WAV Sounds The Best (To Me)
May 27, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #226 of 305
pinch it clean brother. god speed.

btw where's biggie? good thing he's not here now since i've got fend off so many hostile posts I couldn't take another recruit Gman forum moderator in hot pursuit so while you are away I can get ready for his insults and condemnations

May 27, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #228 of 305
  I suggested already the basis of science is conscious disruption of stale and entrenched beliefs, of which this forum is full to the top of. This forum subsection is in need of a good old fashioned colonic and that's where guys like me come in to get that **** movin'

Simply saying "I don't believe." is not science.

Might wanna read up on the scientific method: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method

May 27, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #229 of 305
I don't think anyone's doing any science here, you guys included, that's my point. I've already admitted from the get go i'm not doing science and cannot do science regarding the few topics i've weighed in on, even though I've done personal research, again, I understand I cannot transfer those findings to others. All this does not mean I can't contribute to a science forum. Again, you guys are not doing any hard science either, just comments masked as objectivity. A forum is for discussion of ideas as far as I'm concerned, not coming to definite conclusions based on research. Why don't you start a sub forum of a sub forum, dedicated to hard research and aBX tests, that way it won't mess up the general sound science forum?

and while you and others seem convinced that ABX is a be all end all conclusion to definitiveness I disagree for reasons i've already said. And so I would ask you to prove that those ABX tests are meaningful. All you can prove in even the rare cases that you can elimiate all the variables, including how foobar holds files in temp condition for listening, is that sometimes meaningful difference can be heard. And as the poster from that other forum mentioned, the way foobar processes flac files calls it into question. If you want to discuss that aspect, fine, I asked for anyone to comment on any of those ideas from the other forum, and got no response. Or does discussing other people's ideas qualify as meaningless 'data' in your mind, since it's not end game ABX data?  You guys are too demanding of hard data. Hard data is extremely hard to come by so why not allow yourself to play with other ideas? I know playing with ideas is not a scientific tendency but that's what you can learn from types like me who know how to play with ideas and we can learn how to be more rigourous in our inquiries. It can be a give and take since there are in fact two basic tendencies and temperaments. If you work so hard to banish all us gooey types out of the forum, all that will be left is static ABX tests here and there and it's hardly a dynamic forum but simply a repository for data that may or may not be corrupted. Unless someone clarifies how foobar works and that it doesn' suspend the flac file in a wav state, which would make the ab meaningless I don't see how we can proceed. And don't jump on me if I didn't describe the process correct. I am just going by what I read from the other fellow who suggested the idea.....it seems meanignful no?

May 27, 2015 at 10:51 PM Post #230 of 305
   Good luck in uni.....do you know the origin of the word university? and why if you graduate you'll toss up your square hat?

And this has anything to do with what exactly? University, from unversitas (a whole), if you want. If I graduate, I toss up my square hat because it's fun.

I suggested already the basis of science is conscious disruption of stale and entrenched beliefs, of which this forum is full to the top of. This forum subsection is in need of a good old fashioned colonic and that's where guys like me come in to get that **** movin'

Yes, IF you could verify it. Otherwise, it's called religion. Oh, and nice try: all you're doing is uniting this entire forum against you.
  I don't think anyone's doing any science here, you guys included, that's my point. I've already admitted from the get go i'm not doing science and cannot do science regarding the few topics i've weighed in on, even though I've done personal research, again, I understand I cannot transfer those findings to others. All this does not mean I can't contribute to a science forum. Again, you guys are not doing any hard science either, just comments masked as objectivity. A forum is for discussion of ideas as far as I'm concerned, not coming to definite conclusions based on research. Why don't you start a sub forum of a sub forum, dedicated to hard research and aBX tests, that way it won't mess up the general sound science forum?

and while you and others seem convinced that ABX is a be all end all conclusion to definitiveness I disagree for reasons i've already said. And so I would ask you to prove that those ABX tests are meaningful. All you can prove in even the rare cases that you can elimiate all the variables, including how foobar holds files in temp condition for listening, is that sometimes meaningful difference can be heard. And as the poster from that other forum mentioned, the way foobar processes flac files calls it into question. If you want to discuss that aspect, fine, I asked for anyone to comment on any of those ideas from the other forum, and got no response. Or does discussing other people's ideas qualify as meaningless 'data' in your mind, since it's not end game ABX data?  You guys are too demanding of hard data. Hard data is extremely hard to come by so why not allow yourself to play with other ideas? I know playing with ideas is not a scientific tendency but that's what you can learn from types like me who know how to play with ideas and we can learn how to be more rigourous in our inquiries. It can be a give and take since there are in fact two basic tendencies and temperaments. If you work so hard to banish all us gooey types out of the forum, all that will be left is static ABX tests here and there and it's hardly a dynamic forum but simply a repository for data that may or may not be corrupted. Unless someone clarifies how foobar works and that it doesn' suspend the flac file in a wav state, which would make the ab meaningless I don't see how we can proceed. And don't jump on me if I didn't describe the process correct. I am just going by what I read from the other fellow who suggested the idea.....it seems meanignful no?

Can't disprove a negative, numbnuts. Isn't it just easier to say you're full of it? Just because you don't agree with something doesn't mean it's wrong. Other people's ideas is meaningless data unless there's ground. Right now, you have no ground.

God, and I thought AS was bad. At least he doesn't think he's top s***. I'm just gonna say it: you're in the wrong forum for this train of thought. Maybe DBT-free forums are more your speed?

May 27, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #232 of 305
  how many other rituals do you participate in without knowing anything about them I wonder? how would you know with such a closed mind into subjects.

Rituals? Believing/trusting something is very different from knowing it as a fact. You believe something right now: nobody's going to try and beat you down for it. However, when you deny attempts to test your theory, or listen to reason, that's when you'll get hammered.

Again, you're in the wrong forum: go somewhere else if you don't want to be scrutinised.

May 27, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #233 of 305
was talking about the square hat ritual, and to a larger extent the ritual of attenting uni. Why not research this thing you are spending 100k on? Or do you not have an inquiring mind?

where did i say i didnt' want to be scrutinized? cite it....I welcome it. it's the lack of scrutiny that is the problem actually.

May 27, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #234 of 305
  was talking about the square hat ritual, and to a larger extent the ritual of attenting uni. Why not research this thing you are spending 100k on? Or do you not have an inquiring mind?

I go to uni to get a job that I otherwise cannot get without the degree I'm attempting to get because without proper guidance and tools, it's next to impossible to get into.

May 27, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #236 of 305

I hate to break it to you, but you can't even tell 256 kbps AAC and lossless apart, much less uncompressed lossless and compressed lossless. Just convert some WAV files to 256 kbps AAC and do some ABX tests to see how hard you fail, just like anyone else would.

May 27, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #237 of 305

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitchens%27s_razor

Evidence please?

May 27, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #238 of 305
give me a few months of living with it and I could. I never claimed I could do a short term ABX as I do not believe it is possible. We agree. We don't agree that is the only way however. for the 5th time...I know you disagree but so what. Over time many people can hear difference.

May 27, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #240 of 305
  give me a few months of living with it and I could. I never claimed I could do a short term ABX as I do not believe it is possible. We agree. We don't agree that is the only way however. for the 5th time...I know you disagree but so what. Over time many people can hear difference.

For the last time, long-term perceived differences have no validity in terms of proving anything. Even if you perceived a difference, it would be placebo, as in imagined, not real -- either that or your equipment is defective and is producing distortion with certain things, but not others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back