WEE - new product from Woo Audio
Aug 17, 2010 at 7:09 PM Post #46 of 211
Oh man... I am seriously excited for this. I inherited an ampless pair of Stax 'phones a while back but haven't had the time / $$$ to get them up and running.

This opens up a whole new can of amp/cable worms - it's going to be fun to experiment with various combinations
biggrin.gif
. I wonder how things will sound with a 500wpc PS Audio amp vs. Manley Stingray vs. NAD 3020 etc...

Aug 17, 2010 at 9:57 PM Post #47 of 211
Did you use the prototype unit? If it is true then is a good news. Because the pre-production unit is better.

Aug 22, 2010 at 7:35 PM Post #48 of 211
Seamaster – I think Jack Woo perfectly know what he does and I think he is going present very serious device for all who own one excellent amp for loudspeakers or electrodynamic headphones and this person want „join“ electrostats - STAX.

Aug 23, 2010 at 6:25 AM Post #50 of 211
[size=x-small]Not that I can afford any of this level of gear, but if it turns out to be a winning combination sonically the WA5 + WEE would seem like a bit of a "Holy Grail" rig - dynamics, speakers, electrostatics - it would do them all. Add a Meier Stage DAC to the set up for cross feed and that could be my ideal set up… One day maybe...[/size]

Aug 23, 2010 at 2:17 PM Post #51 of 211

Quote:
[size=x-small]Not that I can afford any of this level of gear, but if it turns out to be a winning combination sonically the WA5 + WEE would seem like a bit of a "Holy Grail" rig - dynamics, speakers, electrostatics - it would do them all. Add a Meier Stage DAC to the set up for cross feed and that could be my ideal set up… One day maybe...[/size]

+1

One day...

Aug 26, 2010 at 7:31 PM Post #55 of 211
Congrats and welcome to the forum thewhale.. 

I have to ask, who are you asking about the possibility?  Jack or your wife?

Cheers,

Aug 27, 2010 at 1:01 AM Post #56 of 211

Maybe Leben + Wee also "Holy Grail"....  Hee Hee
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Aug 27, 2010 at 7:21 PM Post #57 of 211
This is a fairly interesting concept, how would the "best" of the speaker amps running a WEE to stax compare to dedicated stax amps... I know that my unmodded stax transformer box running off an average speaker amp sounds woeful...

Any info on the transformers that you are using Jack? are they custom?

Aug 27, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #60 of 211
[size=11pt]Eugenius – it depends on exchange relation between dollar and your national curency. This device is not only simple exchange of signal, there are used serious high quality components and concept. First generation is more pricy because the development and research (prototypes) does the cost for Jack Woo, but after building of serious number devices the price can go down. I think, it is great idea that Jack is interested on device like this one.[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back