Watercooler Tour Thread - (New eligible participants welcome PM me for details.) - See second post for active tours.
Feb 17, 2022 at 4:08 PM Post #61 of 1,180
The Fir Audio IEMs are available in custom...
Totally forgot you were attending CanJam. Enjoy buddy!

And the FiR line is available in customs btw.

Sorry I didn't read the conversation and thought we were still talking about VE. FiR will be there and I was already planning on putting in an order (probably for KR5)...

In that case maybe I'll want to have the universal and the other models to directly compare to once I have my customs ^^

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #62 of 1,180
Sorry I didn't read the conversation and thought we were still talking about VE. FiR will be there and I was already planning on putting in an order (probably for KR5)...

In that case maybe I'll want to have the universal and the other models to directly compare to once I have my customs ^^
Even better 🤣

Feb 20, 2022 at 12:17 AM Post #63 of 1,180
Feb 21, 2022 at 1:24 PM Post #64 of 1,180
@Rockwell75 I believe @Kevintj604 will be interested in participating on the Fir Tour as well.

All good I just need him to reach out directly to me to confirm.

In other news the VE tour is proceeding nicely-- kit is presently with Biodegraded from SBAF and will be handed off to @endless402 next.

Feb 21, 2022 at 10:15 PM Post #65 of 1,180
I'm interested in this tour as well, am I too late?

I agree to the terms of this tour and will email info separately tomorrow.

Dinaro Ly, Aurora Ontario

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2022 at 11:12 PM Post #67 of 1,180
Interested in the tour. In Vancouver Canada. Am I too late?

Yes and no. Do you have any friends who are established members? It appears you just registered and made this post. Typically we ask that people have established some community presence before participating in a tour like this. If you don't have any community references I'll ask that you wait until the kit finishes out east and comes back to BC in a few months and if by then you're still around and have established yourself a bit around here I'll be happy to add you. .

Feb 21, 2022 at 11:22 PM Post #68 of 1,180
Yes and no. Do you have any friends who are established members? It appears you just registered and made this post. Typically we ask that people have established some community presence before participating in a tour like this. If you don't have any community references I'll ask that you wait until the kit finishes out east and comes back to BC in a few months and if by then you're still around and have established yourself a bit around here I'll be happy to add you. .

Ive been lurking on this thead for a few weeks. Looking at the Phonix to compliment my EE Odin. I actually did make this account specifically for the tour. My main concern is the fit because I have smaller ears. As a reference, The Monarch MK2 and Sony Z1R is too big for me.

How is the fit of the Phonix compared to the U12T / Empire Ears Odin? (These IEMs work) Thank you

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2022 at 11:34 PM Post #69 of 1,180
Ive been lurking on this thead for a few weeks. Looking at the Phonix to compliment my EE Odin. I actually did make this account specifically for the tour. My main concern is the fit because I have smaller ears. As a reference, The Monarch MK2 and Sony Z1R is too big for me.

How is the fit of the Phonix compared to the U12T / Empire Ears Odin? (These IEMs work) Thank you

I wouldn't think Phonix would be an issue fit-wise. Odin's not exactly a small IEM...I'm having trouble imagining how you could fit Odin but not Monarch II.

Feb 21, 2022 at 11:49 PM Post #70 of 1,180
Screenshot-20220221-203710-Gallery.jpg

The shell size is pretty similar but I suspect its the length of the nozzle thats a problem for me. Tested it with Final Es / Spinfits / Azla Xelsastic. Cant get a deep insertion.

I can only get an hr in with the Mk2 before I get soreness where I can get a half day in with the Odins before I feel discomfort. Ideally this time I want to test the fit instead of blind buying.

I wouldn't think Phonix would be an issue fit-wise. Odin's not exactly a small IEM...I'm having trouble imagining how you could fit Odin but not Monarch II.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2022 at 11:57 PM Post #71 of 1,180
To answer your previous question, I dont know anyone personally that uses Head Fi (yet) as I am pretty new to the hobby. I am not in a rush to buy as I am pretty content with the Odin as my main (besides certain songs that have upper mid brightness). I can wait a few months until it hits the West Coast to demo if that is still an option then.

Feb 22, 2022 at 12:48 AM Post #72 of 1,180
I struggle with IEM fit. The Crystal Azala Tips and the new long spin fits cp500(?) helped me a lot.

Feb 22, 2022 at 2:26 PM Post #73 of 1,180
I have a question regarding sanitation since I didn't see any instructions on this as the kit gets passed on from one person to another. Are there any expectations with regards to sanitation?

Feb 22, 2022 at 9:44 PM Post #74 of 1,180
I have a question regarding sanitation since I didn't see any instructions on this as the kit gets passed on from one person to another. Are there any expectations with regards to sanitation?
The last time I participated on a tour, it was expected to be sanitized before shipping it to the next person but it's always a good idea to sanitize it again when received.
I do this with all of the products I get.

Feb 22, 2022 at 9:48 PM Post #75 of 1,180
Be gentle. Jesus. $10,000 in IEMs with beautiful finishing and materials… What do the manufacturers recommend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back