Welcome to the SchiitShow!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 22, 2015 at 2:11 AM Post #106 of 475
I would absolutely love to come, but it's a $300 plane trip and I need to save money where I can for the Yggy. I'll read all those impressions and weep I guess. I'll be making it to the big show, whatever that one in San Fran is next year though. Hopefully everything in this show'll be there, if it isn't old news by then. :p

Jul 22, 2015 at 2:52 AM Post #109 of 475
Hype train begun without even knowing what it is hypeing :D.

Jul 22, 2015 at 3:37 AM Post #110 of 475
  Hype train begun without even knowing what it is hypeing :D.

I can't think of any Schiit products that aren't hyped all to hell except maybe the SYS (and honestly, I love my SYS!).  lol

Jul 22, 2015 at 3:44 AM Post #111 of 475

I can't think of any Schiit products that aren't hyped all to hell except maybe the SYS (and honestly, I love my SYS!).  lol

IMHO, they deserve to be. Meanwhile, many other products do not but still get hyped. Pick your poison schiit right! :D

Jul 22, 2015 at 4:59 AM Post #113 of 475
I hope for something i would buy:
1. Portable fulla with battery for 100$
2. Power conditioner for 500$ what is same good as other producer's 5000$ product.

3.  Tube output upgrade for yggdrasil to bybass JFET buffers.

Jul 22, 2015 at 7:03 AM Post #114 of 475
I see that Jason has said in his blog that the (Redacted) would be one of the new items. Please folks, when the product page on your website goes live, make the description 2x as long and half blacked out. The running gag must continue.

Jul 22, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #115 of 475
  Hey @Jason Stoddard...I know you are planning on hosting the event in sunny CA, but can I interest you in a similar event in lovely Detroit, MI? We have plenty of world-class microbreweries here!
atsmile.gif

@Jason Stoddard or TAVES (Toronto)...yup I won't quit...your northern brothers are a callin'

Jul 22, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #117 of 475
Oh man, I'm so excited about that [REDACTED]. It seems many think this is the new Schiity product!
biggrin.gif

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #119 of 475
Here's an idea.

I want a Wyrd with DSP/EQ - do EQ in the digital domain before it hits the DAC. Bonus points:
- save a number of presets
- make it possible to save and load presets from a USB stick so people can share them and argue incessantly about the best ones. This would be perma-hype for the brand.

Jul 22, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #120 of 475
This is directly from Jason's book "school happened." He also talks about various other ideas/solicitations that (be cause he talked about them!) obviously can't be the three products. The only thoughts I have are:

Inexpensive fully balanced Dac/amp/other? Jason was talking about some interesting balanced stuff. Still, they have Mjolnir and Gungnir, so why do an amp/Dac? Still my best money is we haven't seen the last of the balanced (or the tech from Rag/Yggy)

More integrated amps? Or perhaps an integrated preamp/headamp? Still this seems predictable. Perhaps a preamp/DAC? I'm not sure how likely I find this suggestion either though. Mike did the cobalt a long time ago, why redo it?

Power supply cleaner? I dunno if I'm sold on this guess. Not exciting enough, BUT it might be one function of one of the products. They've already done a little of this with Wyrd. This of course leads me to speculate that perhaps these are devices that serve multiple purposes? What that would look like is anyone's guess.

CD/DVD players? It would be unexpected, but I don't think it's really plausible.

That's all I've got besides "something totally new!"
For now we're just along for the ride. You could say we're "cling-ons."

"What we won't do:

Transducers

Surround/Multichannel Audio

DAPs

Let’s get this off the table first: Gen 3 products? Nope, you won’t see any in 2015.

As I mentioned before, upgrading Asgard 2 to Asgard 3 would be a monumentally different thing than going from 1-2. We’ve addressed pretty much all of the first generation’s limitations within the product budget. So, don’t plan for an A3 next year.

Mystery 1. Expect to wrap your mind around a couple of new concepts with this one. It’s really hard to say anything more about this…but consider that one component of it will be compatible with some of our other products.

Mystery 2. I’ve said I’ve been working on a new balanced topology, and that will be incorporated into one of the planned mystery products. It does not replace anything we’re currently selling, but it does take us in some surprising new directions. And that’s all I’ll say about that.

Mystery 3. And expect something that nobody is expecting from us. I can’t say more.

And, of course, there are a couple of wild cards, too…we’ll see what happens with those as we get further along in development."

I'm calling inexpensive balanced.  I could have sworn I saw a blurred out amp that had balanced cables in one of the Schiit picture posts a while back.  I called it and there was silence.  Crossing my fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back