Dec 6, 2001 at 4:51 AM Post #78 of 102
Thanks a lot Jude, just in time, there's about 8 mins left
wink.gif

Dec 6, 2001 at 4:52 AM Post #79 of 102
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
Thanks a lot Jude, just in time, there's about 8 mins left
wink.gif

I don't know why it's not showing on the front forums page..... I have that option supposedly activated. I'll have to look into that. It is showing on the calendar though.

Dec 6, 2001 at 5:09 AM Post #80 of 102
Hey!! Happy belated (10 minutes) birthday KR!!!

Dec 6, 2001 at 5:12 AM Post #81 of 102
You know, the scary thing is that I have most of the pens you all mentioned here and certainly am familiar with them all. I've bought pens from FPH too, good store.

obsessive compulsives unite!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 6, 2001 at 9:10 PM Post #86 of 102
I stick to basics
my everyday is the basic tag 2 tone chronometer 2000 series

my nice is a blue/gold 2 ton submariner

my dad has a sweet patek tank watch
but it keeps time like **** so forget it

lol
hand crafted sometimes = ****
lol

anyways...

I think i won't get a watch in a long time
but god praise perpetual chronometers

next watch is the 2 tone Rolex Daytona

Dec 7, 2001 at 3:00 AM Post #87 of 102
>>My personal favorite though that I own is the Carbon Nickel Fiber.

Lucky person! I wanted that one but the store only had the carbon fiber ones (sold out of the nickel fibers and sensa was debating weather or not they were going to keep making them) so i had to get that. I like CF look though and I still have it. So I guess I still have one somewhat expensive pen I didnt loose. I forgot about the sensa before! I guess thats because I never used it much. The grip was comfortable but I always had other pens i liked better. Im not big on the design of the sensa, you cant hold it at too much of an angle or else the side of the ballpoint thing rubs against the paper, it doesnt write correctly, and it feels very annoying. I guess it just doesnt work well with my writing style.

>>But in the middle of a final exam, guess who gets the last laugh...the guy with the $50 pen or the guy with the 10 pack of Bics, and none of them work? I don't know HOW many times I've seen Bic pens die in the middle of nowhere or something important.

Bics do die, but not nearly as quick as Mont Blanc rollerballs. So the guy with the multihundred dollar pen is out of luck and the guy with the ¢10 bic is laugin last. Doesnt really matter though, someone always has an extra ¢10 bic to lend out.

>>That's the other thing, you're much less likely to lose that pen if it DID cost $50, which adds on to the reliability issue of always having a good pen around.

Kinda opposite with me. I hardly ever loose cheap pens, the only time that happens is when I lend one out and it doesnt get returned. I always lost expensive pens (well over $1000 down the drain
frown.gif
), but I made sure whoever I lent it to returned it at the end of class. Kinda sucks. I guess god was telling me not to waste money on pens and it took me a while to catch on lol.

O wait! I do have one ok pensil I havent lost yet too. 14k gold cross. Even though they arent really fancy or exclusive or anything I always liked cross pensils. Nice and thin, nice and light. Perfect for pensiling. Strong too. Not like those pain in the ass mont blancs that broke all the time. Atleast the Mont Blanc store fixed em, albit for a price. Still a lot cheaper than buying a new one.

>>I should be able to find it on the cheap now, since after all it is the worst amp ever made.

If you do, make sure to tell me!!!!! Yall can hate on the Holmes Powell as much as you want but I still love it
biggrin.gif

Dec 7, 2001 at 3:28 AM Post #88 of 102
To this day I have no idea about the intrigue behind Mont Blancs. They just look so...bulky. And uncomfortable. I mean you figure you could get Sensa's most expensive shiny gold pen and have comfort and styling, and it'd probably still be cheaper than some of the cheaper Mont Blancs, or you could get a bulky, plain looking black pen that's so easy to fake and copy. Maybe Mont Blancs are cool cause all doctors seem to have that little white flower sticking out of their shirt pockets?
confused.gif

Dec 7, 2001 at 3:39 AM Post #89 of 102
Dang, those Sensas look quite nice, wish I had one. That's really the sweetest looking mech pencil I have ever seen. Don't know how I could ever justify owning one though, no wait, $5 for a pack of two side click pencils, I go though about six a year because I wear out the ac tion, hmmm, may be worth it.

I may ask for that for a graduation present
smily_headphones1.gif
The stylus idea seems strage to me, I don't know of anyone who uses their palm enough to need that, maybe it would be good for a drawing tablet.

You are missing the main point of these pens if you think it is so THEY last longer, it is so that YOU can write longer. My hand always seems to cramp up long before my pen ever dies. If i try using those 10 cent bics I can't write for more than five mins without having to drop the pen and strech my hand. I wish I had I nice one, my English exam is tommorow and its all essay, dang my hand is going to hurt
frown.gif

Dec 8, 2001 at 5:55 AM Post #90 of 102
Hmm...

My dad (a doctor) has a whole bunch of Mont Blanc pens... I love 'em. Nice and thick and hefty. Personally though, I use a PhD mechanical pencil. I've gone through about 5 in the last, oh, 3 years. I *love* that grip, and they're nice and thick (but a bit light).

My watch is a Casio G-Shock with the capability to store data (words, numbers...) although it dosen't have a computer link
frown.gif
I like it anyhow, especially since the glass is quasi-recessed so it only has one scratch (from rock climbing...)! Also the ability to stop/quiet the alarm by hitting the backlight button is nice.

And I don't smoke.

What about cameras?
Nikon 990 digital+Nikon Super Coolscan 4000 ED Film/slide scanner+21" monitor+Adobe Photoshop 6 right here, beat THAT for digital imaging...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back