Welcome to the SchiitShow!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 21, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #91 of 475
I'm hoping for a Magni/Modi sized power supply with maybe 3 outputs, to replace the wall warts. 

I'm really looking forward to seeing what they came up with!

Jul 21, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #92 of 475
Mystery 1. Expect to wrap your mind around a couple of new concepts with this one. It’s really hard to say anything more about this…but consider that one component of it will be compatible with some of our other products.

Mystery 2. I’ve said I’ve been working on a new balanced topology, and that will be incorporated into one of the planned mystery products. It does not replace anything we’re currently selling, but it does take us in some surprising new directions. And that’s all I’ll say about that.

Mystery 3. And expect something that nobody is expecting from us. I can’t say more.

And, of course, there are a couple of wild cards, too…we’ll see what happens with those as we get further along in development."

Mystery 1: The Magni/Modi sized power supply I mentioned above maybe?  Or Asgard size?  Could be a power supply and Wyrd in one chassis?

Mystery 2: Balanced preamp or balanced budget integrated amp?

Mystery 3: Combined desktop DAC/Amp?

Jul 21, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #94 of 475
I'm hoping for a nice big boombox....

Something that merges source, dac, and amp with today's cutting edge technology.

A big unit that you can proudly carry on your shoulder; that lets your neighbors enjoy your music with you.

It would be a statement piece.  As they say, what's old is new....:)

Jul 21, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #95 of 475
Darn, on the wrong Coast! Looking forward to the announcements !! 
beerchug.gif

Jul 21, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #96 of 475
  That would be interesting.  Or even a hybridized version of the Ragnarok.  Or tube buffered Yggy.  
biggrin.gif
  I'd take both.

I think Jason said a while ago he would never do a tube dac. But a tube Ragnarok would be a welcome addition!

Jul 21, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #97 of 475
Sounds really good.

Hopefully I can be there,

6 hours driving from SF to LA T.T

Jul 21, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #100 of 475
A remote control? :)

Jul 21, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #101 of 475
Doubt it. As mentioned before, they do have an "amp/DAC" combo: magni/modi, Asgard/bifrost... etc.

I don't see schiit selling out simply to snipe sales from other companies.

And again people miss the point.

I'm referring to an all in one piece.

Selling out? What are you on about? Targeting a new segment for people that don't want to 'stack' gear when one single component can do the same thing? Yeah, selling out. :rolleyes:

They did it with the Fulla, they can sure as hell move up to a higher performing device.

"OMGZ, Schiit made a dac/amp, such loserz, eww!"

Plenty of people love minimalistic gear. Why have two, when you can have one that does it all? Yes, there are people who DON'T buy Schiit, because they haven't made a higher perfmoring dac/amp yet.

Enough with the audio snobbery. Schiit stated they wouldn't do amp/dac in the past, yet we got the Fulla. Times are changing, get over it.

Jul 22, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #103 of 475
I don't see portable dac/amp, since isn't that what the Fulla is? I foresee something more like a Modi/Magni all in one, or maybe something more like a Modi/Asgard all in one. At least That's what I'd like to see.

never mind: You meant like fully portable. Yeah, I see that as a possibility. Like a Fiio E17 type device.

Jul 22, 2015 at 1:14 AM Post #104 of 475
And again people miss the point.

I'm referring to an all in one piece.

Selling out? What are you on about? Targeting a new segment for people that don't want to 'stack' gear when one single component can do the same thing? Yeah, selling out.
rolleyes.gif

They did it with the Fulla, they can sure as hell move up to a higher performing device.

"OMGZ, Schiit made a dac/amp, such loserz, eww!"

Plenty of people love minimalistic gear. Why have two, when you can have one that does it all? Yes, there are people who DON'T buy Schiit, because they haven't made a higher perfmoring dac/amp yet.

Enough with the audio snobbery. Schiit stated they wouldn't do amp/dac in the past, yet we got the Fulla. Times are changing, get over it.

I don't think selling out is the right term too, but I also don't think Schiit will come out with a desktop DAC/Amp in the near future, if ever. The reasoning from the get go for not combining the amp and dac into a single case is that it's very restrictive. If ever a better DAC or amp comes out, you'll have to change the whole unit, it's a waste. In fact, that's why all their DACs are modular, if you ever need to upgrade to a better USB card, or DAC, you can just swap out the affected component for a new one, no need to replace the entire thing. Based on this, I don't think Schiit will come out with a DAC/amp.

If you had read Schiit Happened, you would know that Fulla actually started out as a side project. Jason was working on prototypes named Valkyries, and decided what the heck, how small can I make a DAC/amp be? That became the dingleberry prototype. TL:DR, at the end of the day, there were too many problems with the Valkyries and only the Fulla/Dingleberry work right, so he decided to turn it into reality. In this case, for Fulla to be as portable as possible, and to keep costs down, it makes more sense to combine both DAC and amp into a single case.

So no, I won't see that Fulla is a sign of changing time. 

Two new products:

Pre-Amp
Portable DAC / headphone Amp

One upgrade:
Bifrost board based on new Yggy chip

It's NOT headphones.

Pre-amp, highly possible because Jason has expressed interest in that idea before.

Portable DAC/amp (I'm assuming with a battery), I doubt so because Jason said before they are not interested in battery-tech at the moment, and they won't ever do a portable gear until they can do it much better than what others are doing. I hope I'm wrong on this, I won't mind a new portable dac/amp, especially a powerful unit that can power orthodynamics cans.

Upgrade board for bifrost, again, I hope this to be true, but I don't think it will be. It seems like Schiit will be announcing 3 brand new products, not an upgrade. Again, I fervently hope I'm wrong.

Jul 22, 2015 at 1:56 AM Post #105 of 475
Lets hope it will be a portable DAC/AMP for IEM's that rivals the Oppo HA2 or something related to Tubes!  That would be interesting. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back