Watercooler Tour Thread - (New eligible participants welcome PM me for details.) - See second post for active tours.
Jan 20, 2024 at 11:48 PM Post #991 of 1,214
Jan 21, 2024 at 3:27 PM Post #992 of 1,214
Yup...follow the protocol on the first page and I'll add you to all the tours.

Thanks.

Athos Kyriakides. Jersey City, NJ, USA.

Interested in all the US tours except the FatFreq.

Jan 29, 2024 at 10:45 PM Post #993 of 1,214
repost from main cooler:

Ok, did some more experimenting. The tour kit came with 2 cables. The stock one that was on it makes vocals unlistenable, I mean it's awful. The vocals are so recessed and distant. Swapped to this thicker one shown here, problem solved, voices/mids much more forward and balanced now. What a terrible pairing. This is a testament to the difference cables can make, TBH it's a change on par with something like Orpheus swapping out these cables. I thought I could write the Anni off as a hyped garbage set but alas it isn't, now it sounds tremendous, night and day difference. Literally thought something was broken, was that bad. Worse than the Jewel cable debacle IMO, it's certainly a better looking cable than the Jewel cable but it totally ruins Anni.

This looks to the be the effect audio fusion 1 cable, would advise all Anni owners to swap out their stock to this or something better. I am not trying to sound hyperbolic but the difference is significant. Cable swaps are normally 10-15% difference in my book aside from Orpheus and a few others that made a significant difference. I would include fusion 1 in that big difference category at least with Anni.

https://www.effectaudio.com/fusion-1

Elysian shot themselves in the foot with the stock cable, just like Aroma with jewel.

@Ike1985 is going to laugh.

When I heard the Liquid Links stock cable, it sounded dark and dull to me as well. I didn't think much of it. Immediately switched to Fusion 1 and the sound was night and day. Immediately put the Fusion 1 on my shopping list.

Fast forward to today. As a complete shock to me, I bought/acquired an Anni 23 titanium after hearing the tour set. They arrived today so it was time for a little A/B because, why not. I hooked the tour set up to my tube amp and mine to my other amp. Volume matched them. The tour set was way off compared to my set. After a little left/right test, I discovered the tour cable is sending L+R to both channels. I confirmed with switching out adapters and amps. It is definitely the cable and the Tour Anni 23 sound perfect with the fusion cable. Also glad I caught it because I only used the stock cable on the Divas and thought they were horrible. Obviously I need to hear them again, properly.

So I guess the question is, should I send the LL cable back to @Rockwell75 or the entire kit?

Jan 30, 2024 at 1:46 AM Post #994 of 1,214

When I heard the Liquid Links stock cable, it sounded dark and dull to me as well. I didn't think much of it. Immediately switched to Fusion 1 and the sound was night and day. Immediately put the Fusion 1 on my shopping list.

Fast forward to today. As a complete shock to me, I bought/acquired an Anni 23 titanium after hearing the tour set. They arrived today so it was time for a little A/B because, why not. I hooked the tour set up to my tube amp and mine to my other amp. Volume matched them. The tour set was way off compared to my set. After a little left/right test, I discovered the tour cable is sending L+R to both channels. I confirmed with switching out adapters and amps. It is definitely the cable and the Tour Anni 23 sound perfect with the fusion cable. Also glad I caught it because I only used the stock cable on the Divas and thought they were horrible. Obviously I need to hear them again, properly.

So I guess the question is, should I send the LL cable back to @Rockwell75 or the entire kit?

How can the cable send both L+R to both channels? If what your saying is true, that would explain why I thought the anni was terrible until I heard it on the Fusion 1. How is it on the Horus X? I have a Horus Octa, but it wasn't a ConX, so I couldn't try that. But I do enjoy it on the centurion.

Jan 30, 2024 at 2:25 AM Post #995 of 1,214
How can the cable send both L+R to both channels? If what your saying is true, that would explain why I thought the anni was terrible until I heard it on the Fusion 1. How is it on the Horus X? I have a Horus Octa, but it wasn't a ConX, so I couldn't try that. But I do enjoy it on the centurion.
I listened to Anni on both cables and they were both fine.

Jan 30, 2024 at 10:17 AM Post #996 of 1,214

That is...so weird. Yes you can send the cable back to me.

In other news I have a Rhapsodio Supreme 3 coming in for tour-- should be here today. I also just confirmed I'll be receiving a VE/AK Aura for tour soon. Exciting times.

Jan 30, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #997 of 1,214

In other news I have a Rhapsodio Supreme 3 coming in for tour-- should be here today. I also just confirmed I'll be receiving a VE/AK Aura for tour soon. Exciting times.
Sounds good. Please PM me your address and I’ll get the cable to you and the kit to @wazzupi who is a-ok getting it without the stock cable.

Jan 30, 2024 at 11:15 PM Post #999 of 1,214

Yup, LL sounded horrendous. :sweat_smile: :grimacing:

Jan 30, 2024 at 11:27 PM Post #1,000 of 1,214
Yup, LL sounded horrendous. :sweat_smile: :grimacing:

Just so I can undo all the bad things I said about Liquid Links and the Martini cable...

Martini functioning correctly isn't far off my Horus X with the Annihilator. A great match from Elysian.

I did do a continuity test and indeed ring 1 and 3 from the 4.4mm both feed L+R.

Jan 30, 2024 at 11:47 PM Post #1,001 of 1,214
Just so I can undo all the bad things I said about Liquid Links and the Martini cable...

Martini functioning correctly isn't far off my Horus X with the Annihilator. A great match from Elysian.

I did do a continuity test and indeed ring 1 and 3 from the 4.4mm both feed L+R.
Yeah, enough bashing of that cable!

Jan 31, 2024 at 1:28 AM Post #1,002 of 1,214

A cable sending both L+R must have the IEM side termination damaged, but not sure how this may happen.

Jan 31, 2024 at 1:29 AM Post #1,003 of 1,214

Stoked to hear both of these. Count me
In for both tours 😍

Jan 31, 2024 at 12:39 PM Post #1,004 of 1,214
A cable sending both L+R must have the IEM side termination damaged, but not sure how this may happen.
I think it's just mis-soldered inside the 4.4 connector. L+ signal shouldn't go anywhere near the R IEM termination/earpiece

Jan 31, 2024 at 1:06 PM Post #1,005 of 1,214
I think it's just mis-soldered inside the 4.4 connector. L+ signal shouldn't go anywhere near the R IEM termination/earpiece
This. I've soldered those 4.4mm plugs and they can be pretty fiddly. It wouldn't take a huge mistake to create a potential short between left and right. It would even be possible for the cable to test good when soldered and then short later due to stress.

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back