Wearing Sennheiser IE8 Upside down = better isolation + fit!
Dec 30, 2008 at 6:59 PM Post #16 of 144
i see what you mean. but the back sides of the IE8 are identicle so if you turn them downwards and have the left on right ear and vice versa the fit is exactly the same. the only reason you would change the cables is for the channels. which is what i did and didn't realize the need for that at first. i have changed the cables though.

and no there isn't a special way to change the cables just pull them off n place them on the other phone. as simple as 1-2-3.

Dec 30, 2008 at 7:07 PM Post #17 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blacksad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh and geez, just buy these!
biggrin.gif

I'M TRYING
biggrin.gif

Advanced MP3 Players is out of stock, and I don't even know if their price is the best as far as cost of the IE8 + shipping to the US. I'll just go ahead and put an order in if I can't find a better deal.

Dec 30, 2008 at 7:19 PM Post #18 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'M TRYING
biggrin.gif

Advanced MP3 Players is out of stock, and I don't even know if their price is the best as far as cost of the IE8 + shipping to the US. I'll just go ahead and put an order in if I can't find a better deal.

okay okay lol..

Anyway, i switched the cables, now the music sounds allready much more familiar! Voices seem alooot better then they used to, soundstage is insane, details details! ....Still not sure..

No heck, i'm sure now, this IS the way these are meant to be worn! HUGE difference, the bass is more forward, but also tighter.. All of this becouse of a better seal.. Nice!

Dec 30, 2008 at 7:52 PM Post #19 of 144
Quote:

okay okay lol..

Anyway, i switched the cables, now the music sounds allready much more familiar! Voices seem alooot better then they used to, soundstage is insane, details details! ....Still not sure..

No heck, i'm sure now, this IS the way these are meant to be worn! HUGE difference, the bass is more forward, but also tighter.. All of this becouse of a better seal.. Nice!

Makes a huge change doesn't it!

Dec 30, 2008 at 8:08 PM Post #21 of 144
I wonder what Sennheiser would say about so many people getting better results wearing them that way....

Oh, and is there more than one coupon I can enter at Advanced MP3 Players when I order my IE8, or is it just the one "listenlive" coupon?

Dec 30, 2008 at 8:10 PM Post #22 of 144
Absolutelly, i'm shocked really.. thanks for the findout! Mannn..... espeacially the soundstage, amazing, and rock music sounds sooooo much better now.. I've been wearing these buds 24/7 for about 2 weeks now, and every moment i'm enjoying them more and more, only to find out now i was wearing them upside down
biggrin.gif

Dec 30, 2008 at 8:15 PM Post #23 of 144
It makes me wonder if senn knew that they sound and fit better worn down!
Think about it,they supply a shirt clip to help with microphonics which you dont really need but ......hmmmmm.
God i need another pair lol!

Dec 30, 2008 at 8:29 PM Post #24 of 144
Do they look weird when they're in your ears with the left and the right phones flipped and the cords hanging down? Because my super.fi 5s did.

But then again, they always looked weird....

Dec 30, 2008 at 9:14 PM Post #26 of 144
Hah. Ironic.

EDIT: "Order Received"

Dec 30, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #27 of 144
I tried wearing them both ways when i first got them and they sounded the same. Just tried again whilst listening to Daft Punk and sounds identical to me, but i find over the ear more comfortable, it fits my ear better. I must have strange ears lol
wink.gif

Dec 30, 2008 at 9:37 PM Post #28 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hah. Ironic.

EDIT: "Order Received"

NICE, congrats!

And they sounded the same to me too at first, but after a while i noticed alot more details and, well just read my posts here!

Dec 30, 2008 at 9:41 PM Post #29 of 144
Quote:

NICE, congrats!

Thanks
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruits /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried wearing them both ways when i first got them and they sounded the same. Just tried again whilst listening to Daft Punk and sounds identical to me, but i find over the ear more comfortable, it fits my ear better. I must have strange ears lol
wink.gif

Oooo, I love Daft Punk. How does it sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back