Wells Audio Milo - Impressions And Discussion Thread
Jan 22, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #121 of 1,022
More I read about the Milo, the more I want one. Especially since it sounds like it really does well with the HEK and HE6 Anyone want to let me borrow theirs? lol

Jan 22, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #122 of 1,022
More I read about the Milo, the more I want one. Especially since it sounds like it really does well with the HEK and HE6 Anyone want to let me borrow theirs? lol

I'm going to bring mine to the Chicago meet next weekend, if you want to come. :wink:

Jan 22, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #123 of 1,022
I'm going to bring mine to the Chicago meet next weekend, if you want to come.
wink.gif

AH! I need to keep better track of the meets. Unfortunately I work Saturdays, so I have to plan ahead to get the day off. Maybe next to around. :frowning2:

Jan 22, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #124 of 1,022
AH! I need to keep better track of the meets. Unfortunately I work Saturdays, so I have to plan ahead to get the day off. Maybe next to around. :frowning2:

For Chicago, there is a thread completely dedicated to alerting people when a new meet has been scheduled and linking to the respective meet thread. If you think there is a chance you might ever attend one, you should sub to it. http://www.head-fi.org/t/779645/chicago-area-head-fi-meet-announcement-thread

Jan 22, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #125 of 1,022
There are like almost no meets here in SF! Wouldve loved to hear the Milo.

Jan 22, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #126 of 1,022
  There are like almost no meets here in SF! Wouldve loved to hear the Milo.

I think they were at the last Head-Fi event in San Francisco. Wells Audio is just down the road an hour or so in Campbell, CA. 

Jan 23, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #127 of 1,022
Really thinking about ordering this amp to pair with a Metrum Musette DAC. I would power ZMF Ori, Atticus and Eikon headphones with it. My computer will be the source. I am just so close to pulling the trigger after weeks of study and PMs with fine head-fi members.

I wonder what the lead time is for one and guess phone is the only way to order (that I have found).

How hot do the heatsinks get?

Jan 23, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #128 of 1,022
Really thinking about ordering this amp to pair with a Metrum Musette DAC. I would power ZMF Ori, Atticus and Eikon headphones with it. My computer will be the source. I am just so close to pulling the trigger after weeks of study and PMs with fine head-fi members.

I wonder what the lead time is for one and guess phone is the only way to order (that I have found).

How hot do the heatsinks get?

The heat sinks don't get very hot. The Milo actually runs pretty cool in general.

Jan 23, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #129 of 1,022
The heat sinks don't get very hot. The Milo actually runs pretty cool in general.

That is good, because if I get it my high dollar NEC monitors will be pretty near it. I think I can place it toward the front of my desk and the Metrum Musette under my monitors. The computer is left of the position I would put the Milo. Still thinking a shorter amp would be better with one DAC under the left montitor and the amp under the right monitor. Tough decision without being able to see and hear them. My desk is below:

Jan 24, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #130 of 1,022
Is phone the only way to order a Milo and what is the usual time it takes for it to ship?

Jan 24, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #131 of 1,022
Is phone the only way to order a Milo and what is the usual time it takes for it to ship?

You can email Jeff, and let him know you want to order etc. then call him with your C.C. information. Thats what I did :)

Jan 24, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #132 of 1,022
  You can email Jeff, and let him know you want to order etc. then call him with your C.C. information. Thats what I did :)

Did you end up selling your Milo for the Headtrip? What are you using them with?

Jan 24, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #133 of 1,022

Mine took about 3 weeks, but that included both Christmas and New Years holidays and waiting time for the Khozmo attenuator and Vishay z-foils to arrive.  I'd be willing to say it normally is a lot faster.  I was in no hurry though.  But let me just say, it's worth the wait.  Sounds wonderful, even better than my Ragnarok, more musical and natural, and that's high praise as I love my Ragnarok as well.

And yep, you'll have to call.  You'll be dealing with Jeff directly.  This is a small operation and you get personal service.  It's your chance to talk to him and talk about any options you want.

Jan 24, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #134 of 1,022
What does the $400 Khozmo attenuator improve upon a Milo without it.

How does the Wells Audio house sound compare to the Cavalli Audio house sound?

Jan 24, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #135 of 1,022

Mine took about 3 weeks, but that included both Christmas and New Years holidays and waiting time for the Khozmo attenuator and Vishay z-foils to arrive.  I'd be willing to say it normally is a lot faster.  I was in no hurry though.  But let me just say, it's worth the wait.  Sounds wonderful, even better than my Ragnarok, more musical and natural, and that's high praise as I love my Ragnarok as well.

And yep, you'll have to call.  You'll be dealing with Jeff directly.  This is a small operation and you get personal service.  It's your chance to talk to him and talk about any options you want.

Would love to hear your detailed impressions of the Milo vs the Rag. I really like the Rag too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back