Ways to hold an amp + source together
Jul 7, 2009 at 1:58 PM Post #16 of 39
With a regular full-size iPod with an amp - I use aprox 3 or 4 1 1/2" patches of Velcro first stuck to back of iPod.....the other half stock to amp.

With smaller dap eg. Nano /amp combo use Scunci (they're like rubber bands - but clear/thin/narrow/a stretchy plastic formulation). These are most often found in ladies hair care sections of drugstores - packs of aprox 50 for a couple of dollars.

Jul 7, 2009 at 11:11 PM Post #18 of 39
About an hour ago, I finally got my setup the way I like it. Got rid of the black duct tape, and I hot glued my ex-camera bag strap to my Zune's DLO Action Jacket. It was slightly too short, so I had to glue/fuse an extension on it (which I hope holds up), but it's much better now. The only bad part was once I tried to take it off, part of the case came off with it. It's fine now.

Jul 8, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #19 of 39
Velcro One-Wrap works well and has a finished, purpose-built look to it. Also check out the Tamrac 5692 digital camera bag -- holds my iPod Classic and SR71-A with LOD cable in the main compartment like it was custom made for the job and there is a separate zippered compartment that holds my IEM's. Cost was <$20; quality is top notch.

Jul 8, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #21 of 39
It comes on a roll like tape and you can cut it to any length... It's hook on one side and loop on the other so it sticks to it'self ( and nylon braided/cloth sheething as well) when you wrap it around things. Very hand for tying off cables of different lengths but I think it would slide too easily wrapped around an amp and dap.

Jul 8, 2009 at 2:37 PM Post #24 of 39
velcro and headroom bags. Skip the rubber bands.

Jul 8, 2009 at 3:21 PM Post #25 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For hard drive based DAP's, neodymium magnets :wink:

So do you glue the magnets on? I think that would be a bit risky...

Jul 8, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #29 of 39
IMG_2063.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back