Wearing Sennheiser IE8 Upside down = better isolation + fit!
Dec 30, 2008 at 10:27 PM Post #31 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruits /img/forum/go_quote.gif
moseboy il leave it up to the experts on here to comment on the sound
wink_face.gif
I just enjoy it
beerchug.gif

Good deal. I respect that
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: Hah... I just got a security call from my bank because me buying my IE8 came up as a suspicious purchase. The lady asked me if I had just bought something from Advanced MP3 Players and before she could even finish the question I was like "Heeeell yeah I did."
biggrin.gif

...Not really, but I almost did.

Dec 30, 2008 at 10:35 PM Post #32 of 144
Well just listened to Bon Ivers album in flac on my iriverh340 with EQ at zero for 1st time in about 4 yrs.
L3000.gif
IE8s set at level 3, totally blown away, amazing. You wont regret getting these babies.
wink.gif
Need to try out on the Fuze next to compare.
Over the ear for me.

Dec 30, 2008 at 10:39 PM Post #33 of 144
I just like that you can switch between both styles, and so easily too.

I'm so excited to get mine
biggrin.gif
. I wish I could see pictures of how they fit in the ear.

Dec 30, 2008 at 11:09 PM Post #34 of 144
So is there any way to get the IE8s to isolate really well? Like as well as the Klipsch X10?

Dec 30, 2008 at 11:18 PM Post #35 of 144
Isolation is fine for me, i was in town yesterday listening at a normal level (for me) and i could only hear cars when they drove up right beside me about a foot or 2 away, couldnt hear any talk or anything else. Just right for me, i like to hear when im about to be hit by a car lol. Ive been told Comply tips help isolation alot, im getting some soon to try. Its certainly not an issue for me, im just getting the complys to see if i can get even more comfort although its pretty good as it is.

Dec 30, 2008 at 11:25 PM Post #36 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by schneller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So is there any way to get the IE8s to isolate really well? Like as well as the Klipsch X10?

if you put comply's on them I am sure you get plenty of isolation

Dec 30, 2008 at 11:29 PM Post #37 of 144
When you do get the Complys, I'd like to hear how they make the IE8 sound. At this point, I am unfortunately guessing that they make it sound worse based on my experience with the Complys and my SE530, but I'd love to find out I'm wrong.

Dec 30, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #39 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruits /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried wearing them both ways when i first got them and they sounded the same. Just tried again whilst listening to Daft Punk and sounds identical to me, but i find over the ear more comfortable, it fits my ear better. I must have strange ears lol
wink.gif

I guess you are not the only one Fruits. I'm another who's confused by all the amazing feedbacks of this wearing method...

From the first day i received my IE8, i've been wearing them the "upside-down" way when at home/work, i.e. when i'm not walking much, and wearing them the "Sennheiser-intended" way when i go out -- less microphonics indeed.

After reading this post and all the feedbacks i've tried to compare the difference again, and still found them sound identical to me...

Dec 30, 2008 at 11:57 PM Post #40 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just like that you can switch between both styles, and so easily too.

I'm so excited to get mine
biggrin.gif
. I wish I could see pictures of how they fit in the ear.

Yes to my experience I love how u can wear them both way easily. yeh i might get to post some pics when i got home with my camera.

oh and i wear glasses too sometimes, and both wearing ways dont have a problem with that at all.

Dec 31, 2008 at 12:11 AM Post #41 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by vedye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes to my experience I love how u can wear them both way easily. yeh i might get to post some pics when i got home with my camera.

oh and i wear glasses too sometimes, and both wearing ways dont have a problem with that at all.

Cool, I look forward to it.

Dec 31, 2008 at 12:51 PM Post #42 of 144
Quote:

I'M TRYING
biggrin.gif

Advanced MP3 Players is out of stock, and I don't even know if their price is the best as far as cost of the IE8 + shipping to the US. I'll just go ahead and put an order in if I can't find a better deal.

Here's where i got mine:http://http://www.askdirect.co.uk/uv...earch&l=20&f=0

Dec 31, 2008 at 12:55 PM Post #43 of 144
Quote:

I wonder what Sennheiser would say about so many people getting better results wearing them that way....

Oh, and is there more than one coupon I can enter at Advanced MP3 Players when I order my IE8, or is it just the one "listenlive" coupon?

I've got the 20% off coupon from AdvancedMp3Players in front of me, and it says clearly in the corner:
Please Note: IE8 earphones not included in 20% off offer.

Sorry!

Dec 31, 2008 at 1:22 PM Post #45 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oooh, detachable cable.

Re-cabling here I come!

X2 on that one
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back