee for fixing them if you can't prove when you bought them. 

Either way, i'm confident that they will take care of you will little hassle on your end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back