Welcome to the SchiitShow!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 15, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #421 of 475
For what it's worth the leak was not Dan's fault, it was mine. I didn't know everything was embargoed until today at 10am PDT. I tried to redact everything when I found out but it was too late people had screen caps and Google caches. I feel horrible. *hangs head in shame*

In all fairness it is 1028 Panama** Daylight Time, hehe okay I'm sitting at Tocumen Airport in Panama stalking this thread and waiting for the goods to be released. My flight departs at 1248 and still no gate # assigned. Argh im like a robot walking back and forth to check the flight schedules.

Oh and now that know it is multi-bit, the next question is does it use the Sharc DSP or no DSP? I guess I'll find out when I get to Miami.

Aug 15, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #422 of 475

The main difference is that the Gungnir Multibit will use four 18-bit Analog Devices R2R dacs per unit.

I'm pretty sure Jason told me (a couple months ago) that the regular Gungnir's can be upgraded to a Multibit by swapping out the DAC boards.

We'll all know for sure in couple more hours!
biggrin.gif

Thanks. I hope it will sound as close as Yggy (or better!) 
biggrin.gif

Aug 15, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #423 of 475
In all fairness it is 1028 Panama** Daylight Time, hehe okay I'm sitting at Tocumen Airport in Panama stalking this thread and waiting for the goods to be released. My flight departs at 1248 and still no gate # assigned. Argh im like a robot walking back and forth to check the flight schedules.

Oh and now that know it is multi-bit, the next question is does it use the Sharc DSP or no DSP? I guess I'll find out when I get to Miami.

The sign said DSP filter. Mike has said too that the other multibit DACs will use the "superburrito" closed-form filter.

Aug 15, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #424 of 475
Also, perhaps this is an odd request, but I would be thrilled at pictures/impressions of the menu. I know Jason to be a foodie (hey, it's exciting when folks know what molecular gastronomy is!) so perhaps someone could indulge me (pun intended) somewhere in the slew of gear pics/posts I'm sure will be flooding in later today.

Aug 15, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #425 of 475
I'd love a live stream, or at least some live tweeting with pics...

Aug 15, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #426 of 475
Aug 15, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #428 of 475
Where are the updates? I have been waiting patiently in PA for something more official.... but I've had enough. Cmon folks! Somebody....

The show hasn't even started yet.

Aug 15, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #429 of 475
29 pages of Schiit Show conversation. I think that is cool. So, is Jason going to strut out on stage like Steve Jobs? Not the dead one. Mike's new t-shirt. Let me put a DAC extender in your Gungnir. 

Aug 15, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #430 of 475
Did anyone camp out at the show location overnight to be first in line or anything? 

Aug 15, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #432 of 475
The show hasn't even started yet.

Are you attending the show sir. I hope you are, I appreciate your educated opinions.

Aug 15, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #433 of 475
Are you attending the show sir. I hope you are, I appreciate your educated opinions.

Unfortunately due to some health issues I could not make it.  So I wait for news like everyone else.  :)

Aug 15, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #434 of 475
29 pages of Schiit Show conversation. I think that is cool. So, is Jason going to strut out on stage like Steve Jobs? Not the dead one. Mike's new t-shirt. Let me put a DAC extender in your Gungnir. 

I can just imagine Jason in a Black turtleneck and jeans, and Mike walking around telling everyone "can you believe this guy?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back