Welcome to the SchiitShow!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 15, 2015 at 6:15 AM Post #407 of 475
  check the tweets of computeraudiophile

Thanks. 849 for M2 and 1249 for G2. Wonder how trickled down is the G2 compared to the Yggy? 

Aug 15, 2015 at 7:11 AM Post #408 of 475
Arg the anticipation is killing me. I need to know what new and fantastic schiit is going to be released. I am in audiophile distress. Should I get a dac for the liquid Carbon or should I go for MrSpeaker's new closed back headphone the ETHER C , the c is for carbon. The rational me says to get a dac and sit on my money and just enjoy what I have. The irrational me says go for another pair of heaphones. I think I will just kick back and truly enjoy what I have. This hobby is so addictive lol.

Aug 15, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #409 of 475
Arg the anticipation is killing me. I need to know what new and fantastic schiit is going to be released. I am in audiophile distress. Should I get a dac for the liquid Carbon or should I go for MrSpeaker's new closed back headphone the ETHER C , the c is for carbon. The rational me says to get a dac and sit on my money and just enjoy what I have. The irrational me says go for another pair of heaphones. I think I will just kick back and truly enjoy what I have. This hobby is so addictive lol.

Sent you a PM

Aug 15, 2015 at 8:48 AM Post #410 of 475
What could LISST stand for? Lithium Ion Solid State Tube?

EDIT: I've never heard of anyone using battery technology for amplification, but it's possible!

Obviously SST is solid state tubes. I'm thinking maybe LI stands for Limited interference, or low impedance or something. I dunno. Could be Lithium-ion too.

Also for those wondering, SS tubes are basically dual-FET circuits being fed bipolar current (just like a triode) that ouput to a MOSFET converter. It eliminates transistors in the line, but isn't a vacuum tube either. Harmonic distortion curves resemble vacuum tubes more closely, but with the benefits of Ss and FET electronics. Some old microphones use this type of implementation. (Just my limited knowledge of SS tubes. They're not real common in personal audio, and I'm no expert)

Also kinda hope that whole thing didn't cause any issues between Dan and Schiit... I sorta was looking forward to the surprise tbh.

Aug 15, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #411 of 475
Haha, unless schiit has figured out a continuous motion machine, I've never heard of anyone using battery technology for amplification!

Obviously SST is solid state tubes. I'm thinking maybe LI stands for Limited interference, or low impedance or something. I dunno.

Also for those wondering, SS tubes are basically dual-FET circuits being fed bipolar current (just like a triode) that ouput to a MOSFET converter. It eliminates transistors in the line, but isn't a vacuum tube either. Harmonic distortion curves resemble vacuum tubes more closely, but with the benefits of Ss and FET electronics. Some old microphones use this type of implementation. (Just my limited knowledge of SS tubes. They're not real common in personal audio, and I'm no expert)

Also kinda hope that whole thing didn't cause any issues between Dan and Schiit... I sorta was looking forward to the surprise tbh.

You should check out Vinnie Rossi's LIO then.  Going battery is a great way to condition power...

Aug 15, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #412 of 475
You should check out Vinnie Rossi's LIO then.  Going battery is a great way to condition power...

Hm. Interesting. I suppose running power through a battery could have some interesting effects, though I don't know enough about the application of battery technology to audio amplification to really say anything intelligent here.

I do wonder - would they be using traditional liquid electrolyte, or SS lithium-ion substitutes? The tech is pretty new, so I have to imagine it'd be traditional electrolyte. Do you have any links to Vinny Ross' stuff?

Aug 15, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #415 of 475

This is based off the removed images, so the information may be missing bits. Hope this doesn't get removed, but:

Mjolnir 2
$849
Balanced tube or solid-state hybrid headphone amplifier
8w/32 ohms | Single-ended output | Selectable inputs | Preamp outputs | Gain switching | (unreadable etc.)
The first tube hybrid or solid state headphone amp. Lisst(sp?) solid state tubes also compatible with Lyr 2. Front panel grin(sp?) and input switching.

That was "Front panel Gain and Input switching".

But grinning is OK, too.

Aug 15, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #416 of 475
Did a little reading up on stuff. Turns out lithium ion can be used in capacitors. You learn something new every day.

OTOH it could be low impedance due to implementation of bipolar FETs. (Although FETs are inherently high impedance) perhaps bipolar FET implementation changes how that works. I'm no FET expert though.

Aug 15, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #418 of 475
  Wonder how trickled down is the G2 compared to the Yggy? 

The main difference is that the Gungnir Multibit will use four 18-bit Analog Devices R2R dacs per unit.

I'm pretty sure Jason told me (a couple months ago) that the regular Gungnir's can be upgraded to a Multibit by swapping out the DAC boards.

We'll all know for sure in couple more hours!
biggrin.gif

Aug 15, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #420 of 475
For what it's worth the leak was not Dan's fault, it was mine. I didn't know everything was embargoed until today at 10am PDT. I tried to redact everything when I found out but it was too late people had screen caps and Google caches. I feel horrible. *hangs head in shame*

It is what it is.  I was, however, on my way to bed when the first picture popped up [you bast*** - kidding].  There's a lot of hype and excitement behind this and people are truly excited about some new interesting products.  If anything, I think it will only enhance the interest.  Granted, I just bought a Rag this week.  Though, I knew stuff was coming.  I also couldn't help myself.  I'm sure we're all excited to hear more about it.  Especially this electrical engineer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back