1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Watches

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6
  1. morphsci Contributor
    Quote:

Originally posted by eric343
    What about cameras?
    Nikon 990 digital+Nikon Super Coolscan 4000 ED Film/slide scanner+21" monitor+Adobe Photoshop 6 right here, beat THAT for digital imaging...

How about two Nikon n90s', one F100, one D1, two Super Coolscan 2000's, 2 50 slide auto feeders, a 21" monitor, dual processor PIII xeon with an oxygen video card, Adobe Photoshop 6.0 with Silverfast plug-ins for the scanners.

2. eric343 Contributor
    Ya beat me on everything else, but I've still got a better scanner [​IMG] [​IMG]

Incidentally, who has the best prices on the slide feeders? I'm looking to get one. (and yes I know how much they cost...)

3. freethetree
    >>To this day I have no idea about the intrigue behind Mont Blancs. They just look so...bulky. And uncomfortable. I mean you figure you could get Sensa's most expensive shiny gold pen and have comfort and styling, and it'd probably still be cheaper than some of the cheaper Mont Blancs, or you could get a bulky, plain looking black pen that's so easy to fake and copy. Maybe Mont Blancs are cool cause all doctors seem to have that little white flower sticking out of their shirt pockets?

Nah they arent too bulky or uncomfortable (the plain looking balck ones you talk of), infact most of the semi normal sized models are quite comfortable and easy to write with because they are so light weight (without the cap that is). What got me my first Monty back in the day was the smooth writing of the rollerballs. Mont Blanc makes some niiiice writin ink. I had a Classic ballpoint too but I sold that to my friend. I saw no point in it. The enamel Montys break SO easily its rediculous. Now the metal ones are nice (I like the Lapiz Luzi and SS, and of course the solid gold striped and solid platinum, but those are mad expensive) but they are really heavy. My favorite all around though (as I said before) was the 75th anniversary. The limited edition ones were based on the Le Grands, nice and thick, and for a ballpoint it wrote very nicely. Then of course I could brag to my freinds about all the fancy features [​IMG] lol. I dunno why doctors all have em, and they usually have the classic ballpoints! I really dislike those. I guess its more for status than anything. Infact come to think of it lots of people in positions of authority (even little authority) seem to have Montys. Bank managers, school superintendents, lawyers, etc.

4. gerG Contributor
    If the ipod would tell time I could strap it on my wrist and call it an audio-watch! No more geeky than the average wrist mounted dive computer, and it solves that need for a case. C'mon Apple, build in an analog clock function for the display!

Okay, I am kidding, sort of. The next generation of these things may be small enough to get away with this stunt (1000 songs on your wrist).

What happened to the cigar discussion? How about single malts? Do we need another thread for vices?

5. morphsci Contributor
    Quote:

Originally posted by eric343
    Ya beat me on everything else, but I've still got a better scanner [​IMG] [​IMG]

Incidentally, who has the best prices on the slide feeders? I'm looking to get one. (and yes I know how much they cost...)

Yeah the scanners are older but we needed redundancy so we did not upgrade the second scanner. Anyway I have found that either B&H or Camerworld has had the best prices on the slide feeders. I cannot remember what we paid but it was not significantly below retail.

6. KR... Contributor
    I just got my new Musical Fidelity Pen today in the mail, very cool!

7. neil
    My everyday is a huge Sunto wall clock. It weighs down my arm, but my right bicept looks like I can curl 220. [​IMG] Actually, Jude has one of those, and we call it the shield. My everyday is my favorite watch, Omega Seamaster Professional Chronometer. Some call it the James Bond watch, but yikes, that's not why I like it. It's very simple looking and it weighs and wears nicely on my wrist.

8. ponzio
    I don't think there are any writing instruments more beautifully engineered (or minimallistically pretty) as rotring mechanical pencils.

I'm beginning to see a pattern in the things head-fi folks obsess over.

9. dhwilkin Contributor
    Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but as my el-cheapo watch is breaking down, I was browsing through some suggestions listed, when I found a few sites that sell atomic watches, like this one. This sort of thing really appeals to the techno-geek in me. Anybody used one of these before?

10. bboyswag18
    I personally dream of owning a visconti knights templar LE at about $2600.

11. fuego
    I own several Swiss watches that cost several thousand dollars, but I still wear the Casio F-91W more than any other. Why? Accuracy, efficiency, low cost, comfort and style. I absolutely love the fact that the F-91W keeps better time than ANY Swiss chronometer. It's a social commentary perhaps, but the utilitarian aspects of the F-91W make it very worthwhile for many people.

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6