1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

WAV Sounds The Best (To Me)

Discussion in 'Sound Science' started by jfaaz, Apr 1, 2015.
First

Back
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
  1. Music Alchemist

The more music you listen to, the more subtleties you notice and the easier it is for you to hear small details -- even more so with higher quality equipment. Although it can certainly help, you don't need formal "listener training" to be able to hear details in music. Anyone with intact hearing can do it, even when not consciously looking for details.

2. Steve Eddy

Great. Looking forward to your controlled listening test results.

se

3. Music Alchemist

Controlled listening tests...of what? I was referring to everyone's ability to hear details in music in general -- not to hear details that don't exist between formats or anything like that.

4. Steve Eddy

Ok. But what I said, what you quoted of me, was in the context of controlled listening tests.

se

5. anetode

I assume that there's some validity to the phenomenon from the basis of current research into test performance, so I'd expect it to come up naturally. This assertion is falsifiable, but testing it out is not of vital importance. There are other things I'd like to test first, but to do so properly is a giant PITA. Maybe I'll finally set up a DBT at a large meet sometime, hire a college kid to run it.

First

Back
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20