Wearing IEMs in your nose?
Dec 7, 2013 at 7:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

tninety

Head-Fier
I heard on the SE846 announcement thread someone was wearing different IEMs in their nose and ears and was putting their 846s in their nose. I've never heard of this.

1. Is this common practice? I'm going to try it as soon as my 846s come in.
2. What sleeves are people using to do this?
3. Does it really improve sound quality? I would imagine it would increase the amount of sound going to your head, since you'd hear some of the sounds that were going in your nose as well.
4. What about the safety aspect? If you fall asleep IEMs in your nose, would you risk suffocating?
5. Do you use a headphone splitter to split the signals? Or multiple DACs? Could you have a different DAC/amp combo for your nose and ears?
6. How does it impact your sense of smell?
7. Could you enjoy two different tracks at the same time?
8. Has anyone tried putting IEMs in their mouth?

Please give your opinion.

Dec 8, 2013 at 3:05 AM Post #9 of 29
1. See what the poll says, I'm expecting a close vote!
2. I think anything other than foam or a double flange design would be ideal, so nothing soaks in or gets caught.
3. An INN (great name) with strong bass could really have a visceral impact, I'm sure your soundstage perception could improve as well.
4. I would not recommend trying this if you're going to bed, but I know allergies sometimes make me feel like my nose is plugged by C-INN's!
5. Perhaps we get get some members to send in some different INN's and equipment for you to test... any volunteers?
6. I would not expect any change in smell.
7. I guess...?
8. What a ridiculous idea... please tell me you're joking about this! The mouth.... uggh! Disgusting!
Let us know how it goes with your 846's! I can't wait to hear the results!

Dec 8, 2013 at 6:05 AM Post #11 of 29
Surely the septum in your nose is too thin and would allow crosstalk, thus diminishing the soundstage?

The nose reacts to unwanted intrusions by producing more snot and gravity will make said snot fall towards your IEMs - doesn't sound like they'll live long, so much as I'm curious I'm not going to try it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back