We got a first timer here =P
Jul 14, 2010 at 9:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

firestorm6500

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, i'm a newbie to the forums and figured id start off by asking your guys opinion about my upcoming headphones purchase. Dont flame me but I was considering skullcandy hesh or skullcrusher headphones but then after realizing that the entire headphone community craps on them, I decided to research a bit more.

My Criteria / Usages

1) For work (music during work, must have great bass)
2) For gaming (I use ventrilo and would prefer a set with a mic that is either not obvious or can be attached/detached or an in-line mic)
3) For mobile phone (i have an iPhone and would LOVE to find a set that I can use with it as well)
4) I prefer over the ear headphones because I find them to be the most comfortable
5) Must be less than $100 (prefer a price range between $50-$75)

I know this criteria is a bit picky but I figured if I can find a set like this then this would be the place to go to find out where to find them. Thanks for the help in advance!

Jul 14, 2010 at 10:15 AM Post #2 of 11
Don't worry about having considered Skullcandy. I did too, before, when I didn't know better.

At your price range, and for your criteria, I think you'll have better luck with IEMs. Besides that, I don't think there any headphones that have a mic that's compatible with both the computer and a mobile phone.

Jul 14, 2010 at 10:48 AM Post #3 of 11
Check out the Creative Aurvana Live. It's a rebadged Denon D1001 and it sounds exactly the same (which is way better then any Skullcandy) It doesn't have a mic though.

Jul 14, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #4 of 11
Yeah, no decent headphones will generally have a mic and iPhone controls. IEMs are your best bet there. Other than that look into the M50s or ES7.

Jul 14, 2010 at 10:45 PM Post #6 of 11
Jul 15, 2010 at 1:27 AM Post #7 of 11
Don't worry about considering skullcandy, I  ordered some
eek.gif
, the bass overpowers and destroys everything and I had so many problems with the return department sending them back and not giving a refund, my dad now wears them at work. I like my Grado SR-80i headphones that I got afterward a lot more. I'm not sure I could recommend them for bass, I wouldn't use them for a phone and they are on ear, so don't buy Grado for what you want, possibly a Denon. For IEMs I have heard good things about Monster Turbine's and Shure seems to also be a good brand.

Jul 15, 2010 at 1:33 AM Post #8 of 11
The one reason I would not recommend Shures at that price range is because they all seem to have a tremendous lack of bass under the E4C/SCL4 model from what I've personally experienced (because there is no armature specifically for bass under the SE420 model--they are all single balanced armature based, other than the SE115 which uses a dynamic driver). Other than that, if you can afford the SE530 (which are going much cheaper used now-a-days) then that would be a great option.

Jul 15, 2010 at 4:15 AM Post #11 of 11
Or you might want to check out the sennheisers px-200 ii. They're going for $89.95 on amazon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back