Welcome to the SchiitShow!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 21, 2015 at 6:22 AM Post #61 of 475
One will be a Desktop dac/amp.

Calling it now. They were against it at first, but with the release of the Fulla, those old prejudices have turned into Schiit sniping some sales from other companies in a segment for audiophiles that WANT all-in-ones.

They've basically got everything else covered, and this would be one of the only areas that they lack a product for.

Jul 21, 2015 at 6:49 AM Post #62 of 475

Calling it now. They were against it at first, but with the release of the Fulla, those old prejudices have turned into Schiit sniping some sales from other companies in a segment for audiophiles that WANT all-in-ones.

They've basically got everything else covered, and this would be one of the only areas that they lack a product for.

+1

And maybe an Iphone/Android DAC/AMP ? The market is simply booming!

Jul 21, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #63 of 475
Finally, Schiit is launching their free amp/DAC program! Free hardware for everyone! ...Or not >.>.

I like the ideas of DAC/amp combinations, and upgrades to the Bifrost and Gungnir. Could you imagine if they were upgraded to Yggdrasil performance? O.O
Hmm..what about a Schiit soundcard for PCs? Forget about USB. Nah, too much software.

I would laugh if Schiit decided to make their own headphones. I think I'll use Photoshop to show how I'd imagine they would look.

Jul 21, 2015 at 7:28 AM Post #64 of 475
I don't think it'll be a product update because when they say "new" I think they mean totally new, as in something they've never made before. I also bet it won't be an e-stat amp because they've always said they would never make one...but I'd love to be wrong about this one :) My bet is that one of them is an amp with a new inherently balanced topology ( I think Jason's alluded to it before...) and that maybe it uses SiC FETs. Or tubes. Or both. Who knows! Really looking forward to the reveal.

Jul 21, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #65 of 475
Vacuum cleaners, that's what their new products are. And yes, the power switch will remain on back.

Jul 21, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #67 of 475
  E-Stat amp and a new DAC/amp combo would be interesting.

I would love to see an E-Stat amp from Schiit also. But I think  Jason mentioned at one time that they didn't care to go there...

Jul 21, 2015 at 8:50 AM Post #68 of 475

Doubt it. As mentioned before, they do have an "amp/DAC" combo: magni/modi, Asgard/bifrost... etc.

I don't see schiit selling out simply to snipe sales from other companies.

Jul 21, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #70 of 475
Boy, a thread full of guesses.  If you want clues, you should all be reading Jason's book.......

Jul 21, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #71 of 475
Man that's great news, wish I lived closer. My wallet should live in fear, because it will squeal like a pig, on August 15.

Jul 21, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #72 of 475
Jul 21, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #73 of 475
Jul 21, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #74 of 475
Schiit has said before, and have said just recently that they see no logic in having a DAC+Amp combo piece, especially for desktop gears. The biggest disadvantage of combo pieces is that if you want to replace either the DAC or the amp, you'll have to replace the whole piece, so they will much rather keep them separate. I won't be expecting any combo pieces from them any time soon. Maybe a portable unit if they ever find interest in it (which they also said before they have no interest to, given the available choices out there).

They don't like to do what their competitors are doing, they rather do what no one else is doing. So when you say that their competitors have many XX, there is a good chance Schiit is not going to come out with XX, unless they can come out with a revolutionary XX (like the Yggdrasil).

+1 Well said sir. I too wanted a dac/ amp combo, however I do not want to put all my eggs into one basket. Its best to keep desktop products separate, so one can have the versatility of upgrading either component.

Jul 21, 2015 at 9:43 AM Post #75 of 475
This is directly from Jason's book "school happened." He also talks about various other ideas/solicitations that (be cause he talked about them!) obviously can't be the three products. The only thoughts I have are:

Inexpensive fully balanced Dac/amp/other? Jason was talking about some interesting balanced stuff. Still, they have Mjolnir and Gungnir, so why do an amp/Dac? Still my best money is we haven't seen the last of the balanced (or the tech from Rag/Yggy)

More integrated amps? Or perhaps an integrated preamp/headamp? Still this seems predictable. Perhaps a preamp/DAC? I'm not sure how likely I find this suggestion either though. Mike did the cobalt a long time ago, why redo it?

Power supply cleaner? I dunno if I'm sold on this guess. Not exciting enough, BUT it might be one function of one of the products. They've already done a little of this with Wyrd. This of course leads me to speculate that perhaps these are devices that serve multiple purposes? What that would look like is anyone's guess.

CD/DVD players? It would be unexpected, but I don't think it's really plausible.

That's all I've got besides "something totally new!"
For now we're just along for the ride. You could say we're "cling-ons."

"What we won't do:

Transducers

Surround/Multichannel Audio

DAPs

Let’s get this off the table first: Gen 3 products? Nope, you won’t see any in 2015.

As I mentioned before, upgrading Asgard 2 to Asgard 3 would be a monumentally different thing than going from 1-2. We’ve addressed pretty much all of the first generation’s limitations within the product budget. So, don’t plan for an A3 next year.

Mystery 1. Expect to wrap your mind around a couple of new concepts with this one. It’s really hard to say anything more about this…but consider that one component of it will be compatible with some of our other products.

Mystery 2. I’ve said I’ve been working on a new balanced topology, and that will be incorporated into one of the planned mystery products. It does not replace anything we’re currently selling, but it does take us in some surprising new directions. And that’s all I’ll say about that.

Mystery 3. And expect something that nobody is expecting from us. I can’t say more.

And, of course, there are a couple of wild cards, too…we’ll see what happens with those as we get further along in development."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back