Wells Audio Milo - Impressions And Discussion Thread
Apr 20, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #466 of 1,022
I hope you'll all forgive the spam,...I'm considering selling my Wells Enigma (240v), upgraded with XLR inputs and a really nice Elma 47-stepper. Not 100% sure yet but if anyone is interested, drop me a PM. Cheers.

Apr 20, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #467 of 1,022
I hope you'll all forgive the spam,...I'm considering selling my Wells Enigma (240v), upgraded with XLR inputs and a really nice Elma 47-stepper. Not 100% sure yet but if anyone is interested, drop me a PM. Cheers.

Forgiven... Enigma sounded great at Canjam.

Apr 20, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #469 of 1,022
Very curious about this too. Has anyone heard both?

I haven't heard the MicroZotl2 but I talked to Zach of ZMF. He owns both, he stated in an email to me that the Milo is best sounding ss amp he has heard to date and then added I also like the Microzotl2 but it can't drive some headphones.

His quote on the Milo

It's an amazing sound, so powerful and smooth, I love it, my favorite solid state I've ever had for sure.

Apr 24, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #471 of 1,022
The Milo IS Badass... I just received it today.  First and foremost, Jeff Wells is a class act.  As good as my Milo sounds, He is an even better person.  All I can say is, WOW!  My music has been freed.  I have no ability to comprehend the concept of "end game" as the journey is truly the prize.  Right now, I am going to just enjoy the journey through my music knowing that I have a companion such as the Milo to guide me.  

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #472 of 1,022
Anyone who has taken semi professional looking pics of the Milo and doesn't mind me using them for my upcoming review.. PLEASE pm me. It would be a huge help and of course I will give you credit in the review.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help!

Apr 25, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #473 of 1,022
Considering this amp.  Current headphones HD800S and Z1R.  Nothing power-hungry yet, but down the road I will probably return to orthos but it is not a main motivator for picking an amp.

I'm in between amps right now and borrowing a Headamp GS-X II.  Recent past amp was MicroZOTL-S.  Considering another MicroZ, iCan Pro as well as the loaner GS-X II.

Any way to hear this amp in Washington state?  Trying to break the habit of buying and then selling to hear new things.

I don't necessarily have one particular preference for an amp.  Mainly that I don't want it to be slow and syrupy.  The speed and resolution of the GS-X is top notch.  The soundstage, body and tone of MicroZOTL-S makes it a winner as well.  The MicroZ can also be modded to get even more improvement.  Both are also good preamps.  

I'm really torn these days on an amp between $1500-2500.  Lots of good choices and trying to narrow it down to one.       

Apr 25, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #474 of 1,022
The Milo IS Badass... I just received it today.  First and foremost, Jeff Wells is a class act.  As good as my Milo sounds, He is an even better person.  All I can say is, WOW!  My music has been freed.  I have no ability to comprehend the concept of "end game" as the journey is truly the prize.  Right now, I am going to just enjoy the journey through my music knowing that I have a companion such as the Milo to guide me.  

Correct on all counts. You just wait til your Milo is burned in though...

Apr 25, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #475 of 1,022
Yea Jeff is an awesome dude. And the Milo certainly has the best ratio of power to size that I've seen. Not to mention the sound is spot on too. It was smart of him to come out with it and the price is certainly doable too - only bad part for me is it didn't fit in my rack due to the height so i had to put it on the very top, which wasn't a big deal. It's supposed to be for a desktop anyway. But yea the very light weight and skinny upright design is pretty cool imo.. makes it that much more surprising when you see how much power it pushes.

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #476 of 1,022
I'll be bringing the Milo to the Minneapolis meet this Sunday at Needle Doctor, if anyone in the area is looking to hear it.

Apr 28, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #477 of 1,022
Looking forward to spending some time with the Milo this weekend

xxxxxxxx.JPG

Apr 29, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #478 of 1,022
I am noticing a static type of sound since I received a replacement cable for one that went bad. What could be the problem?

I do not hear it in all music, but I think it is because it is drowned out by the type of music. Is it PC noise? I do have a brickwall surge protector. Maybe I will plug the Milo to the wall outlet directly and see if it goes away.

JRiver Media>USB>Jitterbug>Uptone Regen>Metrum Musette>AudioQuest Cobra>Milo>ZMF XLR cable>ZMF Eikon.

Apr 29, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #480 of 1,022
I am noticing a static type of sound since I received a replacement cable for one that went bad. What could be the problem?

I do not hear it in all music, but I think it is because it is drowned out by the type of music. Is it PC noise? I do have a brickwall surge protector. Maybe I will plug the Milo to the wall outlet directly and see if it goes away.

JRiver Media>USB>Jitterbug>Uptone Regen>Metrum Musette>AudioQuest Cobra>Milo>ZMF XLR cable>ZMF Eikon.

Make sure there are no digital devices like cell phones within maybe a foot of the amp. Also try moving it away from your Dac a bit if they're side by side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back