Wells Audio Milo - Impressions And Discussion Thread
Nov 26, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #766 of 1,022
My Milo the hiss is hard to hear if any maybe the references improves with the different components used.

Nov 28, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #767 of 1,022
The Milo does it for me powering my 1266 TC like a champ. The WA33 was boring with my edm. I got rid of the Woo. I'll say PRAT, speed kinda warm powerful bass clean and does it in a small package.

Nov 28, 2020 at 7:14 PM Post #768 of 1,022
My Milo the hiss is hard to hear if any maybe the references improves with the different components used.
Yeah you shouldn't hear any hiss on the Abyss. My Diana is perfectly silent too. It's only the very sensitive cans. The Milo is a bit too powerful for them.

Nov 28, 2020 at 7:45 PM Post #769 of 1,022
Yeah you shouldn't hear any hiss on the Abyss. My Diana is perfectly silent too. It's only the very sensitive cans. The Milo is a bit too powerful for them.
No I don't hear hiss on any headphone. Like the Empyrean or Thekk.

Nov 28, 2020 at 8:40 PM Post #771 of 1,022
I'll try my VC. only thing i can hear is a quit hum so lo that I need to focus really hard and still have a hard time. Maybe Jeff was wrong and there is attenuator which I did ask about when buying he told me not to. My concern was getting use out of the volume knob I get to 10 11 and it's loud on my higher sensitive cans 12, 1, 2 on the 1266 and HEDD

Nov 28, 2020 at 9:17 PM Post #773 of 1,022
Yeah, it shouldn't be a problem with zmf cans. Hum is not really a problem on my 300 ohm hd800 either

My ZMF headphones are quiet on Milo. No hum or anything other than beautiful music.

Nov 30, 2020 at 6:13 PM Post #774 of 1,022
Yes, Milo is dead quiet withe VC. When there is no music of course :wink:

Dec 17, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #775 of 1,022
Hi,

I just put money down a new stock milo from a headphone store for my verite opens, i didnt get the khozmo and vishays. Since the store was a hour flight away and we are still in stay-home-if you-can status i did not go to audition. Funny enough the store owner insisted i buy the non khozmo vishay one as it will be more forgiving towards the music i like which is edm pop and rap, he had both versions in store..after reading a number of posts from happy milo owners, should i be worried about volume play being too narrow?

Thanks

Jan 13, 2021 at 1:21 AM Post #777 of 1,022
Hi,

I just put money down a new stock milo from a headphone store for my verite opens, i didnt get the khozmo and vishays. Since the store was a hour flight away and we are still in stay-home-if you-can status i did not go to audition. Funny enough the store owner insisted i buy the non khozmo vishay one as it will be more forgiving towards the music i like which is edm pop and rap, he had both versions in store..after reading a number of posts from happy milo owners, should i be worried about volume play being too narrow?

Thanks
Do not plug your milo directly into the dac or streamer. You could use a pre-amplifier in between your dac and milo and that could improve the sound significantly as well as control the volume of your milo. Hope that helps🙂

Jan 13, 2021 at 2:18 AM Post #780 of 1,022

Users who are viewing this thread

Back