Welcome to the SchiitShow!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 21, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #76 of 475
   We want Schiit Planar Headphones.

Photoshop I mean REAL picture is being made now.

The first early announcement from Schiit is their new smart phone, the 'iSchiit.'

It is the first smartphone to feature Schiit's patented circlotron amplification topology. It can also output balanced and unbalanced audio!
Finally, you can bring your high-end planars with you during your daily commute.
(Notice: May not fit in your pocket. May have sharp edges. May cause burns.)

Jul 21, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #79 of 475
I could see MrSpeakers and Schiit teaming up to release a headphone together (like Massdrop/AKG, Fostex/Denon, etc.).  I don't think Schiit has the setup and experience to develop one from the ground up, and that is where Dan comes in.

Both based in California, both small startup-style companies, both focusing on locally made and crafted gear, both have huge followings on here.

Plus, at any meet, you always see MrSpeakers table with Schiit gear.  And Dan has discontinued his former line and is looking to develop a new line with Ether, etc.

Seems like a natural partnership to me.

Jul 21, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #80 of 475
Mystery 1. Expect to wrap your mind around a couple of new concepts with this one. It’s really hard to say anything more about this…but consider that one component of it will be compatible with some of our other products.

Mystery 2. I’ve said I’ve been working on a new balanced topology, and that will be incorporated into one of the planned mystery products. It does not replace anything we’re currently selling, but it does take us in some surprising new directions. And that’s all I’ll say about that.

Mystery 3. And expect something that nobody is expecting from us. I can’t say more.

And, of course, there are a couple of wild cards, too…we’ll see what happens with those as we get further along in development."

1. A Smaller Ragnarok That's Just a Power Amp with some Obscure Design that was came to fruition When Jason Was being Abducted By leprechauns and or Aliens and forced to drink Scotch Non stop a few Months Ago. or maybe an Upgradable Integrated Amp/Preamp. Of course It Must Use Flux Capacitors and Have a Adimantium Chassis For the Ultimate heat dispersion.

2 I don't do much with Balanced so I cant dream anything good up here.

3.A Complete Shot in the Dark-  A Combo Desktop DAC/Amp But with Individually replaceable Boards. Modi2/ Modi 2 U/Loki and Vali/Magni/.Magni2U All Seem to use the same form Factor. 

Follow me here lets say there is a Modi 3 Super Uber  or a Vali Deuce thats released 2 years from now. Its a Board swap (hopefully cheaper than a whole unit) and you are off and running. This gives You a DAC/AMP combo that may be the solution to the throwaway upgrade option Schiit is Against. Schiit has established with the Multiple USB Boards and the Bifrost they can and do follow through with the upgrades to their products.  Hell it could Even Be A chassis with a nice power supply that we can put those boards into.

Enough of Lala Land, I Don't know if this makes Any engineering sense or any sense at all for that matter but since we are speculating I went off the rails a bit.

Jul 21, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #81 of 475
  Tube amp in EC2A3Mk4/EC445/ECBA/ApexTeton territory @ Schiit's pricing

That would be interesting.  Or even a hybridized version of the Ragnarok.  Or tube buffered Yggy.  
biggrin.gif
  I'd take both.

Jul 21, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #83 of 475
Everyone know wearables are the next big thing in electronics.  I think Schiit is going to get into the wearables market.  But instead of doing a fitness thing on your wrist, which is a crowded market and a crowded body part, I think they're going to focus on something unique.  It's going to be a DAC/amp that you can clip to your headphone band and it's going to sit right on top like a hat.  

Coming soon:  the Schiit Head.

Jul 21, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #84 of 475
  Everyone know wearables are the next big thing in electronics.  I think Schiit is going to get into the wearables market.  But instead of doing a fitness thing on your wrist, which is a crowded market and a crowded body part, I think they're going to focus on something unique.  It's going to be a DAC/amp that you can clip to your headphone band and it's going to sit right on top like a hat.  

Coming soon:  the Schiit Head.

Millinery? I don't think they would go that far. Not much sales potential.

Jul 21, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #85 of 475
  Millinery? I don't think they would go that far. Not much sales potential.

Would love to know how hard Jason laughed when he saw this picture. 
wink.gif

Jul 21, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #86 of 475
That would be interesting.  Or even a hybridized version of the Ragnarok.  Or tube buffered Yggy.  :D   I'd take both.

I'll vote for tube buffered Yggy junior or an R2R Gungnir with tube buffer... To make it unique, colour it red.

Jul 21, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #87 of 475
Also, a USB-SPDIF converter as used in Yggy. Don't forget the red colour. :)

Jul 21, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #89 of 475

Mystery 1. Expect to wrap your mind around a couple of new concepts with this one. It’s really hard to say anything more about this…but consider that one component of it will be compatible with some of our other products.

Mystery 3. And expect something that nobody is expecting from us. I can’t say more.

Entry level turntable.  Works with Mani (see Mystery 1) and no one is expecting that (Mystery 2).

All this talk of mysteries puts me in mind of religion.    The Church of Holy Schiit anyone?

Jul 21, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #90 of 475
Prognostications.....

1. The [REDACTED} sees the light of day - finally.

2. Better bring along a can opener, because it's a real can of worms.

3. A totally off-the-wall re-engineered version of the Wyrd. Naturally ir will be called "Really Wyrd"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back